GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is totally OT but just something I try to always keep in the back of my mind... AND I AM IN NO WAY IMPLYING OR EVEN SUGGESTING THIS IS THE CIRCUMSTANCE FOR TIM... when someone has no spouse or partner or significant other, I try to remember that a very small percentage of the population identifies as asexual, and some people (straight, L,G,B,T,Q,Q,P, and A) choose to stay single and not have a life partner.

Back to Tim... I am still open to something nefarious having happened to Tim at the hands of someone else... someone he didn't know maybe, or someone he did know, personally or professionally...

I am glad this is getting coverage and new insights and suggestions all the time.

ETA: and I honestly think that LE knows much more than has been reported.

OK, this will be my last post for a bit (I feel like I'm monopolizing the thread :blushing:)

It's almost been a month at this point. As far as we know, there has been no contact from Timothy, nor has anything been found to indicate foul play.

(In case you haven't noticed, I'm leaning towards him checking himself in....... )

There was no suicide note, there was no sign of a struggle at the home. Everything was left secure (door locked, car in garage, wallet, cards, phone, etc) except for the 2 open windows (upstairs, still somewhat secure on second floor)

Perhaps a friend picked him up and helped him check into a psychiatric hospital. Perhaps this friend honored his privacy. Perhaps no one knows about this friend. Perhaps this friend also works for the government and respects Tim's (and everyone's) right to privacy/confidentiality. Perhaps Tim didn't think that his disappearance would become national news and now he is embarrassed (which there is absolutely no reason for him to feel embarrassed). ****If Tim and/or his family and friends happen to read this post (and mental illness/talking a break was the reasoning behind the disappearance) please know that there is absolutely no reason to feel embarrassed and that many, many people love you and care about your well being (even strangers)****

If other members are interested, I've attached a pdf slide presentation from the Georgia Dept of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities that discusses Georgia laws regarding HIPAA and Confidentiality. Please see slide 32 and 33 (scenario: when a family member inquires about a patient)

https://dbhdd.georgia.gov/sites/dbh...odard HIPAA training BH Symposium 10-2017.pdf

You're not "monopolizing the thread." We appreciate what you're contributing. It's good to get all the thoughts/insights/brainstorming/questions we can out there. That's what WS is for~to use our own experiences, ideas and quest for the truth to help, in any way we can to add to the knowledge base with these difficult, concerning cases. It really helps to bat things around. We don't need to be "right" about everything, nor will we be. But we *are* right in trying to help.

Anything is possible, and it's good to discuss various possibilities. You made me think about another possibility. So, by all means, please speak up anytime.:smile:

OK, this will be my last post for a bit (I feel like I'm monopolizing the thread :blushing:)

It's almost been a month at this point. As far as we know, there has been no contact from Timothy, nor has anything been found to indicate foul play.

(In case you haven't noticed, I'm leaning towards him checking himself in....... )

There was no suicide note, there was no sign of a struggle at the home. Everything was left secure (door locked, car in garage, wallet, cards, phone, etc) except for the 2 open windows (upstairs, still somewhat secure on second floor)

Perhaps a friend picked him up and helped him check into a psychiatric hospital. Perhaps this friend honored his privacy. Perhaps no one knows about this friend. Perhaps this friend also works for the government and respects Tim's (and everyone's) right to privacy/confidentiality. Perhaps Tim didn't think that his disappearance would become national news and now he is embarrassed (which there is absolutely no reason for him to feel embarrassed). ****If Tim and/or his family and friends happen to read this post (and mental illness/talking a break was the reasoning behind the disappearance) please know that there is absolutely no reason to feel embarrassed and that many, many people love you and care about your well being (even strangers)****

If other members are interested, I've attached a pdf slide presentation from the Georgia Dept of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities that discusses Georgia laws regarding HIPAA and Confidentiality. Please see slide 32 and 33 (scenario: when a family member inquires about a patient)

https://dbhdd.georgia.gov/sites/dbh...odard HIPAA training BH Symposium 10-2017.pdf
We rely on positive posters like you to give us hope in a dark situation. I haven't been reading the thread lately but the HIPAA thing is intriguing. The idea I had was rehab. Having been there myself they don't let you use your phone, call your friends, family, read newspapers, watch TV, its total lockdown. Its a bit of a stretch to think he would leave his dog and his wallet but trying to think positively.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Just speaking as a former employee of a large NOLA hospital. Voluntary acute or sub-acute units/hospitalization would require his drivers' license & proof of insurance. HIPAA laws would prevent the hospital from releasing information to next-of-kin unless indicated by patient. JMO educated opinion but it's been awhile & hospitals may have changed admission policies.

Would he need ID and proof of insurance ? Was his D/L found in the house ?

Hopeful that Timothy needed a Bigtime break from life / job stressors and comes back as he is ready.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

If Tim has been in a facility for a month, I think the hospital would have verified insurance and possibly billed his insurance company for a portion of his bill. Maybe a family member could "hack" his online insurance company and see if there have been any claims. When I say hack, I mean his claim information, not the company...LOL

It usually takes a SS#, ID# DAB and name to set up an account. Info his family might have access to......

Upon checking into sub--acute or acute floors all pertinent info, e.g., all identification and insurance card (s) would have been vetted and placed in the admission's supervisor's private vault. They wouldn't be in TC's home.
Although things might have changed since my last job.

If Tim has been in a facility for a month, I think the hospital would have verified insurance and possibly billed his insurance company for a portion of his bill. Maybe a family member could "hack" his online insurance company and see if there have been any claims. When I say hack, I mean his claim information, not the company...LOL

It usually takes a SS#, ID# DAB and name to set up an account. Info his family might have access to......
I am guessing they checked his health insurance the same time they ran his credit/debit cards.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

this is totally OT but just something I try to always keep in the back of my mind... AND I AM IN NO WAY IMPLYING OR EVEN SUGGESTING THIS IS THE CIRCUMSTANCE FOR TIM... when someone has no spouse or partner or significant other, I try to remember that a very small percentage of the population identifies as asexual, and some people (straight, L,G,B,T,Q,Q,P, and A) choose to stay single and not have a life partner.

Back to Tim... I am still open to something nefarious having happened to Tim at the hands of someone else... someone he didn't know maybe, or someone he did know, personally or professionally...

I am glad this is getting coverage and new insights and suggestions all the time.

ETA: and I honestly think that LE knows much more than has been reported.

Any mention on if the doors to his house were found locked/unlocked? And could the windows being left open been done by someone else? If so, what reasons can we come up with (nefarious) for that?:thinking:

Upon checking into sub--acute or acute floors all pertinent info, e.g., all identification and insurance card (s) would have been vetted and placed in the admission's supervisor's private vault. They wouldn't be in TC's home.
Although things might have changed since my last job.

You guys raise great points! I hadn't thought of having to have an ID/proof of insurance. So you can't just check yourself in and say "I am so-in-so. I am in need of assistance. I left everything behind and I don't have an ID or anything with me. I don't want anyone to know I'm here" ? I guess I'm naive in thinking that if you were placed in that position (possibly suicidal, desperate and in need of assistance) that the hospital would take care of verifying patient without an ID.

He has yet been entered into NAMUS. I wonder if his family knows that is a step that may need to be done, and that anyone can enter a person into the database.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/c...rder=cases.DateLKA&page=1&view_type=thumbnail

This is quite perplexing. According to NAMUS, it looks like law enforcement encourages the family to do this (although anyone can submit) so I would assume that the family was informed.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/homes/faq

You guys raise great points! I hadn't thought of having to have an ID/proof of insurance. So you can't just check yourself in and say "I am so-in-so. I am in need of assistance. I left everything behind and I don't have an ID or anything with me. I don't want anyone to know I'm here" ? I guess I'm naive in thinking that if you were placed in that position (possibly suicidal, desperate and in need of assistance) that the hospital would take care of verifying patient without an ID.
I would say if he was found wondering and out of it they wouldn't be able to identify him right away but then again his face has been all over the news, so someone would've alerted LE by now.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Another question. (the following is just hypothetical, no proof he had a mental illness, just brainstorming)

What if he was already in therapy (and under a doctor's care) could his psychiatrist have made the arrangements for him? Perhaps his identification/insurance was already in the system.

Another question. (the following is just hypothetical, no proof he had a mental illness, just brainstorming)

What if he was already in therapy (and under a doctor's care) could his psychiatrist have made the arrangements for him? Perhaps his identification/insurance was already in the system.

I could be wrong, but I think he would've had to show ID when presenting to a new facility even if he'd been referred and all his info already on file.

That could very well be true. Also the hospital where i work has started talking photos of all patients. We have several clinics all over the city. So if you've seen any Dr in our system, your account will show your pic, insurance, meds, and all Dr notes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is quite perplexing. According to NAMUS, it looks like law enforcement encourages the family to do this (although anyone can submit) so I would assume that the family was informed.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/homes/faq

I do think families can be unaware of this for quite some time... it was that way on another case I was on, and they were doing so much to find their loved one - they just were just unaware of this option (LE was involved from the get-go, so guess it just slipped through the cracks). The family hopped on it when they were aware, so it was great of Dixie to bring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes