GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the obvious reason, you think?

People have left their pets behind to either start a new life, get away for awhile, or commit suicide. It happens. In each case people commented the person loved their pet and would never leave it behind, yet they dd.

I only saw his FB as far as social media. I didn't see any relationship listed or photos of anyone he was in a relationship with. Does he have a boyfriend, or girlfriend? Does he have friends that aren't coworkers in that area? The concerning texts with the family, were they because of the anger? Or was he not responding to all texts? Possible there was misspellings? Or words missing? Were they short answers when he is usually detailed? What was concerning?

Haven't seen a map yet of the area he went missing from. Did he walk away, take public transport, or did a friend or date pick him up? Any financial issues? I see his college is extensive. Did he have lots of student debt? Or did he have scholarships and grants to pay it? I saw a military photo on his FB but I don't know if it was him or his Dad in that the group photo. Anyone know if he served in the military?

More people seem to be putting off starting a family later in life so they can focus on their education and/or career. Yet I find no relationship a bit off. Either it was in secret, just not posted on FB, or truly none existent. Since he was a human, there typically is a biological want/need for another person. Whether for sex, companionship or both.

When AH went missing in NH, I believe it was the attorney general or an investigator, but it was said that everyone has a public life, a private life, and a secret life. What was Timothy's private and secret life like? Was involved in any drugs? Was there a mental health issue? Did he use prostitutes? Was he homosexual? Is their a risky/vulnerable lifestyle?

At this point, there isn't a lot of information for us to go on with as a sleuth. There aren't any leads we can look into. We can spread the word he is missing, and pray he is OK. Try to find other social media profiles to get a better idea of who Timothy is.

Great post, 2Hope4.

"Joe Carlos, a close friend and Morehouse classmate of Cunningham’s, spoke to him the week prior, when the two purchased tickets to an event for the anniversary of their alma mater. 'Our last communication the week prior was about hanging out before and going down to the VIP reception and enjoying ourselves,' Carlos explained. 'I can speak for myself and so many classmates that this is very, very shocking.'"

https://uproxx.com/news/cdc-employee-timothy-cunningham-missing-atlanta-eleven-days/

I live in the Nashville area, and for what it's worth I've seen this story shared quite a bit on Twitter along with BOTL type posts. But then I'm involved in the social justice community, which might make this a higher priority.

I pray this is just a case of mental distress and needing a break, rather than self-harm.

There are plenty of white women (and white men) on this very site who get little to no coverage. I don’t see this particular case as being fraught with any prejudice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Everyone,

I think we can all agree that certain missing person's cases get a lot more attention than others.

Is it race, is it gender, is it age, is it background, you could go on and on but this is a different subject. Totally different subject.

Let's concentrate on what few clues we have to go on and figure out what happened to Timothy Cunningham.

Deal?

Thank you,
Tricia

Just out of curiosity, how often do these MP cases end up being suicides by someone who wanted to spare their family the grief and therefore hid themselves?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I don’t know the percentage, but I have followed several such cases. Nick Steward, Jennifer Huston, and Leanne Bearden are three cases just off the top of my head. There are more, unfortunately.

I really hope Tim is still alive, but he doesn’t have his phone, car, or personal items. Unless someone is giving him shelter and food, things don’t look good.

Several thoughts come to mind.

Perhaps the promotion was into a department that was not what he thought it was. Or his supervisor was a pure jerk and started picking on him his first day.

If he was coming down with the flu, after he called in the next morning, he would not have the strength to walk very far.

Two open windows is suspicious. Were there people over the night before who were smoking, legal or illegal, and he was trying to air the house out and just forgot to close the windows since he wasn’t feeling good?

Have the police checked with Uber and Lyft? These are major ways of getting around in the metro cities. Are these numbers programmed into his phone? If so, he more than likely has accounts with them and uses them.

I hope his father has disclosed the last conversation he and Tim had which caused some concern to him. Regardless of what it was about, he must tell the police.

May this mystery be solved and this successful man be found soon and is safe.

Just out of curiosity, how often do these MP cases end up being suicides by someone who wanted to spare their family the grief and therefore hid themselves?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

In my opinion, I think it could be more than we might expect. No stats of course to back this up. Just the knowledge from working with so many suicidal patients, and from what they have told me was going through their minds.

