Found Deceased CA - Sandy Giles, 44, Earp, 13 May 2017

"On Facebook, Giles’ daughter Kendall Pendley said she heard from the Coroner’s office the body was discovered by biologists studying turtles.

“The detectives and officers investigated the scene and collected the remains,” Pendley said in her post. “They are almost positive it is my Mom. They said the body was decomposed into only a skeleton but the signs that it is Momma include bleach blonde hair that was still there, dentures, her cigarette case, and keys.”

Pendley said the remains were being sent to San Bernardino to be positively identified through DNA and dental records. She said she was told there is no way to know the cause of death."

http://www.parkerpioneer.net/news/article_5afc681a-ccc5-11e7-ad0b-cb9f31241006.html

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Just when I thought this story couldn’t get any more heart wrenching :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just when I thought this story couldn’t get any more heart wrenching :(

So there will be no answers as to why she passed away. No telling now if it was heart trouble, heat related, dehydration or hit by a passing vehicle. That's terrible. When people lose a loved one, they at least want to know why, how. My heart goes out to her family. I pray they find peace with the answers they have.

So there will be no answers as to why she passed away. No telling now if it was heart trouble, heat related, dehydration or hit by a passing vehicle.

I would have thought there would be obvious impact damage if she'd been hit by a vehicle, though if she died of natural causes of any sort then that will probably not be determinable.

I would have thought there would be obvious impact damage if she'd been hit by a vehicle, though if she died of natural causes of any sort then that will probably not be determinable.
I agree. Also, her cigarettes and car keys were found near the body. Had she
been hit, those items would have flown
far from the body.

I'm thinking her heart may have just given out. The reason I say this is because 1). She was a known asthmatic
but had left her inhaler in the car, 2). Some say she suffered from COPD 3). The officer who had seen her on the freeway some miles north of where her car was abandoned, had asked her if maybe she should go to the hospital.
4). No one seems to know when she last slept or when she had last eaten or if she had had anything to drink.
5). She was heavy. (Or heavier than she should have been with her breathing problems). 6). She smoked! 7).Who
knows if she was out in the heat and for how long.

The above is in no way meant to be critical of Sandy. It is just a realistic view of of her physical and mental state. None of which was good.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I don't know why I can't let Sandy go. This was a tragic case. Usually when cases are closed, I delete them from my bookmarks. Each time I think I can do that, I don't. It's like I expect more to be revealed for Sandy. Something about this doesn't feel complete to me. I don't know what it is.

I don't know why I can't let Sandy go. This was a tragic case. Usually when cases are closed, I delete them from my bookmarks. Each time I think I can do that, I don't. It's like I expect more to be revealed for Sandy. Something about this doesn't feel complete to me. I don't know what it is.
Well then, do not delete just yet. Didn't the family say her remains were being shipped to a special place to be examined? They could determine the cause of death. It is a very sad case. But maybe that would give some finality to it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Seajay, I usually do the same thing. I can’t leave it either. My son passed away in August of last year. The medical examiner couldn’t find a cause. They gave me more questions than answers. I guess what I’m saying is that I know how her family feels. I think not having answers causes more pain because you wonder if there was anything that could have prevented it. I still wonder how the person scraping the sand didn’t see her.

Seajay, I usually do the same thing. I can’t leave it either. My son passed away in August of last year. The medical examiner couldn’t find a cause. They gave me more questions than answers. I guess what I’m saying is that I know how her family feels. I think not having answers causes more pain because you wonder if there was anything that could have prevented it. I still wonder how the person scraping the sand didn’t see her.

Totes, I'm so sorry to hear about your son and I understand perfectly your position on needing answers and not getting them. It's like if you just knew "how", maybe you could understand the "why" better.

I think with Sandy's case, I've been traveling the I-10 for 25 years back and forth to visit my kids with my husband. My husband passed away in April and I had plans to go visit my kids by myself. A lone woman traveling alone, just like Sandy. She didn't make it to her destination. I want to know how and I want to know why.

Her family deserves answers. Telling them, "we found her car, we found her body under a mountain of sand," does not tell them what happened to their mother, sister, aunt. Lessons can be learned from this if information is provided.

I'm hoping whoever else is looking at her body can come up with something more definitive.

Does anyone else find it interesting that the SIL was selling a near identical car on her fb the day after Sandy's remains were found? Yes it has had a paint job and the spoiler has been removed, also the back quarter panel has bondo where the circle gas cover was exchanged for a square one. But it is the same vehicle.

Does anyone else find it interesting that the SIL was selling a near identical car on her fb the day after Sandy's remains were found? Yes it has had a paint job and the spoiler has been removed, also the back quarter panel has bondo where the circle gas cover was exchanged for a square one. But it is the same vehicle.

Without reading back through the thread, I believe the family reclaimed Sandy's car from the yard where it had been towed. If that was the case, the finding of her body, even if not formally identified at that time, would confirm to them that she wasn't going to need the car thereafter. Why her SIL rather than her own family claimed and sold it does seem unclear. Unless it was purely because of geographic reasons and the proceeds were to be sent to her own family.

