GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by JerseyGirl, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

2. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

3. JerseyGirl

4. Gardener1850

https://patch.com/georgia/atlanta/atlanta-police-seeking-missing-cdc-employee

5. siliconrod

siliconrod Well-Known Member

LE and or family should provide description of uniform that Timothy might be wearing when he went missing.

6. SleuthinginATL

SleuthinginATL New Member

This is my first post ever on web sleuths, though I’ve been following another Atlanta missing persons case (Jenna Van Gelderen) on here for a while. Here is the updated news story on Tim. His family has been inside his house and he isn’t there. His phone, wallet, credit card, and keys were at the house, as was his car. I assume they have called hospitals?
    http://www.cbs46.com/story/37529772/police-searching-for-missing-cdc-employee

7. Wyle_E_Coyote

Wyle_E_Coyote Northern Virginia

8. Gardener1850

I wonder if he had access to any sensitive research areas of the CDC. Could someone looking to release a bio-weapon on the public have tried to get his creds or access codes? The latest article says his phone, wallet, credit cards, keys and vehicle were left behind, but what about his work ID/access badge? Maybe I'm super paranoid, but I hope the feds are taking his disappearance seriously and pulling out all the stops to find him. :panic:

9. greycoupon

greycoupon Active Member

He didn't work on that kind of stuff.

The story is getting a decent amount of local press. He almost certainly drove to work. There is a MARTA bus stop a few blocks from his house, and he could have had cash on him but still, without a wallet or id he couldn't buy a plane ticket or rent a hotel room. If he was really sick he could have called a friend to take him to the hospital...but he certainly would have brought his wallet and keys. Plus I'm sure the hospitals have been checked. Him leaving his wallet, phone and keys at home is really weird. Best guess, some kind of mental health thing? It's hard to see this having a positive outcome.

10. Gardener1850

[​IMG]
    http://www.wltx.com/article/news/na...c-employee-missing-since-monday/101-520841074

11. siliconrod

Bumping for Timothy.

12. 22T

22T New Member

Shaun King posted about this yesterday... Cunningham is a good friend of his from their MH days. I lived near this area in my ATL days... neighborhood is friendly and close to DT. Really hoping they find him soon.

13. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Well-Known Member

another case that seems like it should have a lot more attention. Wow. Hope he is found safe but this is an another odd case IMO.

14. AzPistonsGirl

Forgive me... I know who Shaun King is but what is MH and DT? Thanks.

ETA: I got the MH now. Morehouse College. Sheesh.

15. 22T

22T New Member

DT = downtown.. sorry, i have an acronym for everything:blushing:

16. greycoupon

greycoupon Active Member

Atlanta Police search for missing CDC employee

17. JerseyGirl

18. AzPistonsGirl

why isn't this getting more attention? here, there, everywhere? I know the obvious reason but aside from that, why isn't this bigger? Does the family need help getting the word out? I see they are active, but maybe they need more help?

The fact that he called in sick... maybe that needs to be explored. Could it have been someone else calling in purporting to be him? Did he say how he was sick? (i.e., flu, sore back, upset stomach?) Some of the articles use the language"..he reported to be sick" (emphasis on the word reported, leaving room for this not to be true IMO) I imagine that's so because no one can verify that he sick at this point. ETA; Ugh, the BET article linked by JG at post 18 says he was at work and told his bosses he was sick and went home. But this one http://www.atlantaloop.com/atlanta-police-search-for-missing-cdc-employee/ says that he called in sick at 7am. Hmmm...

And leaving his dog, who he seems very bonded with...

I have to believe that either LE knows a lot more, or perhaps his loved ones are holding something back. Was he struggling at all, honestly? With anything or anyone? He just got promoted to head of the US Health Corps. Is this work related?

It's been 10 days.

19. Texasnurse

Texasnurse New Member

The media keep calling it the US health corps. But he is a part of the Public Health Service- Usphs.gov - His rank is commander (CDR), but that does not mean he is the head of the agency. He did not work on secret disease type of stuff. You can Google PHS uniforms and see the khaki Uniform he was wearing the day he went home from work. Could somebody have come over to his house, knocked him out and then kidnapped him? Did he go for a stroll and get taken? Could he be a victim of a hate crime? Or could he have left on purpose with the intent of disappearing forever - ie taking his own life? I wonder if any neighbors had doorbell cameras that Saw anything. Or perhaps nearby intersection cameras of the vehicle leaving that street – like a unmarked van or something like that?

20. siliconrod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.