VT - Austin Colson, 19, Royalton, 11 Jan 2018

Most of the roads are centered together (pic 2).
fd38974a3f4e5d9d54eba39d7b9e5d0c.jpg
b22a948d6c2e047b726e9f9d1d7c4227.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

A lot of confidence that VSP have the right person.

If only they could find Austin. I'm in that area several times a year. You want to talk about woods and a remote area? Look no further than these towns. There's one little city, if you can call it that, but when you drive out of it, we're talking miles and miles of woods that he could be placed in. There's also the Connecticut River which is rapid flowing. I don't think he's going to be found anytime soon. There is just way too many places he could be, it would be like looking for one needle in a dozen of haystacks.

I feel for his family. While I believe the right one is in jail, he's a pro. He was a suspect in the past for another murder, and yes, someone else was put in jail for it, but the locals don't believe he wasn't involved in it as well. I trust the locals.

Goodness Sakes!..Ok, I admit, I haven’t been following this case, so I’m new to it as of...Meh, an hour or so ago, which is when I clicked on this case, then followed the link recently posted on this thread for the VSP...and OT but ON...after reading all of the mess on the VSP site about this case, it leave me asking one question...about one of the characters recently in play..

WHY??!!, Why in the Flipping World, if You support this MP being found, and his suffering family & friends...would You Ever open Your Fly Catcher, and tell someone who is close to the/this/an investigation, who is smack dab in the middle of it, and under all of the suspicion that person was ....and tell them to ..
“STFU & STOP Posting in Social Media[emoji844]”...

Good Grief!...How can People be so stupid!...
• You WANT those people to continually run their MOUTHS...
• You WANT them to talk, and talk, and post until their fingers are bloody!!..*Sheesh*...
..I thought that was only common sense (there’s the fallacy, I expect Ppl to have common sense), and yet, there were multiple posts advising this guy Rich’s wife to literally “STFU”..and to “Stop Posting on Social Media”...blah-blah-blah...and that advise wasn’t even given by their own camp of supporters!... Every single one of those comments were made by people in the camp of those who are supposed to be supporting Austin and his loved ones/friends...*shakes head*...I’m just flat out flabbergasted at that..

I admit, I do not use FB as I hate it, so only use it to click and review MP cases from inside Tapatalk..but, I also admit, I honestly, would not be sure how to go about telling/advising/asking someone else, in a way that wasn’t utterly offensive, to STHU & stop advising that POI to stop talking, because you/we want them to talk until their tongues fall out..the more the better...(without that POI seeing the comment)...

I saw the posts on the VSP’s FB page were getting/were old (like 3mths/2-3weeks, whatever), so far too late to make a comment there of any use now anyways..however, I am curious for future reference...

And I absolutely mean no offense to anyone, and I’m certain that Austin, His Family & Friends all appreciate everyone’s support...

And lastly, because I got on a bit of a tear above...
• I am super happy to hear that an individual is in jail, and hopefully, it is the guilty party...
• I truly do hope that they/LE locate Austin, and that he will soon be reunited with his family and loved ones..
• No matter what anyone may be doing or have done in their lives, (imho) they do not ever deserve to be unexpectedly torn from their loved one’s lives..

***Note:The above is only my own opinions, thoughts, theories; unless otherwise indicated by a website URL and/or reference to an origin source..Thanks!

Please note: My “Thank” clicking is glitchy & often does not register or subtracts mine after I’ve clicked someone’s, ‘Thank’..Please know that I am Thankful for your Help/Support/Humor/Etc!..so, THANK YOU!

The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

Goodness Sakes!..Ok, I admit, I haven’t been following this case, so I’m new to it as of...Meh, an hour or so ago, which is when I clicked on this case, then followed the link recently posted on this thread for the VSP...and OT but ON...after reading all of the mess on the VSP site about this case, it leave me asking one question...about one of the characters recently in play..

WHY??!!, Why in the Flipping World, if You support this MP being found, and his suffering family & friends...would You Ever open Your Fly Catcher, and tell someone who is close to the/this/an investigation, who is smack dab in the middle of it, and under all of the suspicion that person was ....and tell them to ..
“STFU & STOP Posting in Social Media[emoji844]”...

