GUILTY FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish he could get a decent place to live. So far the brothers both were taken in by opportunists.

Is there no ten housing available for homeless teens?
My thoughts too.

Also, how can he manage his beloved skateboard while wearing ankle monitor?

He is very accomplished, to my eyes..

I wish he could get a decent place to live. So far the brothers both were taken in by opportunists.

Is there no ten housing available for homeless teens?

I've been watching to see if any articles mentioned where he would be living. So far, nothing.

Apparently also popular with older men.

"Teenage girls, women and even older men are writing to the Parkland school shooter and sending photographs — some suggestive — tucked inside cute greeting cards and attached to notebook paper with offers of friendship and encouragement. Groupies also are joining Facebook communities to talk about how to help the killer."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...-cruz-prison-love-letters-20180327-story.html

I would hate to be the parent of one of those teenage girls.

maybe if the police did their job and looked into this perp, maybe this wouldnt have happened? so many complaints about him but nothing was done? something stinks and i think the school and police let this happened. no excuses for the school and police to not do anything. cant always blame nra all the time. the school knew he was dangerous but did not really do a damn thing and police didnt either

wow...what the heck is going on?

I wonder what their home life is like. I wonder too, what is going on with them that would cause this interest in someone like him. AND I wonder if their parents know about this?

I wonder what their home life is like. I wonder too, what is going on with them that would cause this interest in someone like him. AND I wonder if their parents know about this?

I can't even fathom what would cause girls to be fans of a mass murderer but I've seen it happen with so many of them. There were so many girls who became fans of the Dark Knight Rises shooter that they collectively refer to themselves as "Holmies". I've seen some who claim James Holmes was framed, while others try to justify his actions by saying a cruel society forced his hand. I remember reading an article a long time ago that said he had naked photos of girls who sent him pictures taped to the walls inside his cell. (I was watching HLN earlier and they were talking about the letters and money that had been sent to NC, but they said they are keeping those types of letters from him and he doesn't even know that the letters exist. The only mail being delivered to NK are those of a religious nature.)

I think a lot of the girls who join these types of "fan clubs" just do it because they desperately need to feel "accepted" by any group (& it doesn't matter what kind it is) and I think some probably post these declarations of love on social media for the shock value to garner attention.

There are even fans of the Columbine shooters. If you search the name Eric Harris on YouTube, you find a ton of "tribute" videos with montages of pictures and the girls gush about how hot and "bad *advertiser censored*" they think he was. It's disgusting.

maybe if the police did their job and looked into this perp, maybe this wouldnt have happened? so many complaints about him but nothing was done? something stinks and i think the school and police let this happened. no excuses for the school and police to not do anything. cant always blame nra all the time. the school knew he was dangerous but did not really do a damn thing and police didnt either

Seriously?

/s

I would hate to be the parent of one of those teenage girls.

Reminds me of the stories about Ted Bundy and Richard Ramirez groupies. Lordy, I’m with you, grammieto5.

wow...what the heck is going on?

I can't even fathom what would cause girls to be fans of a mass murderer but I've seen it happen with so many of them. There were so many girls who became fans of the Dark Knight Rises shooter that they collectively refer to themselves as "Holmies". I've seen some who claim James Holmes was framed, while others try to justify his actions by saying a cruel society forced his hand. I remember reading an article a long time ago that said he had naked photos of girls who sent him pictures taped to the walls inside his cell. (I was watching HLN earlier and they were talking about the letters and money that had been sent to NC, but they said they are keeping those types of letters from him and he doesn't even know that the letters exist. The only mail being delivered to NK are those of a religious nature.)

I think a lot of the girls who join these types of "fan clubs" just do it because they desperately need to feel "accepted" by any group (& it doesn't matter what kind it is) and I think some probably post these declarations of love on social media for the shock value to garner attention.

There are even fans of the Columbine shooters. If you search the name Eric Harris on YouTube, you find a ton of "tribute" videos with montages of pictures and the girls gush about how hot and "bad *advertiser censored*" they think he was. It's disgusting.

Why Notorious Murderers Have Groupies
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/why-notorious-murderers-have-groupies

The legendary former FBI criminal profiler Roy Hazelwood commented to me on such extreme behavior:

"There are some people (mostly females, but also males) who are fascinated by corresponding or meeting with serial offenders. Here I am referring to individuals who correspond not to learn but to [develop a] relationship. Some women even "fall in love" with these men, believing them to be misunderstood. Such people, in my opinion, generally have low self-esteem. By interacting with serial killers, they fulfill their own need for attention."

Roy Hazelwood further explained that in certain rare instances, a groupie wants to experience the crimes of the killer vicariously through him. Hazelwood told me that he has seen this phenomenon predominantly among female groupies of male killers.

The Making of a Serial Killer Groupie
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-human-equation/201211/the-making-serial-killer-groupie-0

For the majority of these women, moral activism is the primary driver – at least initially. Several were heavily involved in anti-death penalty campaigns before they met their significant others. Some were moved by Christian conviction to contact – and save – these doomed souls, only to discover that they ultimately were the ones who needed saving. (I am reminded of a story in Jacquelynne Wilcox-Bailey’s book (link is external) about two middle-aged Christian sisters from Australia who left stable marriages to marry recently released violent offenders with whom they had romanced in prison. One was bludgeoned to death with a hammer and the other one narrowly escaped death after her new hubby tried to cut off her ear and pull out her teeth with pliars).

Psychology of Hybristophilia
https://owlcation.com/social-sciences/psyhparaphilia

There is little known about this paraphilia. Psychologists only have theories about why some people are like this.

Some believe hybristophiliacs are submissive victims, while others believe they are “narcissist enablers who are attracted to power” (Narcissism 101). Indeed, many hybristophiliacs seem to be attracted to men behind bars because of their fame and notoriety in the media. Some believe these women are living vicariously through the men and like the thrill and attention.

Psychologists also see this from a biological perspective. Richard Wrangham and Dale Peterson, authors of Demonic Males, describe a study in which male and female orangutan behavior was observed. They noted that females favored the larger and more aggressive males -- the ones who showed off their masculinity the most. According to Narcissism 101, “Women equate forceful and aggressive men, who are also charming, to an ideal masculinity based on power and roughness”. In addition, “theorists have said that SKGs may be responding to the overt maleness of the man who has done the most brutal act imaginable. That is, they may be equating this sort of violence with masculine strength and then seeking it as a way to bring such a male into their lives, for protection and for producing offspring with a good chance for survival. Thus, they're responding to a biological drive that they may not even be aware of” (Serial Killer Groupies).

Why are women drawn to men behind bars?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/jan/13/gender.uk

So what other reasons could there be for so many women being attracted to convicted criminals? Isenberg suggests that vicarious murder may sometimes be a motivating factor. It is easier for the lovers of these men to overlook violence if they have considered it themselves: "Even while she denies his culpability, it is his ability to murder that attracts her. He acted on his rage, however unsuitably. [The woman] could never act on her rage. So [his] murder is [her] murder," she says.

It is certainly true that many prison brides have a history of violent relationships. Isenberg draws positive conclusions from this, arguing that an imprisoned partner may be a healthy strategy for women who are attracted to violent men, allowing them to engage without putting themselves in physical danger.

Religious fervour is another, more obvious motivator. Evangelical Christian schemes bring women into contact with prisoners and provide a basis for intense emotional interaction.

Just another form of extreme narcissism for the most part. Some are dependent and cannot think for themselves, like the kinds who join cults.

They are obsessed about being accepted and liked. They have issues social alienation and are often repressed. They often have poor relationship with the father, better known as "daddy issues".

Why Notorious Murderers Have Groupies
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/why-notorious-murderers-have-groupies

The legendary former FBI criminal profiler Roy Hazelwood commented to me on such extreme behavior:

"There are some people (mostly females, but also males) who are fascinated by corresponding or meeting with serial offenders. Here I am referring to individuals who correspond not to learn but to [develop a] relationship. Some women even "fall in love" with these men, believing them to be misunderstood. Such people, in my opinion, generally have low self-esteem. By interacting with serial killers, they fulfill their own need for attention."

Roy Hazelwood further explained that in certain rare instances, a groupie wants to experience the crimes of the killer vicariously through him. Hazelwood told me that he has seen this phenomenon predominantly among female groupies of male killers.

