CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link!
He didn't take that many classes at once but he was graded A in all of them. The difficulty of those classes can't really be lower than "regular" Colleges, right? I'm not in the US so I don't know if there's any difference between a "regular" College and a Community College but it doesn't make sense to me that the classes in the Community College would be easier, right? The grades do surprise me taken his home environment but I guess there are more cases of kids living in a terrible home environment and still managed to be outstanding students.

Community college classes are not supposed to be less “demanding” than four-year college classes. And classes at accredited four-year colleges and universities are supposed to satisfy similar standards.

However, the reality is that you can only teach at the level that your students have reached and that as a group the students at community colleges are less well-prepared when they enter. Therefore, the academic standards may be lower and/or the curricula for classes that look the same “on paper” may be watered down at the community college level. Similarly, a state school that has to admit pretty much any student that applies may have to lower demands made of students in certain courses because too many of the students would fail otherwise. I am not just talking about grade inflation which is an issue even at top schools. I am talking about the course content being less demanding because students are underprepared.

In other words, while getting A’s in community college is something J-2 should be proud of (especially with his horrible home conditions), getting an A at community college courses like the ones on his transcript does not mean that he got a solid home school education.

(Though this is JMHO, it is based on considerable familiarity with college education. I teach at a large state university, have sat on state committees on community college education, have former students and friends teaching at community colleges across the country, etc.)

Community college classes are not supposed to be less “demanding” than four-year college classes. And classes at accredited four-year colleges and universities are supposed to satisfy similar standards.

However, the reality is that you can only teach at the level that your students have reached and that as a group the students at community colleges are less well-prepared when they enter. Therefore, the academic standards may be lower and/or the curricula for classes that look the same “on paper” may be watered down at the community college level. Similarly, a state school that has to admit pretty much any student that applies may have to lower demands made of students in certain courses because too many of the students would fail otherwise. I am not just talking about grade inflation which is an issue even at top schools. I am talking about the course content being less demanding because students are underprepared.

In other words, while getting A’s in community college is something J-2 should be proud of (especially with his horrible home conditions), getting an A at community college courses like the ones on his transcript does not mean that he got a solid home school education.

(Though this is JMHO, it is based on considerable familiarity with college education. I teach at a large state university, have sat on state committees on community college education, have former students and friends teaching at community colleges across the country, etc.)

Thank you!

Lots of people will color, cut or style their hair, wear a clothing style, makeup or no makeup, shave the stash or grow a beard to please their spouse. Both husbands and wives may decide to do what keeps their mate attentive or a whim. Others are stuck in a rut style-wise. Some because their spouse likes it. We don't know.

There's a picture of a young LT that reminds me of a youthful Natalie Wood - both strikingly beautiful.

DT's haircut and style was "ordinary" at their marriage. He was 23 or 24, so his current Peter Pan/Prince Charming style came later. It was reported that her family referred to him as Prince Charming.

Ordinary as in shorter and with a side part.

It looks like, that for several years, he was away from the bowl cut. Reversion occurred at some point.

1979 High School:
http://www.ptonline.net/cnhi_network/david-turpin/image_718c7a7a-bf56-557c-bcdb-ab27a7c026dd.html

1984:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5289527/David-Louise-Turpin-eloped-16.html

Year?
https://www.cheatsheet.com/health-f...ple-accused-of-torturing-kids.html/?a=viewall

attachment.php
David had this bowl cut when he was young - but true, he had more "normal" hair for some years.
Then back to whack-hair.

BTW, notice he is in front, he is a "leader" - not a "follower".
I believe he manipulated and groomed Louise from a very early age.

Attachments

• imagesI6X60GQN.jpg
    imagesI6X60GQN.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 337
attachment.php
David had this bowl cut when he was young - but true, he had more "normal" hair for some years.
Then back to whack-hair.

He appears to be the only male member of the club.

Then back to whack-hair.

He was the president of the Bible Club, wasn’t he? Usually the president and officers are placed in front or center of club or committee pictures.

To be sure, being president of anything will show that a person has some inclnation toward “leadership.” But the picture just shows something we already know.

And while I grant the possibility that he “groomed and manipulated” Louisa, I don’t think that being president of a high school club is proof that a person might be the “leader” in other areas (especially something as complex as marriage).

Regarding the hair cut, I think sometimes we experiment with different hair styles and keep coming back to variants of a style that we were comfortable with at some “formative” period. Most of us get styles that are not totally out of style, however. ;)

As odd as it seems for DT to have kept his hairstyle for all these years, I had an uncle who wore the same style (flat top) from the time he was in his teens until he died at 81 years old. I know some people just don't like change, but I still think DT's hairstyle was about as unflattering as it could get. MOO

He appears to be the only male member of the club.

There are at least two other boys in that picture.

As for DT being in front? He's pretty tall. Photographers usually know how to frame a group so that nobody looks too far out. It's possible that the tallest kids would be in front standing on the floor and the shorter kids are up on the bleachers behind them. This is so all kidlets could be included in the photo.

Sad to say that the bowl cut wasn't so unusual back in the mid and late 70s. We had a few guys that looked like that in high school!

There are at least two other boys in that picture.

As for DT being in front? He's pretty tall. Photographers usually know how to frame a group so that nobody looks too far out. It's possible that the tallest kids would be in front standing on the floor and the shorter kids are up on the bleachers behind them. This is so all kidlets could be included in the photo.

Sad to say that the bowl cut wasn't so unusual back in the mid and late 70s. We had a few guys that looked like that in high school!

I had classmates that looked like that also (early 70s actually) and remember it in teens during the late 70’s early eighties, though it was definitely not in style any more.

I thought I saw at least one guy for sure (right hand far back corner) and a possible at the end of the second row. But it is not surprising most of the Bible club would be girls.

Probably he enjoyed the status/attention.

I had classmates that looked like that also (early 70s actually) and remember it in teens during the late 70’s early eighties, though it was definitely not in style any more.

I thought I saw at least one guy for sure (right hand far back corner) and a possible at the end of the second row. But it is not surprising most of the Bible club would be girls.

Probably he enjoyed the status/attention.

I loved the loooong haired guys of the 70s. Yes, that bowl cut/John Denver style definitely out in the 80s! I love the music in the 80s, and the styles were more free and fun for guys to experiment with fashion along with hair gel and spray. :) [eek! Flock of Seagulls]
DTbibleclub.jpg

I loved the loooong haired guys of the 70s. Yes, that bowl cut/John Denver style definitely out in the 80s! I love the music in the 80s, and the styles were more free and fun for guys to experiment with fashion along with hair gel and spray. :) [eek! Flock of Seagulls]
attachment.php

We agree about the second row kid being a guy. I hadn’t thought abot the one in the 3rd row, but you are right. My strongest candidate was far back corner. The picture blurs, but looks like boy’s curly hair and squarish (not girlish) face to me. So that’s 3 or 4 boys in the club.

I just dug out a picture of a 15 year old family friend in 1981 wearing that hair cut. But by 1983 he wouldn’t have been caught dead in that cut. ;)

Back to DT, though his hair is absurd, he is not alone in clinging to an old familiar style. Nor is it a sign of moral decay or perversion.

A lot of people who are not monsters tend to be clueless about their hair, especially after middle-age. Unfortunately, DT is both clueless about his hair and a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod