GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
[...]

He was named on Atlanta Business Chronicle’s 40 under 40 list in 2017 as well, according to various reports. “Love what you do,” he told the Atlanta Business Chronicle. “Do not quit. Keep going. During the bad, pick yourself up and learn from it."

Cunningham’s friends and family describe him as "opinionated, positive and happy — and they noted his reliability," NBC News reported. "He has this pristine service record and background, and then he’s also the guy you can call to help you move furniture or get together with you at a restaurant at the end of a long day,” David Calloway, a college friend, told NBC News.

[...]

"My first mind is that something has happened especially considering the length of time he's been gone. Not having his phone, leaving his dog Bo alone, he just wouldn't voluntarily check out like that," his brother, Anterio Cunningham, told Fox5.

http://www.newsweek.com/cdc-timothy-cunningham-missing-821392

I feel like everything is pointing to a voluntary disappearance but what I find confusing is that officials have not said that they think Tim is in danger. In cases where someone is suspected of being suicidal, LE very often will say the missing person is "endangered" without giving any further explanation. If family has info about past struggles with depression, surely they would have told LE and LE would issue this as a missing endangered alert. Maybe I missed it. Have they said that yet in this case?

It seems likely that he would have left his house by either walking, by bicycle (hasn't been mentioned if he owned a bike) or someone picked him up. I did read there is a bus stop close to where Tim lives. But at this point, it's still unknown how he left home, or hasn't been confirmed.

If he was still sick (having been out of work ther previous Thursday and Friday) and leaving early Monday, would he have gone for a walk? Did he go to a doctor? What sickness did he have?

We have not been told the nature of his sickness or why he called out sick from work prior to his disappearance.

I feel like everything is pointing to a voluntary disappearance but what I find confusing is that officials have not said that they think Tim is in danger. In cases where someone is suspected of being suicidal, LE very often will say the missing person is "endangered" without giving any further explanation. If family has info about past struggles with depression, surely they would have told LE and LE would issue this as a missing endangered alert. Maybe I missed it. Have they said that yet in this case?

I've not heard that LE has said this. Could it be that the family thinks that Tim would not want his private medical issues on national TV ? Or that LE does not believe he is endangered.

He has military ties as well, and no matter what people think they know about the service; being suicidal or unbalanced is still stigmatized and often kept well hidden and under wrap. Family states he did not sound himself. I'm so worried for all involved. Leaving his dog unattended bothers me the most. A grid search 5 miles out from home must begin. ASAP.

I'm going back and forth on this. A lot about it sounds like he just snapped and decided to say goodbye. On the other, having a close family relationship makes me think he's been abducted.

Atlanta is one of the busiest airports in the world. If he made plans to disappear using cash and alternative forms of identification he could literally be anywhere by now.

One detail I think is relevant: His house was found locked. So he didn't let in some baddie thinking they were benign and get kidnapped, doesn't sound like. On the other hand, this case is reminding me of the McStays (*shudder*) Hopefully someone is going over the walls with a UV light (or whatever the relevant tech to find evidence of foul play.)

No, I haven't seen it, but I didn't see it in Jennifer Huston or Leanne Bearden's cases, either, and they were both suicidal when they disappeared and both died of suicide. I remember in Nick Steward's case, an internal LE bulletin accidentally got leaked shortly after Nick disappeared that stated that Nick might be depressed and was considered endangered, but LE walked it back as soon as they realized the public had seen the bulletin. And Nick died of suicide. :-(

He has military ties as well, and no matter what people think they know about the service; being suicidal or unbalanced is still stigmatized and often kept well hidden and under wrap. Family states he did not sound himself. I'm so worried for all involved. Leaving his dog unattended bothers me the most. A grid search 5 miles out from home must begin. ASAP.

I think his only military tie is his father (Air Force https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/02/25/a-cdc-researcher-left-work-sick-two-weeks-ago-then-vanished/?utm_term=.975345695ed1). The USPHS is not part of the military and IMO doesn’t stigmatize mental health the same way as the rest of the population, since everyone in USPHS is a public health professional.

It seems likely that he would have left his house by either walking, by bicycle (hasn't been mentioned if he owned a bike) or someone picked him up. I did read there is a bus stop close to where Tim lives. But at this point, it's still unknown how he left home, or hasn't been confirmed.

A bicycle is an interesting thought. I have seen no mention of whether or not Tim owned a bike or was known to ride one. If he did leave on a bike, I would think a surveillance camera somewhere would have picked him up along his route (think Mickey Shunick).

But how would he have gotten there? Would a friend let his family worry so?

I don't think a true friend would let his family worry like this, although they would probably not reveal Tim's location if Tim really didn't want them to do so. I'd like to think a real friend would at least get word to Tim's family and LE that Tim was alive and just taking a break or something.

But maybe he trusted the wrong person. Maybe he thought someone was a friend he could trust and it turned out they weren't.

Just a random thought about him telling the neighbor to tell his wife to delete his number from her phone.....maybe she had association with people that would somehow interfere with his security clearance or something with his job. Not necessarily people into anything bad but possibly a conflict of interest type situation. Or maybe she was one of those people who send out a bunch of group texts and he was annoyed with it or received a text at work when he wasn't supposed to be using his phone. I've been in situations before and couldn't really mess with my phone but would be getting multiple texts from a group text. Very bizarre case. I really don't think suicide without a note or anything being that he is so close to his family. He doesn't appear to be the type to make them worry like this on purpose though

Just a random thought about him telling the neighbor to tell his wife to delete his number from her phone.....maybe she had association with people that would somehow interfere with his security clearance or something with his job. Not necessarily people into anything bad but possibly a conflict of interest type situation. Or maybe she was one of those people who send out a bunch of group texts and he was annoyed with it or received a text at work when he wasn't supposed to be using his phone. I've been in situations before and couldn't really mess with my phone but would be getting multiple texts from a group text. Very bizarre case. I really don't think suicide without a note or anything being that he is so close to his family. He doesn't appear to be the type to make them worry like this on purpose though

Once you get security clearance when you start at cdc, you don’t ever have to reapply unless you get a weird secret clearance level (I’m not sure that exists in the chronic Center) or if you leave government for several years and then return.

Your comment about mass texts got me thinking... maybe he had given his neighbor his work cell number. His dad did an interview and said they didn’t find his work cell phone at his house (which is weird because everything else was there) so they called it and it went straight to voicemail. I’ll try to find that and link it. Maybe he lost that cell phone and just needed her to delete that number because it was no longer in his possession? Kind of far fetched I guess, but the police don’t seem too concerned about this neighbor/phone thing so maybe it fits. (Maybe they even found that phone by now, idk)

Two questions although I don't know how much the answers matter:
1) All reports say he left his dog behind. Did anyone read if the dog was found dead, alive, with a lot of food in the house for the dog left out, etc.?
2) The reports indicate that the male neighbor was asked by Mr Cunningham to have Mr Cunningham's number removed from the neighbor's wife phone. Was Mr Cunningham having an affair with this female neighbor? Was she found to be calling Mr Cunningham constantly?

Two questions although I don't know how much the answers matter:
1) All reports say he left his dog behind. Did anyone read if the dog was found dead, alive, with a lot of food in the house for the dog left out, etc.?
2) The reports indicate that the male neighbor was asked by Mr Cunningham to have Mr Cunningham's number removed from the neighbor's wife phone. Was Mr Cunningham having an affair with this female neighbor? Was she found to be calling Mr Cunningham constantly?

These things have already been talked about at length here. Grab a snack and start at the beginning! Lots of info. And welcome! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member