GUILTY FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I read & understood what mpnola wrote was that if ZC had a parent now, he would have someone advocating for him. I don't believe they were referring to the past.

And I responded that I am not so sure she (Linda) would be trying to get him out. It's not like he was well behaved when she was alive.

"It is not the obligation of children to befriend classmates who have demonstrated aggressive, unpredictable or violent tendencies. It is the responsibility of the school administration and guidance department to pinpoint those students and get them the help that they need, even if it is extremely specialized attention that cannot be provided at the same institution."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/opinion/nikolas-cruz-shooting-florida.html

"It is not the obligation of children to befriend classmates who have demonstrated aggressive, unpredictable or violent tendencies. It is the responsibility of the school administration and guidance department to pinpoint those students and get them the help that they need, even if it is extremely specialized attention that cannot be provided at the same institution."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/opinion/nikolas-cruz-shooting-florida.html

This is a great article. It is very well written. I hope others will be able to put their hurt and anger into words and not pick up a gun and kill. Thank you for posting it.

And I responded that I am not so sure she (Linda) would be trying to get him out. It's not like he was well behaved when she was alive.
I'm not sure if you have kids, but just because a child isn't well behaved doesn't mean they should be locked in jail indefinitely. No caring parent wpuld want that. Either they have more of a reason than we know or he needs an advocate. But the reasons they have given are not appropriate. I think they know he doesnt have anyone to hold them to task. This is America. We have rules to our justice system. Hopefully, none of us ever get treated this way.

I am actually really hard on criminals and believe in really strict punishment. If you see me post on other threads, you know that to be true. But, I also don't like for people to be unjustifiably punished. I wouldn't want that for anyone because then it makes it too easy to happen to any one of us, when we don't deserve it. The punishment needs to fit the crime. Most of the time, I feel they are too easy and predators are back on the street to harm again over and over. My most hated thing. But in this case, it seems the opposite. That's all I'm saying.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if you have kids, but just because a child isn't well behaved doesn't mean they should be locked in jail indefinitely. No caring parent wpuld want that. Either they have more of a reason than we know or he needs an advocate. But the reasons they have given are not appropriate. I think they know he doesnt have anyone to hold them to task. This is America. We have rules to our justice system. Hopefully, none of us ever get treated this way.

I am actually really hard on criminals and believe in really strict punishment. If you see me post on other threads, you know that to be true. But, I also don't like for people to be unjustifiably punished. I wouldn't want that for anyone because then it makes it too easy to happen to any one of us, when we don't deserve it. The punishment needs to fit the crime. Most of the time, I feel they are too easy and predators are back on the street to harm again over and over. My most hated thing. But in this case, it seems the opposite. That's all I'm saying.

We will never know for sure what Linda would or wouldn't have done since she is dead. But I am curious as to where ZC is supposed to be released if he is released? Back to residing with RD, assuming she would even take him back?

We will never know for sure what Linda would or wouldn't have done since she is dead. But I am curious as to where ZC is supposed to be released if he is released? Back to residing with RD, assuming she would even take him back?

This (IMO) is one of 2 major reasons why they have fanagled the reasons to hold him. When ZC was arrested, RD was
in NYC meeting with Allred. RD was not local to be his surrogate parent/foster. IE. a homeless adult in the eyes of the law. Whether he was actually warned to not trespass earlier, we don't know. But I think the school authorities and
LE were all suffering emotionally from the 17 killings and over-reacted to this blood relative. Was ZC another potential
school killer they asked? Since 'we' failed earlier to lock up NC, here's our chance to lock up the brother and show
the public we're doing our job. Giant Over Reaction here, IMO. ZC is the scapegoat, to make the system look like it's working. Unfortunately, this might be the pivotal point that 'makes' ZC an actual criminal. He will surely learn that
he can't trust the system. And that he, like his brother, has NO ONE who cares about him.

Just sad all around for ZC.

It's also possible his mom would feel relief...a reprieve from trying to keep him under control herself.

Honestly I sometimes wonder if her reluctance to seek care when she got sick last fall is because she was just exhausted with living, and with dealing with these two boys.

This (IMO) is one of 2 major reasons why they have fanagled the reasons to hold him. When ZC was arrested, RD was
in NYC meeting with Allred. RD was not local to be his surrogate parent/foster. IE. a homeless adult in the eyes of the law. Whether he was actually warned to not trespass earlier, we don't know. But I think the school authorities and
LE were all suffering emotionally from the 17 killings and over-reacted to this blood relative. Was ZC another potential
school killer they asked? Since 'we' failed earlier to lock up NC, here's our chance to lock up the brother and show
the public we're doing our job. Giant Over Reaction here, IMO. ZC is the scapegoat, to make the system look like it's working. Unfortunately, this might be the pivotal point that 'makes' ZC an actual criminal. He will surely learn that
he can't trust the system. And that he, like his brother, has NO ONE who cares about him.

Yes, lets blame everybody else, again. Nobody made him go skateboard on schools property. And it's not his first rodeo, from the links I posed, ZC had a number of run-ins with police. This is just the first time they are taking it seriously. I guess that was a surprise to him. And if they are going to release him with an ankle monitor, they have to have a place to release him to. Otherwise, where is he going to be located with his ankle monitor?

What's next for the Parkland students? Prom, graduation — then changing the world
The teens are balancing grief and activism while trying to hold onto high school moments that are meant to be happy

Julia Cordover, president of the senior class at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, is planning a prom.

Cordover, 18, started working on the details last fall, overseeing the team of students that picked a date, booked a venue and found a DJ.