The Making of a Serial Killer Groupie
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-human-equation/201211/the-making-serial-killer-groupie-0

For the majority of these women, moral activism is the primary driver – at least initially. Several were heavily involved in anti-death penalty campaigns before they met their significant others. Some were moved by Christian conviction to contact – and save – these doomed souls, only to discover that they ultimately were the ones who needed saving. (I am reminded of a story in Jacquelynne Wilcox-Bailey’s book (link is external) about two middle-aged Christian sisters from Australia who left stable marriages to marry recently released violent offenders with whom they had romanced in prison. One was bludgeoned to death with a hammer and the other one narrowly escaped death after her new hubby tried to cut off her ear and pull out her teeth with pliars).

Psychology of Hybristophilia
https://owlcation.com/social-sciences/psyhparaphilia

There is little known about this paraphilia. Psychologists only have theories about why some people are like this.

Some believe hybristophiliacs are submissive victims, while others believe they are “narcissist enablers who are attracted to power” (Narcissism 101). Indeed, many hybristophiliacs seem to be attracted to men behind bars because of their fame and notoriety in the media. Some believe these women are living vicariously through the men and like the thrill and attention.

Psychologists also see this from a biological perspective. Richard Wrangham and Dale Peterson, authors of Demonic Males, describe a study in which male and female orangutan behavior was observed. They noted that females favored the larger and more aggressive males -- the ones who showed off their masculinity the most. According to Narcissism 101, “Women equate forceful and aggressive men, who are also charming, to an ideal masculinity based on power and roughness”. In addition, “theorists have said that SKGs may be responding to the overt maleness of the man who has done the most brutal act imaginable. That is, they may be equating this sort of violence with masculine strength and then seeking it as a way to bring such a male into their lives, for protection and for producing offspring with a good chance for survival. Thus, they're responding to a biological drive that they may not even be aware of” (Serial Killer Groupies).

Why are women drawn to men behind bars?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/jan/13/gender.uk

So what other reasons could there be for so many women being attracted to convicted criminals? Isenberg suggests that vicarious murder may sometimes be a motivating factor. It is easier for the lovers of these men to overlook violence if they have considered it themselves: "Even while she denies his culpability, it is his ability to murder that attracts her. He acted on his rage, however unsuitably. [The woman] could never act on her rage. So [his] murder is [her] murder," she says.

It is certainly true that many prison brides have a history of violent relationships. Isenberg draws positive conclusions from this, arguing that an imprisoned partner may be a healthy strategy for women who are attracted to violent men, allowing them to engage without putting themselves in physical danger.

Religious fervour is another, more obvious motivator. Evangelical Christian schemes bring women into contact with prisoners and provide a basis for intense emotional interaction.

Just another form of extreme narcissism for the most part. Some are dependent and cannot think for themselves, like the kinds who join cults.

They are obsessed about being accepted and liked. They have issues social alienation and are often repressed. They often have poor relationship with the father, better known as "daddy issues".

Fascinating (albeit, horrifying) stuff. Thanks for sharing these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once saw an individual who, on YouTube commented extremely rude and messed things on some of the Tributes to the Columbine victims, saying how she ‘worshipped’ the shooters and how that the victims ‘deserved to die.’

Like, I don’t care if you’re joking around or being serious, no one should ever say or think anything like that.

The Parkland shooter should not face the death penalty

The gunman — and Mr. Cruz’s lawyers don’t dispute his guilt — must never again be in a position to be able to harm others. But will killing him serve justice? Even proponents of the death penalty (which we decidedly are not) are hard-pressed to justify its use on those who suffer from mental illness.

Wouldn’t the time and money be better spent fixing the systems that failed Mr. Cruz and his victims?

Mr. Satz should revisit his decision and accept a guilty plea, which would be the last thing heard from Mr. Cruz.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-parkland-shooter-should-not-face-the-death-penalty/2018/03/30/9c4015a6-2bac-11e8-8ad6-fbc50284fce8_story.html?utm_term=.28c866b5b293

Michigan law enforcement agencies stress serious charges for school threats
US Attorney says officials are 'vigorously' investigating, prosecuting

DETROIT - The feds and local law enforcement gathered Tuesday morning to discuss tackling school threats across Michigan.

Led by U.S. Attorney Matthew Schneider, officials stressed serious charges including 20-year felonies will be sought against anyone suspected of making a threat of violence against a school. Schneider said Michigan law enforcement officials have seen a "tremendous" increase in such threats this year.

"They're overwhelming," he said. "Law enforcement is united in this effort (to stop the threats). We are vigorously investigating and prosecuting anybody that threatens our schools...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...ncies-to-unveil-plan-to-combat-school-threats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal