Found Alive CA - Joshua Thiede, 29, Los Angeles, 11 Feb 2018

That's interesting LE needs to be grilling the roommates. I wonder how close they are. Who knows maybe one of them involved in this.

you know, hmm.. that does happen a lot.
and the 911 a ruse?
I was thinking carjacking but why would the phone still be in the (relatively) same area the next day?

That's interesting LE needs to be grilling the roommates. I wonder how close they are. Who knows maybe one of them involved in this.

Agree. That part of Wilshire is a business area, not residential, so I had assumed he was working when he disappeared. Until just now when I realized he lived there. (Side note: that's a weird place to live. It is VERY expensive to live right in the business district in Downtown LA.) We are talking thousands of dollars a month in rent, per roommate. How many roommates were there? I know we probably can't sleuth them, but do we know anything about them?

Agree. That part of Wilshire is a business area, not residential, so I had assumed he was working when he disappeared. Until just now when I realized he lived there. (Side note: that's a weird place to live. It is VERY expensive to live right in the business district in Downtown LA.) We are talking thousands of dollars a month in rent, per roommate. How many roommates were there? I know we probably can't sleuth them, but do we know anything about them?

Answering my own question: there are two roommates: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-missing-man-20180217-story.html

Timeline

THURSDAY
Feb 8 - Josh's last known fare for Uber

SUNDAY
Feb 11 - Josh's last known 15 minute fare for Lyft
Feb 11 - Josh talks with his mom on the phone
Feb 11 - Josh texts his friend that he has the flu and can't get together over the weekend
Feb 11 - (evening, time unknown) Josh's key fob and his car leave his apartment garage on the 1000 block of Wilshire Blvd

MONDAY
Feb 12 2:32 pm - Josh's cell phone dials 911
Feb 12+ - (date unknown) Josh's phone is traced to Venice Blvd and Burlington Ave

Did you call this in, just in case?

This is a longshot, but I thought this was very interesting. Home invasion robberies often use a stolen car. Look at the description of the car used in a home invasion on Monday morning, right after he went missing:

Our burglary on Three Springs Drive - updated information
As many of you know, our home on Kirsten Lee in Three Springs was burglarized on Monday, February 12, 2018 at approximately 10:41AM. Three hooded men broke into our home through our kitchen while my wife and baby were at home upstairs. When confronted by my wife, they fled. While inside they stole a $1500 bag, and caused some property damage. The L.A. County Sheriff's Department is working the investigation, and has some promising leads so far. I spoke with Detective Lewis this afternoon. He is asking that anyone who lives in the area, who has video or photographic evidence of a male hispanic knocking on, or ringing your door bell on the morning of February 12, 2018 call him or email him so that he can view your videos/photos. Detective Lewis's email is t1lewis@lasd.org, and his phone number is (818) 878-5538. You can also private message me. Detective Lewis also advised that a vehicle description for the probable vehicle used as the getaway vehicle which was provided by eyewitness and video surveillance of nearby homeowners, is a black, newer model Nissan Altima. I will attempt to attach photographs of the vehicle to this thread. If you either see, have seen, or have video or photos of this vehicle, PLEASE call Lost Hills Sheriffs immediately. The station number is (818) 878-1808. Thank you. I have reported this information to the police.

Description of vehicle involved – Color: Black, Make: Nissan, Model: Altima, Year: Newer, Type: Sedan, License Plate: Dealer plate

[This is a warning sent to people on My Neighborhood, about the crime. This home invasion was in Westlake Village, which is a suburb about 45 min north of where the phone was pinging last] ]

Am I the only one wondering if he really had the flu??? Maybe it was a cover....better than saying sorry I made other plans lol

:thinking:

Kevin Young, another of Thiede's friends, said he hasn't heard from him since receiving a text message last Sunday, Feb. 11. "The last message I got from him was him saying he was sick with the flu, so he couldn't get together over the weekend," Young said.
Respectfully snipped for relevance:

So on Sunday, he texted his friend saying he couldn't get together over the weekend because he had the flu. By Sunday, the weekend is practically over and there is no option for "over the weekend" anyway. I'm curious what time that text was sent.

And again, as many of us keep noting, Josh said he had the flu. Would he really give a ride for Lyft if he was too sick to visit with friends? I doubt it.

My hinky meter is starting to point to roommates.

Am I the only one wondering if he really have the flu??? Maybe it was a cover....better than saying sorry I made other plans lol

Yes, he couldn't see his friends because of the flu but gives Lyft rides that day. Unless he just didn't want to hang out with the friend. Last night on my local news the family and friends said they were pretty sure he would be found. What could that mean?

Am I the only one wondering if he really had the flu??? Maybe it was a cover....better than saying sorry I made other plans lol

I'm wondering if he even sent that text. I think someone else sent it. The last time we KNOW he was alive was when he talked to his mom. All communications after that could have been sent by someone else.

So on Sunday, he texted his friend saying he couldn't get together over the weekend because he had the flu. By Sunday, the weekend is practically over and there is no option for "over the weekend" anyway. I'm curious what time that text was sent.

And again, as many of us keep noting, Josh said he had the flu. Would he really give a ride for Lyft if he was too sick to visit with friends? I doubt it.

I wonder if the text came from him or from someone who had his phone? Maybe the friend who made plans had texted more than once asking where he was and a perp texts back really quick, "Sorry dude, got the flu" to keep the friend from coming to look for him?

Timeline

THURSDAY
Feb 8 - Josh's last known fare for Uber

SUNDAY
Feb 11 - Josh's last known 15 minute fare for Lyft
Feb 11 - Josh talks with his mom on the phone
Feb 11 - Josh texts his friend that he has the flu and can't get together over the weekend
Feb 11 - (evening, time unknown) Josh's key fob and his car leave his apartment garage on the 1000 block of Wilshire Blvd

MONDAY
Feb 12 2:32 pm - Josh's cell phone dials 911
Feb 12+ - (date unknown) Josh's phone is traced to Venice Blvd and Burlington Ave

Do we have times for Sunday? What time was the Lyft ride and what time did he talk to his mom? The Lyft ride was well before the flu text, right? I think whatever happened to him happened right after he talked to mom. Then whoever harmed him sent the "I can't meet up" message and moved the car from the garage.

i'm wondering if he even sent that text. I think someone else sent it. The last time we know he was alive was when he talked to his mom. All communications after that could have been sent by someone else.
exactly!!!

bbm
Maybe he meant, because of the flu he wasn't able to contact him on Friday or Saturday. Maybe the flu was better by Sunday so he sent an explanation to the friend why he didn't contact him/see him that weekend.

tiny bit of new info..
joshua had two room mates.
probably the two friends quoted in the above nbc article

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/1...-disappearing-in-los-angeles-family-says.html

Snipped...
...Thiede’s friend Yokeena Jamar told KTLA she believes the 29-year-old was last completing a ride for Lyft.

“His last trip for Uber was last Thursday. His last trip for Lyft was for 15 minutes on Sunday; that’s why we’re concerned,” she said.

---------------------------------------------------

Where are you Josh?!?!??!

:candle:

What time was that last Lyft fare on Feb 11?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back