But she never could have imagined the challenge she faces now: figuring out how to memorialize four of her classmates, who died on Feb. 14 in the worst high school shooting in U.S. history. While the senior class prom will go on as planned in early May at The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, the music and dancing will be punctuated by moments of silence that reflect just how much the Parkland, Florida high school has lost...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...s-prom-graduation-then-changing-world-n860681

Well said Enelram! All good literal points.

CRUZ BELIEVED TO HAVE RECEIVED MORE MAIL THAN ANY OTHER DEFENDANT.

He has not been able to see his mail due to the rules for inmates on suicide watch.

“Cruz's Facebook supporters, mostly female, say they sympathize with Cruz because he was bullied, was diagnosed with disabilities and mental illness, and was orphaned.”

He's referred to in some posts as "our Nikolas" and described as "cute."

Some of those same Facebook members are also selling Nik Cruz merchandise.

One supporter who uses the hashtag #NikFam is selling $2 purple bracelets on eBay.com, declaring "Justice for Nik." The seller lists a litany of reasons for supporting the confessed mass killer, including that "we believe EVERYONE is worthy of love."

T-shirts declaring "I stand with Nikolas Cruz" also were briefly offered online.

On the website PrisonTalk.com, would-be Cruz pen pals are inquiring about writing to him.

"I feel bad for him and after reading about him I want to get to know him so he's not as lonely," one person wrote. "(I don't know) why I feel like this because he committed an awful crime I can't help it but I want to talk to him."

MORE HERE:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/c...shooter-nikolas-cruz-with-fan-mail/ar-AAveamr

He has not been able to see his mail due to the rules for inmates on suicide watch.

“Cruz's Facebook supporters, mostly female, say they sympathize with Cruz because he was bullied, was diagnosed with disabilities and mental illness, and was orphaned.”

One supporter who uses the hashtag #NikFam is selling $2 purple bracelets on eBay.com, declaring "Justice for Nik." The seller lists a litany of reasons for supporting the confessed mass killer, including that "we believe EVERYONE is worthy of love."

T-shirts declaring "I stand with Nikolas Cruz" also were briefly offered online.

On the website PrisonTalk.com, would-be Cruz pen pals are inquiring about writing to him.

"I feel bad for him and after reading about him I want to get to know him so he's not as lonely," one person wrote. "(I don't know) why I feel like this because he committed an awful crime I can't help it but I want to talk to him."

MORE HERE:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/c...shooter-nikolas-cruz-with-fan-mail/ar-AAveamr

Just like James Holmes’ “Holmies”. Ugh.

IS ZACHARY CRUZ BEING PUNISHED BECAUSE OF HIS BROTHERS CRIME

Joelle Guarino watched the Cruz brothers grow up across the street. Zachary, she said, was the cool skateboarder kid. He was popular and made friends easily. Like most brothers, Zachary and Nikolas joked and poked at each other, she said.

When Guarino learned Zachary Cruz was accused of trespassing onto the Marjory Stoneman Douglas campus, she immediately flashed back to his childhood, when she says she saw him being blamed for everything his brother did.

"He is a victim in all of this," Guarino told CNN about Zachary Cruz's bond and pretrial restrictions.

Former neighbor Paul Gold told CNN that Zachary Cruz, though more than a year younger, grew up to be bigger and more physically developed. Eventually, Gold said, Zachary and other kids ostracized and bullied Nikolas.

"They were constantly alienating him and not allowing him to partake in games, like kickball on the street or riding bicycles," Gold said. "Nikolas would constantly go home very angry."

A 2014 psychiatric memo written about Nikolas Cruz says he kept knives and scissors in his bed to protect himself. The brothers were living in the same home at the time. The memo said Nikolas had been receiving mental health services for two years and was on two medications.

MORE HERE:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/i...ng-punished-for-his-brothers-crime/ar-BBKPx45

MORE HERE:
I"d heard that he had become something of a cult-like idol. It may have already been mentioned, I"m behind, but this reminds me of the phenomena that surrounded Charlie Manson. He became a sort of weird, cultural icon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MORE HERE:
See. I lose faith in humans a little more, every day. The watch list needs to be huge! Like 30% of the population. Or more, if we can judge by the way people comment on facebook! All these people are scary. All of them.

See. I lose faith in humans a little more, every day. The watch list needs to be huge! Like 30% of the population. Or more, if we can judge by the way people comment on facebook! All these people are scary. All of them.

Me too. Another illustration of why my outlook on life now is to trust virtually no one.

Apparently also popular with older men.

"Teenage girls, women and even older men are writing to the Parkland school shooter and sending photographs — some suggestive — tucked inside cute greeting cards and attached to notebook paper with offers of friendship and encouragement. Groupies also are joining Facebook communities to talk about how to help the killer."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...-cruz-prison-love-letters-20180327-story.html

Me too. Another illustration of why my outlook on life now is to trust virtually no one.
But look at all of the people who are coming out for the positive. Incredible numbers! Cruz isn't going anywhere and thats part of the allure. Both brothers do have a sad backstory, but it doesn't excuse what NC did though, a lot of folks have horrfic backstories and never harm a fly.

As weird as it all seems, NC is not the first of his kind to receive tons of mail, and have females feel sorry for him, and want to be his gf.

From the link, below:
ATTN: Was there anything that shocked you about these women?

Isenberg:*What shocked me is the huge numbers, how common it is, how these guys have women all over the place. Your notorious killers have groupies. And now with social media, every one of us who gets involved emotionally with another person, we’re doing it to fulfill our own psychological needs. And with the women I interviewed, they were all damaged goods. basically. Their needs were such that they couldn't really find satisfaction or get their needs met in a normal healthy relationship. They had to find love behind the prison walls.

https://www.attn.com/stories/6268/why-women-fall-in-love-prison-inmates

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members