Good Grief!...How can People be so stupid!...
• You WANT those people to continually run their MOUTHS...
• You WANT them to talk, and talk, and post until their fingers are bloody!!..*Sheesh*...
..I thought that was only common sense (there’s the fallacy, I expect Ppl to have common sense), and yet, there were multiple posts advising this guy Rich’s wife to literally “STFU”..and to “Stop Posting on Social Media”...blah-blah-blah...and that advise wasn’t even given by their own camp of supporters!... Every single one of those comments were made by people in the camp of those who are supposed to be supporting Austin and his loved ones/friends...*shakes head*...I’m just flat out flabbergasted at that..

I admit, I do not use FB as I hate it, so only use it to click and review MP cases from inside Tapatalk..but, I also admit, I honestly, would not be sure how to go about telling/advising/asking someone else, in a way that wasn’t utterly offensive, to STHU & stop advising that POI to stop talking, because you/we want them to talk until their tongues fall out..the more the better...(without that POI seeing the comment)...

I saw the posts on the VSP’s FB page were getting/were old (like 3mths/2-3weeks, whatever), so far too late to make a comment there of any use now anyways..however, I am curious for future reference...

And I absolutely mean no offense to anyone, and I’m certain that Austin, His Family & Friends all appreciate everyone’s support...

And lastly, because I got on a bit of a tear above...
• I am super happy to hear that an individual is in jail, and hopefully, it is the guilty party...
• I truly do hope that they/LE locate Austin, and that he will soon be reunited with his family and loved ones..
• No matter what anyone may be doing or have done in their lives, (imho) they do not ever deserve to be unexpectedly torn from their loved one’s lives..

***Note:The above is only my own opinions, thoughts, theories; unless otherwise indicated by a website URL and/or reference to an origin source..Thanks!

Please note: My “Thank” clicking is glitchy & often does not register or subtracts mine after I’ve clicked someone’s, ‘Thank’..Please know that I am Thankful for your Help/Support/Humor/Etc!..so, THANK YOU!

Why were they telling her to shut up?

Since the beginning, she's been running her mouth off at his family and friends. Lying, covering for him. She even went to some of their pages and pretended to care and look for him! She is torturing Austin's family with some of her comments and threats on that VSP page alone.

Speculation on my part, but she knows much more (the truth about her man) than she is saying and is trying to cover HER tracks. I totally understand what you are thinking, but she has deleted a lot of her posts and changed stories so many times- that is why they want her to shut up. She's a liar, her posts aren't helping but hurting a family who deep down knows that Austin is not coming home alive, who is probably not going to be found anytime soon.

The one who's in jail is responsible, but as I said, he's a pro. He'll get away with this, too.

Why were they telling her to shut up?
(✂️SNIP-SNIP✂️)
Speculation on my part, but she knows much more (the truth about her man) than she is saying and is trying to cover HER tracks. I totally understand what you are thinking, but she has deleted a lot of her posts and changed stories so many times- that is why they want her to shut up. She's a liar, her posts aren't helping but hurting a family who deep down knows that Austin is not coming home alive, who is probably not going to be found anytime soon.

The one who's in jail is responsible, but as I said, he's a pro. He'll get away with this, too.

I get what you’re saying and I understand everyone’s frustrations. I read page after page of comments & posts...and I saw that she started to take down & delete her posts only+immediately AFTER that 1st person advised her to (in all caps), shut her mouth and that she should not be posting on social media, and if she talked to her atty, then he would tell her the same thing..*groans*...

Yes!, I get it, and I understand the hurt/pain, and frustration (my cousin was missing+murdered), so yeah, I “get it”, but the one thing that can help them in the end is getting some sense of justice (it is not closure, you never get that, but it is something you can grab onto at least), and as you point out, not every family/one is able to get that justice in any form, be it failure to prosecute, not enough evidence, plea bargains, avoiding trials, or scum who commit suicide in jail, or their getting to walk away scot free, or whatever else the reason, I’d imagine that would feel like a slap in the face and a further /2nd victimization... And, I’m certain that his family and his friends see a ton of information, and endless opinions for/against everything that they would rather not see, and which cut them to the core regularly. Silencing one person, particularly a POI will not stop that happening in the slightest, because it will be in the media now and until the end of trials/prosecutions, and even long after that time, when living in a small community.

