CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about this is whole story is really bothering me. It's an obvious assumption to blame the parents. However, even though there were allegations of child abuse, there was no real proof of the parents withholding food and the like. People are questioning "marks on the legs" of one of the children, when active kids have scrapes and bumps all of the time. The kids don't look malnourished to me, not even a little bit. Thin, yes, but kids that are active and eat healthy foods tend to be, as several mothers here have attested (not to mention the fact that they were very likely small to begin with, having not been nourished properly as babies). And I may be old, but how many times has a parent said "Green beans are what's for dinner. Don't like them, don't eat." My wife tells a story that they laugh about now, about how her daughter (around 8 years old, in the mid 80's) went to the neighbors house saying she was starving because her mother wouldn't feed her. In reality, her mother just had enough of the kid's bs and told her to eat the da*m meatloaf or starve. Obviously, she was not starving her children, but back then the neighbor marched the daughter right home and asked my wife what the heck was going on. That minute. And of course found a full course meal on the table, just something the kid didn't like. I am not blaming the children for the tragedy, but I am concerned to see all of the finger pointing at the moms right out of the gate. These kids were by all accounts troubled young people when they came into the Hart home. Is it not a stretch to wonder if, as a group or one or two of them together, perhaps were just not liking Mom's rules and set out to get them in trouble (i.e., telling neighbors they were not being fed, etc.). I have also heard a million times of kids threatening to "Call CPS" on perfectly normal everyday parents when a rule is set that they don't like. Stranger things have happened, certainly. I would like to give the parents at least some semblance of benefit of doubt before rushing to assume anything. Yes, one parent did state that she went overboard in spanking once, but that, to me, doesn't lead to 1.) horrible mistreatment and 2.) deliberate murder.

Based on the articles shared here Devonte asked another adult to call cps and was looking for help from adults who could investigate for themselves. That dont seem like trying to threaten parents at all. So far all the children seemed scared of the women... when you threaten someone you are not fearful

IMO

For those speculating that this was a family annihilator type case and only one must've made the choice, there are plenty of cases where families take themselves out because they are paranoid or think the authorities or someone else is coming or for various reason:

Grandmother and mother killed twin daughters and then themselves after the court granted temporary custody to an aunt:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oc...or-grandmother-likely-killed-4-in-talega/amp/

And entire family of adults committed suicide together after dressing in black and taking Vicodin. No known motive. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oc...nte-family-determined-to-be-suicide-pact/amp/

Parents in Canada try to kill them selves and kill their kids (one parent survived) after experiencing financial and other problems. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...n-parents-suicide-pact-police/article1146079/

A grandmother and father killed themselves and dad's 3 year old after mom filed for full custody. https://www.google.com/amp/myfox8.c...3-year-olds-life-was-pact-between-adults/amp/

I can go on and on. These things happen.

It is interesting to me that people assume Jen was the one who made the decision or was abusing Sarah or was the narcissist in the family or was the abusive parent. And not Sarah.

Sarah is younger and more feminine and sweet looking. Other than that I see zero reason for such conclusions. Sarah is the one who pled guilty to child abuse. She lived in that house. She participated in the glossy videos and lovely photo ops. She went with the entire family to the neighbors to try to defuse the situation. She participated in the carefully timed moves everytime there was an allegation of abuse. She was the honeschooling mom who admitted
to a friend to not being able to cope.

There is zero indication she was a hapless victim to Jen.

I believe both these adults are and were responsible for what happened to these kids before they died and how they died. I believe, based on my personal experiences and a viewing of the facts and snippets of their lives we've seen from photos, videos, friends and neighbor accounts, news articles, and their countless "fans" that both were equally passionately concerned about about appearance and could not withstand the possibility of their children being taken and the facade crumbling.

Wait, so now they're saying the parents WERE NOT wearing seatbelts? What is the deal?

"Information released ... by the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office incorrectly stated that Jennifer Hart and Sarah Hart were wearing a seat-belt during the incident," the sheriff's office said in a news release. "Investigators from the California Highway Patrol ... determined Jennifer Hart and Sarah Hart were not wearing seat-belts during the incident."

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/04/sheriff_backtracks_now_says_ne.html

I want to say we hear the word spanking but this was no tap on the butt.This child was held over a bathtub and beaten which led to severe bruising.She pled guiltyThis is FACT.

To be clear, I think these moms weren't good parents. A felony child abuse conviction and driving your kids off a cliff tell me that. I just think it's odd the things people are picking apart as being abnormal.

I get why you think that. The thing is, this story is freaky: a beautiful family that, on the outside at least, looks so incredibly sweet and lovely, drives right the heck off a cliff. It's beyond horrifying. There is something in us that wants to make a plausible story, to make *sense* of this extremely troubling event. And we've only been given dribs and drabs of actual information. So yeah, we're grasping at straws. It's kind of what drives Websleuths. If we could only ever discuss actual proven facts, there wouldn't be much to say. (In a happy context, the kids' thinness wouldn't be mentioned or even noticed. But knowing how the story ends, it can definitely be an ominous sign.)

Something about this is whole story is really bothering me. It's an obvious assumption to blame the parents. However, even though there were allegations of child abuse, there was no real proof of the parents withholding food and the like. People are questioning "marks on the legs" of one of the children, when active kids have scrapes and bumps all of the time. The kids don't look malnourished to me, not even a little bit. Thin, yes, but kids that are active and eat healthy foods tend to be, as several mothers here have attested (not to mention the fact that they were very likely small to begin with, having not been nourished properly as babies). And I may be old, but how many times has a parent said "Green beans are what's for dinner. Don't like them, don't eat." My wife tells a story that they laugh about now, about how her daughter (around 8 years old, in the mid 80's) went to the neighbors house saying she was starving because her mother wouldn't feed her. In reality, her mother just had enough of the kid's bs and told her to eat the da*m meatloaf or starve. Obviously, she was not starving her children, but back then the neighbor marched the daughter right home and asked my wife what the heck was going on. That minute. And of course found a full course meal on the table, just something the kid didn't like. I am not blaming the children for the tragedy, but I am concerned to see all of the finger pointing at the moms right out of the gate. These kids were by all accounts troubled young people when they came into the Hart home. Is it not a stretch to wonder if, as a group or one or two of them together, perhaps were just not liking Mom's rules and set out to get them in trouble (i.e., telling neighbors they were not being fed, etc.). I have also heard a million times of kids threatening to "Call CPS" on perfectly normal everyday parents when a rule is set that they don't like. Stranger things have happened, certainly. I would like to give the parents at least some semblance of benefit of doubt before rushing to assume anything. Yes, one parent did state that she went overboard in spanking once, but that, to me, doesn't lead to 1.) horrible mistreatment and 2.) deliberate murder.

Did you read the timeline of abuse reports? I know many mothers with kids that haven’t been that easy and have been a challenge even my own boys were difficult as youngsters and being a young single parent raising them was not easy. They turned out well with great careers so I did something right. These women had a pattern of abuse that’s why she plead GUILTY. Most parents don’t plead guilty if they actually fell. it’s a crime to abuse the kids. They should have taken the kids after first why they allowed to keep after second report is beyond me. They would be alive today. As usual CPS failed again.

My point being not one time has CPS come to my house or any of my friends with difficult kids for beating our children, putting their head under water or running to a neighbors house wrapped in a blanket scared to death of their Mom and continually going to a neighbors being hungry for food. I’m sick of people saying they had thin, skinny kids and were well fed. What’s your point? These kids were being withheld food for punishment. Were your kids going to your neighbors daily asking for food because they were hungry and food being withheld??? I was skinny tall, lanky and thin ate everything in sight never got fat no matter how much I ate but I was not hungry I was fed well. I modeled for magazines in my teens so being thin paid off. I WAS NOT GOING TO NEIGHBORS ASKING FOR FOOD BECAUSE I WAS HUNRY. That’s the difference. Starving the kids (ABUSE) is the Felony LE is referring to before they went off the cliff.

This is a victim friendly website quit questioning the kids hunger and thinness!

I found this copied post by Jen Hart on Facebook
💜Here’s an ominous message that Jen Hart wrote on her fb page last summer...after their ‘Hug Seen Around The World’ notoriety and challenges. This is a glimpse of their experience...

“I unplugged from Facebook for over half of this year. I've had to change my/our phone number(s) twice. I've steered clear of public settings for the most part. Rather than answering the floods of messages like: Where have you been? Why haven't you responded to my texts? Etc - I'll try and address SOME of the things that led to the disconnect.

This. Year. Slammed. Us. Hard. It was as if we were continuously seeing this "Proceed No Further" sign showing up in a myriad of ways.

Extremely simplified explanation:
Loss of a friend
Loss of 5 animals(2 in the last month)
Serious stalking and threats of violence towards me and my family
Robbed/vandalism
Cancer
3 job transfers(Sarah)
Several other very challenging medical diagnosis
Surgery

Sarah: rear ended in a car accident. Totaled
Discrimination from the government & insurance companies - which nearly led to homelessness weeks before closing on our home. Yeah. This is still a thing that happens. Thanks to my wife for being a badass superhero along side of me to combat this bs.

*All of this while home hunting non stop for over a year.

*All of this during an already very terrifying time in this country (and Portland...holy ****)

*All of this while trying to be supportive and loving wife whilst raising 6 teenagers.

So, where have I(we) been?
SELF CARE, y'all. I've been taking care of myself and my family. Our safety, emotional and physical health are always the absolute most important things. Period. Releasing the expectations to show up here or elsewhere was vital in my own healing. I am no service to others if my tank is empty.

What do we need? What we need is loving understanding that there is a lot going on, and that we are working on putting our lives back together now that we've finally purchased our new home/land. Time. Trust building. Time. Trust building. TIME. We've been fighting the good fight always - just a little more behind the scenes than usual.

What we don't need:
-pity or sorrow for these struggles
-guilt trips for not meeting your expectations
-pressure of any kind.

We've embarked on an incredible new journey up on some beautiful land in Washington. After over 4 1/2 years in the PNW, we finally feel at HOME. We're looking forward to sharing it with everyone... when the time is right.

Big💓Love

Oh - and if you still have our old phone numbers, please don't text or call them anymore...unless you like really colorful language from strangers.😆”

- Jen Hart, June 2017

Annnnnnnd, rather than sending them to school, providing education for six children. Um hm.

I've been thinking the same thing (and I know other people are too). Family annihilators kill their family first, and that makes it MUCH easier to kill themselves. Once you kill your kids, your life is over and done. I would guess that driving that truck over the cliff would be a relief if you're dealing with having already killed some of them.

The fact that none of the kids had seatbelts on---creeps me out. I saw a photo of the kids in happier times in the same SUV. They had seatbelts on.

Wait, so now they're saying the parents WERE NOT wearing seatbelts? What is the deal?

"Information released ... by the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office incorrectly stated that Jennifer Hart and Sarah Hart were wearing a seat-belt during the incident," the sheriff's office said in a news release. "Investigators from the California Highway Patrol ... determined Jennifer Hart and Sarah Hart were not wearing seat-belts during the incident."

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/04/sheriff_backtracks_now_says_ne.html

Odd!! How would that false info come about??

Yikes! "Your taxes?" So no hippie families work? They all accept government assistance? (Gee, no wonder there is such a stigma still about those who do...no wonder people try to disguise their SNAP cards at checkout).

We know what has been reported. However, we don't have official confirmation that the children were indeed being literally starved. I've worked with kiddos who were adopted, had RAD, had eating issues, and could eat an entire bag of 32 string cheeses, and two minutes later be very convincingly telling someone they were starving.

I'm not saying it's not true, or telling others how to post.... just that...perhaps we can try to keep sweeping generalizations out of it, maybe?

One of my kids (all bio same father) is built like him, she is large boned and “chunky” no matter how much exercise she gets. The other four are thin. She has never in her life had food withheld except a second serving of cookies and we always have a fully stocked kitchen but at 5 years old she would eat a full meal and come back to the kitchen begging for more food 10 minutes later, crying like she hadn’t been fed in days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From your link...

That detail could prove important as investigators work to determine whether the crash, which killed both women and three of their adopted children, was an accident or an intentional act. A search continues for their other three adopted children, who remain missing but are thought to have been in the vehicle.

On Wednesday night, however, Mendocino County Sheriff Tom Allman, whose agency is heading up the investigation into the crash, said in the most definitive terms to date that he believes the crash was intentional.

"I'm to the point where I'm no longer calling this an accident, I'm calling it a crime," he told HLN's Ashleigh Banfield.

BANFIELD: First, the pieces are starting to come together tonight for the investigators who had been desperate to figure out how that family flew off that cliff in California and whether it was on purpose. Three kids and their moms were found dead and three other kids are still missing tonight. And this has now been over a week. The searchers are still scanning that crash site today. But tonight we have an idea of exactly where they were and what they were up to just before that road trip ended in tragedy.

Because one of the moms was caught on camera right here at this California check-out counter seemingly buying fruit snacks for her kids, the very
morning they went off that cliff. And based on apparent pings from cell phones, investigators have laid out a massive part of their travel route. They think the family or at least five member of that Washington family drove down south from a town in Oregon, hundreds of miles down the coast to a town in California, where they spent about 24 mysterious hours.

After that, the drive continued straight to that cliff-like pull out where they may have stopped 70 feet before taking that plunge. With me, Shane Kavanaugh, staff writer for the Oregonian, Mendocino County Sheriff Tom Allman and defense attorney, Randy Zelin. Sheriff, I want to begin with you. We are starting to get at least a picture of where these family was before this horrible accident. Is that helping you in any way to figure out why the accident happened and where those three missing kids are?

SHERIFF TOM ALLMAN, MENDOCINO COUNTY SHERIFF`S OFFICE: Well, it certainly helping us determine the route. I`m to the point where I am no longer calling this an accident. I`m calling it a crime. And we -- the fact that the grocery store did have her own video buying multiple fruit pieces, multiple bananas, it all leads us to believe that she was at least buying some food for her family. And Ashleigh, we haven`t released the name of the driver, but I`m prepared to do that. I just got to a phone with the CHP commander and Jennifer, the same woman that was in the video from the grocery store is the woman that we believe was driving the vehicle when it crashed.

