CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it!

Is it just me or does it look like the white dog has or has had a bloody paw or something? Maybe it is just the lighting but it looks like the back right paw has a red tint to it.

The eldest 29 year old was the first to reach out for help in Texas. The 17 year old is the one who escaped through the fly wire & may or may not be the identity on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know this for a fact? I agree that it is most likely that it was J-1 who was picked up by a neighbor trying to get away from the family and brought back. But has it been confirmed? Age-wise it could also have been J-3.

Do we know this for a fact? I agree that it is most likely that it was J-1 who was picked up by a neighbor trying to get away from the family and brought back. But has it been confirmed? Age-wise it could also have been J-3.

To my knowledge it was never explicitly stated which sibling tried to get away in TX.

So... is this really one of the Turpin girls? Has that actually been confirmed?

attachment.php
So... is this really one of the Turpin girls? Has that actually been confirmed?

I don´t think it has been officially confirmed, but there are things that point to it.
1. It looks like Jordan.
2. They had dogs like this.
3. The room looks like the picture I post of their house from before they moved in (model home.)

I think it is her.

Attachments

• Untitled8.png
    Untitled8.png
    377.6 KB · Views: 735
Where did she use the Elexa alias?
It was another instagram account with a profile picture that was clearly of her. Photo taken in the same room with the same lighting as her youtube videos. It turned up when I did a dig around for the Lacey Swan alias on various platforms.

It was another instagram account with a profile picture that was clearly of her. Photo taken in the same room with the same lighting as her youtube videos. It turned up when I did a dig around for the Lacey Swan alias on various platforms.

Here's the link. Nothing there, though.

OT, I know, but I just wanted to throw in some good news (if it hasn't already been posted): https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/05/us/yoyo-ma-plays-for-turpin-children/index.html

Yo-Yo Ma visited the seven adult Turpin children in a California hospital on Friday for an impromptu performance, Corona Regional Medical Center CEO Mark Uffer said.The adult siblings are turning to music therapy to help them heal. Ma was in Corona for another event and "heard about their interest in music," Uffer said.

The performance lasted 30 minutes, long enough to make an impression on them, he said.

"They were just amazed, awestruck by the level of talent. They really enjoyed it."

Wow, this case just has so many twists, and there's no telling how many more will come. Glad to hear the kids are doing ok.

I think the 'Lacey Swan' name probably came from the ABC/Disney show Once Upon a Time. Lacey is the alter-ego of the Belle character, who the Evil Queen cursed with false memories to make her become a wild, loose party girl. Emma Swan is the sheriff in the show, the hero of the town of Storybrooke.

Wow, this case just has so many twists, and there's no telling how many more will come. Glad to hear the kids are doing ok.

I think the 'Lacey Swan' name probably came from the ABC/Disney show Once Upon a Time. Lacey is the alter-ego of the Belle character, who the Evil Queen cursed with false memories to make her become a wild, loose party girl. Emma Swan is the sheriff in the show, the hero of the town of Storybrooke.

It's possible. But that presumes that she had a good knowledge of the show. The Lacey alter-ego only appeared in a few episodes toward the end of the second season. Perhaps she was allowed to watch, since it is a Disney creation / derivation?

It's possible. But that presumes that she had a good knowledge of the show. The Lacey alter-ego only appeared in a few episodes toward the end of the second season. Perhaps she was allowed to watch, since it is a Disney creation / derivation?

If she was able to post on multiple social media platforms, maybe she was able to use her access to a Phone/iPad/Laptop to watch shows on Youtube or other websites.

I'm thinking this show must have been allowed. My mom just reminded me that there is also an Alexa in the show - Alexa Reed is the show version of Rose Red. It's possible JS just spelled it wrong, as Elexa, for her other online screenname. Not sure about the 'morning' part though....

ETA: Sorry this was meant as a reply to post #551, quote function failed

Also ETA: sorry, I'm not sure this is right actually. I think my mother may be confused with something else, as I can't find a Rose Red character in OUAT. :gaah: The Lacey Swan thing is a go though, I remember that from when I used to watch it, lol.

Exactly. Reading through the comments on the reuploaded YT video were incredibly disheartening. People talking about how the house wasn't that bad and their house looks like that on a bad day as well as wondering why those kids didn't reach out if they had the internet.

My mom and dad were abused as children and they really didn't know until they were older. When you grow up a certain way, you think that's the norm. They're not going to reach out over social media if 1. They're pretty shut off from others so they feel nobody would believe them or 2. They don't know that it's bad enough to be rescued from.

The 17 year-old survivor had already attempted getting help in Texas and was returned. I'm hoping social media was an escape from her daily torture and she was able to find solace in it. It's not evidence that her and her siblings were not abused :facepalm:

I completely agree!

Are we allowed to post the photos? I did some screen shots of Lacey Swan. I don’t want to get a time out :-/

Throughout this case I have been thinking about the amount of energy it would take to suppress the innate personalities of your 13 children. Had they been chained and starved every minute of the day they would have died decades ago, so their treatment must have been somewhat inconsistent. Clearly from these videos there was a little bit of freedom at times and I'm sure some of the kids were savvy enough to get away with something like this. They must have been SO bored with nothing to do. No wonder they acted like normal teenagers to the best of their ability under the circumstances.

Are we allowed to post the photos? I did some screen shots of Lacey Swan. I don’t want to get a time out :-/

Alert a mod.
All the photos of the minor children have been blurred, so the same probably applies here.

IMO

I know I'm a bit late entering the discussion, but that never stops me. The impressions I got from what I have seen are that the parents didn't know that she had internet access or the phone. I know they had some experience with internet usage in the past because one of the relatives mentioned that they had talked to the kids on Skype until fairly recently. If the accounts were opened in December (I think I read that here), she may not have realized she could use the Internet with the phone before then. It seems like she kept the phone a secret from the parents because she always seemed to be rather quiet and behind a closed door when she was using it.

I think she may have taken one of DT or LT's old phones to use for pictures and videos, and just started posting them online when she somehow realized that she could get access through wifi with a deactivated phone. The most positive thing I got from what I managed to see is that her songs probably helped her maintain the strength to carry out her plan. It seems like she was working out a lot of her sorrow, frustrations, anger, etc. by writing and singing songs about them. That seems like one of the healthiest things she could do living in the circumstances she was. MOO

Seriously. It's very disturbing to think of what was going on and then apply that to her song titles and lyrics. These kids were like prisoners of war.

If the defense leaked it would that mean they got the information from the parents? Or would the prosecution have disclosed that information to the defense?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Usually discovery (releasing evidence to the defense) occurs at the preliminary hearing. They have something specific in Riverside County, however, where they will discuss settlement and get discovery, apparently. It's called something else. And it is scheduled in this case.

I don't think the prosecution released any evidence to the defense yet.

OT, I know, but I just wanted to throw in some good news (if it hasn't already been posted): https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/05/us/yoyo-ma-plays-for-turpin-children/index.html

So awesome!! And there's a link to another article, within the one you linked, about them getting guitars. It's so wonderful. Makes me super happy!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/us/turpin-children-music-therapy/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member