Which is why allowing that person to dig themselves deeper & deeper into a hole, is so Critically Important!

1st, Because, what He told Her (may be inadmissible due to spousal privilege, depending on that Judge’s decision, and/or deemed hearsay depending on that Judge’s decision);

2nd, What someone posts on the Internet on Social Media is accessible by LE, by subpoenas and generally accepted by the courts; HOWEVER, if that person deletes posts and/or deletes entire accts, then LE has to hope:
• that they correctly identify which accounts belong to that individual (name spellings, etc),
• and have to hope that they specify the beginning and end dates, so that the critical info hopefully falls within that date span
• Along with LE having to hope that their subpoena is submitted, and processed before that Social Media Site purges their store files.
• And hope that there were no clerical processing errors within the subpoena(s), which would likely not stop Social Media from complying, but would be grounds to have the collected vital information thrown out as inadmissible.
• And, Regardless of what information is provided by the Social Media Site, it all still takes time to process, from weeks to months.
⬆️That’s an awful LOT of having to “hope” that LE has their ducks in order and no one makes any mistakes, and they get it all right, versus all of that key incriminating information+statements, being all right there open, available, easy, and visible for anyone to see at any time, and LE just having to printing out page after page from what is shown right their on their own a computer screen, over a matter of minutes or hours and having that information available...(even if they only used it for comparison versus the info/docs returned by the Social Media Site.)

3rd, If LE is able to see everything right there (or lucky enough to get everything right so that they can access or restore needed information from those accts, and with restoring acct dats it is much harder & more iffy), then LE can then use all that information against that person posting, for prosecution purposes, or as a basis for various legal charges, and possibly LE will be able to then force that person’s hand (and/or their mouth) and get even more vital information, which LE NEEDS to make their prosecution “stick”, and/or to FIND Austin and bring him home!

So yeah, while I get the emotional side of things, it however, was not his family saying/responding or telling her to “STFU”, it was someone who has absolutely NO dog in this fight, and whose actions only served to hurt the prosecutions ability to effectively prosecute the criminals. Their actions did not Help the family one bit, their actions only further hurt them, which was my point.
Again, I get wanting to help & wanting to stick up for the family & Austin, but I promise, the family/Austin’s loved ones, would not be in the least bit thankful, if they later found out that because that person shut up & removed posts/data/accounts, it cost them the conviction at trial..*shrugs*..you never know..and, you can’t ever know if no one is talking...what you absolutely can know is that people openly incriminating themselves in court admissible ways(aka on social media), can only help the family in the long run.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
My apology to Everyone for the massively long post this time, but it wasn’t something easily explained in a few short sentences, at least not by me.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Hi. I was just told about this site and have read all 14 pages of posts. I am Austin's girlfriends mother. I just wanted to update you on Rich's arrest. He was transferred last week out of VT to NH where he is being held until he has court. (Probably not until after June 1st) . He is still only being held on the felony gun charges at the moment. We search every single day after work and all day Sat & Sun for Austin. We pray every day for answers so we can have closure.

(✂️SNIP-SNIP✂️)

Welcome to Websleuths, I only wish it were under better circumstances, & You have my heartfelt sympathies and so does Katie & Austin’s entire family & all his friends...I know it doesn’t help, but still, my heart goes out to each one of you and all of you along with Austin are in my prayers...only wish I could ease your pain and give you all some level of comfort during this unimaginable time...
Please know that although I do not expect it amounts to much, but that I personal would be happy to help you all out in any way that I can...and for me, because I’m not local, that can come in the form of Missing Person or Other Posters/Flyers...*shrugs*..I designed one for Adea Shabani..(which I will send to you privately so you can see it, if you would like; however, as I do not wish to impose, I will wait for you to say send it, ok?..*smiles*..)...

Wishing You all, all the Best, with my warmest regards and sympathies..

Hi. I was just told about this site and have read all 14 pages of posts. I am Austin's girlfriends mother. I just wanted to update you on Rich's arrest. He was transferred last week out of VT to NH where he is being held until he has court. (Probably not until after June 1st) . He is still only being held on the felony gun charges at the moment. We search every single day after work and all day Sat & Sun for Austin. We pray every day for answers so we can have closure.

I am so sorry you are going through this. My heart goes out to every one of you. If Austin isn't found before the next time I head into your neck of the woods, I will help search for him.

Lori, please become a verified insider. That way here, you can talk about the case without having to provide links. Your information will be kept private by the Admins here.

Welcome to Websleuths, I only wish it were under better circumstances, & You have my heartfelt sympathies and so does Katie & Austin’s entire family & all his friends...I know it doesn’t help, but still, my heart goes out to each one of you and all of you along with Austin are in my prayers...only wish I could ease your pain and give you all some level of comfort during this unimaginable time...
Please know that although I do not expect it amounts to much, but that I personal would be happy to help you all out in any way that I can...and for me, because I’m not local, that can come in the form of Missing Person or Other Posters/Flyers...*shrugs*..I designed one for Adea Shabani..(which I will send to you privately so you can see it, if you would like; however, as I do not wish to impose, I will wait for you to say send it, ok?..*smiles*..)...

Wishing You all, all the Best, with my warmest regards and sympathies..

Please send it. Thank you.

Hi, How do I become a verified inside?
Someone can mark your post for a moderator to see and reply to you. I can't figure out how to do it, I'm on my phone and it looks different than the comp

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Hello- I'm very sorry for this situation. As a VI, you can say whatever you like. Unfortunately, we have very strict rules. So do not be concerned as to how or what we reply. We can't speak to social media because it is not confirmed information. We can point it out and provide a link for others to read.

I look forward to hearing your opinions as a VI. :)

I really hope he talks. The pain this family is going through by not knowing where their boy is is devastating.
How as a suspects wife who has children, can she not make her husband talk. Because in my opinion she knows what's going on and is covering her own *advertiser censored**se.

I certainly wouldn't be giving my husband an alibi and sticking up for him on social media.

I really hope he talks. The pain this family is going through by not knowing where their boy is is devastating.
How as a suspects wife who has children, can she not make her husband talk. Because in my opinion she knows what's going on and is covering her own *advertiser censored**se.

I certainly wouldn't be giving my husband an alibi and sticking up for him on social media.

Yet many women do protect their sick men. I've seen it enough in my lifetime that it does not shock me anymore.

The snow storms are not helping this situation. Its overwhelming...

The snow storms are not helping this situation. Its overwhelming...

Indeed. Snow has started to fall now here. Second big storm in less than a weeks time. We lost power for several hours on Thursday, I pray we don't lose it again tomorrow. I feel so bad for Austin's family- this winter has been a brutal one with the cold, heavy winds at times, snow and rain. On top of looking for their loved one, they have all that to deal with as well.

I wish it would stop snowing. Making it impossible to search for Austin now. :-(

Its such a scary and sad situation. I live locally and have teens only a year and two younger than Austin. My ex husband owns a local business where he had hired the guy who's now in jail to do manual labor on job sites. Ive been a correctional nurse at the state prison where the guy who was driving the truck & in my opinion killed Austin has been a frequent flyer! It was printed in the local paper that they found searches on his phone for how long it takes to get rid of gun shot residue. Unfortunately, I think that he killed Austin over drugs/money and he wont be found until the snow melts.

Hi, I am Austin girlfriends mom. We are trying to get a list together of places Rich worked as a handy man. Would there be any way you could tell me your ex husbands name and contact info so I could possibly talk to him. Thanks

It appears Rich has been transferred and I can’t find where he was transferred to. Is anyone in this group able to help find out what prison he is currently at? Thanks in advance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back