CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link!
He didn't take that many classes at once but he was graded A in all of them. The difficulty of those classes can't really be lower than "regular" Colleges, right? I'm not in the US so I don't know if there's any difference between a "regular" College and a Community College but it doesn't make sense to me that the classes in the Community College would be easier, right? The grades do surprise me taken his home environment but I guess there are more cases of kids living in a terrible home environment and still managed to be outstanding students.

US colleges and universities vary tremendously in difficulty of curriculum, and likewise vary in admission criteria.

Schools like University of California - Berkeley, Stanford, Massachusetts Institute of Technology only takes the best and the brightest. To get accepted you have pretty much have perfect high school grades and very high test scores. Stanford only has a 5% acceptance rate. The difficulty of the curriculum reflects that.

Then there are good quality state schools, like Michigan State, University of Maryland. You need to have good grades and test scores to get in, but the standards are below that of the top schools. University of Maryland has a 48% acceptance rate, Michigan State accepts 66% of applicants. Curriculum not as difficult as the top schools.

And so on...

Some colleges have what's called "open enrollment" which means they take pretty much everyone. Many (most? all? every one I've been around) community colleges fall into this category. Curriculum is less difficult. My son attends a community college, he says the classes are easier than his high school classes (caveat, he went to a top public high school and went through the IB program, so more difficult high school classes than most). Back in the dark ages when I went to a community college, I thought they were about the same level as my high school classes.

These are, of course, broad generalizations, and a lower ranked school may have a particular department that is the top for that discipline.

One thing to keep in mind where I've heard the US is different than other countries, is that we don't have a national standard curriculum even for our K-12 schools. Curriculum standards are left to the state and local governments. So there can be pretty wide differences in the quality and difficulty of k-12 schools from state to state, and even between different school districts in the same state.

So, yeah, his community college courses likely would not have been as challenging as a typical four year university.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Whatever DT said to LT, it appears he was interrupted and reprimanded for speaking to her. It sounded like someone said "Sir!" and then something about "you can't talk to her". I think they are being prevented from speaking to each other prior to trial (but I could be wrong).

Sure looks like it because afterwards it looks like DT says sorry and looks straight ahead

Yes I gathered from the video and from a few media releases that DT spoke to LT and then was told not to speak to LT. I think by the Baliff.
https://www.pe.com/2018/03/23/turpins-due-in-court-friday-for-perris-torture-case-status-hearing/

Maybe he says “Are you alright?” It looks like he starts saying a D word but I can’t tell and I thought I was good at lip reading!

Wow, the way that LT preens her hair in a coquette-ish way and smiles at DT is disturbing. Almost as if she still thinks like a teenager with a crush. In her own bubble of reality.

Maybe DT was asking her if she got the last round of 'notes' he may have sent her? "Did you get-?"

Looks to me like he said "Did you do it?" Makes me wonder if someone got word to her that there was something he wanted her to do and he was trying to find out if she had done 'it'.

Please make your way over to the new thread.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...kled-in-home-by-parents-Perris-15-Jan-2018-12

cache.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member