Sorry, I missed that, and I really looked. I thought they left it at the tow yard unclaimed and the tow yard sold it, which is why no one knew if it had gas, evidence or what-have-you, my apologies.
I just found it extremely odd that the day the remains are identified as when the car went up for sale. Like red flags.

Sorry, I missed that, and I really looked. I thought they left it at the tow yard unclaimed and the tow yard sold it, which is why no one knew if it had gas, evidence or what-have-you, my apologies.
I just found it extremely odd that the day the remains are identified as when the car went up for sale. Like red flags.

It would have been more of a red flag if they had sold it before her body was found and identified, surely?

I hate to be so gruesome, but when I read how she was found I immediately thought she was possibly sleeping or resting, and was covered by accident while alive. I hope not!

:rose: RIP beautiful Sandy.

in the photo of the car and desert, what is the long tubular thing in the background?

I called the tow yard and an employee there told me they put a lien on it then sold it at auction.
I also saw where someone on facebook said they took it back to ohio.
It's hard to discern the truth when everyone's in CYA mode or no one is

So there will be no answers as to why she passed away. No telling now if it was heart trouble, heat related, dehydration or hit by a passing vehicle. (✂️SNIP-SNIP✂️)

I’m not an expert; however, I’ve heard that usually when someone is struck by a vehicle, experts can tell due to it causing particular impact fractures. Not saying always, but I think that they could rule it out, even with just bones (because of fracturing)..*shrugs*
Just a thought...

Personally, I lean in the theory direction of her likely having an asthma attack or heat stroke, with her prior description by LE, and how close she was found to her vehicle, along with flip flops being lost/taken off, and her personal items being w/her...just seems too orderly for ‘fear/trauma’, and more like a bad health episode w/no one around to give her aid..*shrugs*...just my own thoughts & opinions..

***Note:The above is only my own opinions, thoughts, theories, views, and possible BIG Fish Tales; unless otherwise indicated by a website URL and/or reference to a direct origin source..Thanks!
The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

Yes. There are injuries produced by the impact between body and vehicle, (primary impact injuries), and there are injuries produced by impact between body and the road surface after being hit by the vehicle (secondary impact injuries). The primary impact injuries will vary in their extent and severity in different cases depending on whether the victim was standing up or lying on the roadway, the speed of the vehicle and which part of the vehicle strikes the victim.

The front bumper of the vehicle usually makes its first impact just below the knee level. Then the victim's body strikes the radiator grill, hood, or fender and then the windshield comer post. Rarely does the body strike the top of the body of the vehicle (unless it’s a bad action movie). The body is usually propelled to one side or the other after being hit by the more vertical front surfaces of the vehicle producing injuries in a progressive manner upwards from the site of impact at or below the knees. (i.e. the radiator grill or fender will produce injuries or fractures of the thigh and hip, the hood may produce fractures of the chest or head, and the comer posts will produce severe fractures of the skull.)

With an auto-pedestrian collision, you will often see a spiral fracture of the lower leg bones originating at a point below the place struck by the bumper. This fracture only occurs when the victim's weight is on that leg at the time of impact. If he or she is standing still at the time, then both legs will show such fractures; if he or she is walking, the fracture will occur in the leg bearing the greatest weight at impact. How this fracture occurs is very telling as to whether the victim was standing or walking at the time of impact.

Yes. There are injuries produced by the impact between body and vehicle, (primary impact injuries), and there are injuries produced by impact between body and the road surface after being hit by the vehicle (secondary impact injuries). The primary impact injuries will vary in their extent and severity in different cases depending on whether the victim was standing up or lying on the roadway, the speed of the vehicle and which part of the vehicle strikes the victim.

The front bumper of the vehicle usually makes its first impact just below the knee level. Then the victim's body strikes the radiator grill, hood, or fender and then the windshield comer post. Rarely does the body strike the top of the body of the vehicle (unless it’s a bad action movie). The body is usually propelled to one side or the other after being hit by the more vertical front surfaces of the vehicle producing injuries in a progressive manner upwards from the site of impact at or below the knees. (i.e. the radiator grill or fender will produce injuries or fractures of the thigh and hip, the hood may produce fractures of the chest or head, and the comer posts will produce severe fractures of the skull.)

With an auto-pedestrian collision, you will often see a spiral fracture of the lower leg bones originating at a point below the place struck by the bumper. This fracture only occurs when the victim's weight is on that leg at the time of impact. If he or she is standing still at the time, then both legs will show such fractures; if he or she is walking, the fracture will occur in the leg bearing the greatest weight at impact. How this fracture occurs is very telling as to whether the victim was standing or walking at the time of impact.
Wow. Thank you for that detailed infomation.I guess the body had degraded quite a bit and the body had to be sent to a specific place where it could be examined. Even though the body (or lack thereof) was unrecognizable, would they be able to tell that is how she died?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back