The overwhelming majority believe their families and loved ones would be better off without them. That they are a terrible burden on them.

If any of that perceived burden stems from genuine conflict with lifestyle issues or core beliefs, the possibility of 'protecting' their family from even the knowledge of their suicide could become that much greater. In my opinion, I can see how they would believe they would be sparing them that grief.

Very few of our patients though were found in deserted or out of the way areas, so this really is just speculation on my part...

JMO

It’s a shame if this case isn’t getting much publicity in the US, it has appeared in MSM here in New Zealand.
One thing confusing me, did he go to work and leave because he was sick, or did he ring work and say he was sick. That is an important difference.

Praying for Timothy and family. Surely there are cctv cameras to have captured his comings & goings. Why do we so often seem to hear that important personal items (phone, wallet, keys, etc) left behind? Was he carjacked on the way home? Home intrusion? New meds? Blackmail? Confrontation? Significant other? Jealous co-worker? So worrisome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Given the timing, I think this case has homicide written all over it. He could have been poisoned at work and then somebody followed him home to finish him off and/or dispose of the body. It's probably classified but I'd like to know what he was working on and who he was working with.

I sure wish we could get more info to go on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There are plenty of white women (and white men) on this very site who get little to no coverage. I don’t see this particular case as being fraught with any prejudice.

Exactly. Tim's story has been on news websites all across the U.S...as it should be! Alot has to do with how much information is available to report.

Praying Tim is found soon! Everyone should be flooding social media with his picture.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It’s a shame if this case isn’t getting much publicity in the US, it has appeared in MSM here in New Zealand.
One thing confusing me, did he go to work and leave because he was sick, or did he ring work and say he was sick. That is an important difference.

From what I have read is he left work early because he was sick. What I am not clear on is if he then called in sick the following day. I do not think he did, but the way different articles have been written, I can't be sure.

It sounds to me, based on his father's statement, it is a mental health issue. Hopefully he is wandering the streets & will be found soon & he hasn't harmed himself.

From what I have read is he left work early because he was sick. What I am not clear on is if he then called in sick the following day. I do not think he did, but the way different articles have been written, I can't be sure.

It sounds to me, based on his father's statement, it is a mental health issue. Hopefully he is wandering the streets & will be found soon & he hasn't harmed himself.

I read his father's statements as perhaps indicating that he thought he was being followed or was in danger.

What I have not seen (and maybe I've missed it- entirely possible) has there been a local search of his neighborhood?

I read his father's statements as perhaps indicating that he thought he was being followed or was in danger.

http://www.wbrc.com/story/37529772/police-searching-for-missing-cdc-employee

The father speaks in the video from this link, and I have transcribed his words and the reporter's below to the best of my understanding.

The reporter states: "... We asked the father over the weekend in the case that Timothy is listening this morning what he would say to him, and this is what he had to say."

"Tim, we love you. There's no reason why you can't come back home. If there is a certain amount of care or attention that you need, come back and we can take care of that."

The reporter then states: "The father then says he and several family members had conversations with Timothy a week ago Sunday, and he said he seemed confused at that point, and there were bits of anger in his voice..."

Now what I take from that is a mental health crisis of some type. I get the feeling there was some big reason for concern since several family members had spoken with Timothy in a short period of time.

Just my opinion, most likely due to my experience working with the mentally ill, which could be influencing my opinion.

You could be right though, and the situation may be entirely different. Timothy could have been expressing fear he was in legitimate danger...

JMO

How could the extended family not have found/seen the dog? I’m confused how they didn’t see him during their check but his parents did.

From the link I provided in my prior post, the reporter in the video states it WAS the extended family member who went into Timothy's house and found the dog that had not been cared for, as well as Timothy's personal belongings left behind...

It seems like there is always so much conflicting information that comes out in these cases. I tend to believe though that this news station has the correct facts about that matter. Makes more sense...

JMO

Can any of our map makers put together a map of the general area where Tim lives? I would like to see if there are forests or wooded areas, water, bridges, etc. in the area, say within 5 miles or less of his home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member