BANFIELD: Sheriff, that is so distressing on so many levels. Jennifer Hart, the driver also pictured here in the super market, who would know? I mean, who would think anything looking at this picture and it just seems so normal. A mom buying bananas for the kids and getting back into the SUV.

Can I ask you, do we know this, because they were found strapped in those seatbelts in the crash site?

ALLMAN: That is correct. The two adults were seat belted and the children were not seat belted in.

BANFIELD: I know this is going to be a difficult question to answer, because the forensics obviously take time, but is there any indication that there was a struggle between Sarah in the passenger seat and Jennifer in the driver`s seat?

ALLMAN: We asked that question from our pathologist, but we haven`t got the result, but there is many other questions we are asking, you know, was everybody alive when they went off the cliff? That`s the question we don`t know yet. So, these are all pieces that are coming together. Today a citizen found a cell phone in the area, alongside the road that we -- that had been wet. We sent it in for forensics to see if we can determine that was one of the Hart`s cell phone.

And also a citizen reported several miles south of this location, like in the area of 30 or 40 miles south seem something in the ocean that looked like it had clothes on it. We had dive teams in the water immediately. And we are rushing to find out what we can, because, Ashleigh, we have a storm coming in to the Pacific Coast right now, in the next five days, we expect to get between five to seven inches of rain and we are going to have some high waves. So we are doing everything we can, we have over 80 searchers out there today to follow-up any lead we have and to get as much information as we can before the storm hits.

BANFIELD: So, Sheriff, the storm is coming, that is definitely a huge difficulty as though you don`t already have a huge difficulty with that roiling surf and those sea patterns as well. But I am learning at the search area has gone south of the crash area and you tell me if I`m wrong here, but from Nao Harbor the --

ALLMAN: MacKerricher State Park, yes.

BANFIELD: OK so, tell me about why that is the zone of interest now.

ALLMAN: Because we are looking at the ocean flows and we are looking at where the waves were going and the time that is come in. This time has happened, it`s been a week and a day since they were found, it could had been a week and two days since the car went over, because we still don`t have an exact time that when the car went over the cliff. So, we are looking on that, we are still hoping that there is going to be a citizen out there that remembers seeing them at a gas station or someplace.

Thank goodness for the grocery store video. It certainly allowed us to get some more information on that. We are hoping that someone saw something. This is a very unique family. It takes much more than one tank of gas to get from Portland down to my county. So, I know they stopped somewhere and I`m hoping someone says, yes, I remember seeing that family and we haven`t got any credit card information yet, but we are still searching.

BANFIELD: The credit card information will likely yield something if it does comes in at all. I mean, who knows that they were using them, but there she was at the check-out. And like I said before, yes, they are unusual, Sheriff, but my god, that scene is so typical for a morning where a mom is at a super market buying bananas. Just nothing stands out about that. Let me put up those numbers real quickly in case anybody watching right now is peeked by this image or is peek by this, the vehicle that they were driving. By the way, that vehicle is a -- a GMC Yukon. It`s big. You know, it`s a big old SUV. It`s not your typical -- it`s just, you know, it`s the same like a suburban, they are huge, there are seven passengers often, it was greyish in color. This one is a replica. The one that they were driving had black rims. That also stands out. Beveled, silver-ish grey SUV with black rims. That stands out, especially if you got potentially three to six kids in the back and two moms. Here are the numbers Sheriff, I am putting up on the screen, two different ways that you can call. If you want to talk to somebody about what you saw, 707-463-4086, but if you just want to be anonymous and leave a tip, 707-234-21000 and Sheriff to the tip, I understand that they have been really coming in. Am I right? 50-ish?

ALLMAN: We have a little less than 50. Some of them have been a wild goose chase, you know, and some of them are psychic and so forth that law enforcement always gets when this situations occur, but we are trying to prioritize and follow-up the most credible tips possible. And I`m very comfortable that the lieutenant I have in charge in this is doing the right way of prioritizing.

BANFIELD: So real quickly, just a bit to the -- to the trek that we have now been able to pinpoint on a map since I spoke with you, you know, just, you know, a matter of -- was it yesterday or the day before --

ALLMAN: It is.

BANFIELD: -- two days ago. So in the last two days since we spoke with you, we have at least been able to do these pinpoints on the map from Newport up in Oregon down the coast all the way to Fort Bragg with a stop in between, right. Where was the -- no, the stop was at Fort Bragg for about 24 hours from Saturday, March 24th, 8:00 p.m. to Sunday, March 25th at 9:00 p.m. So they spent a fair amount of time in Fort Bragg. Anybody in that area, you know, you might have noticed this unusual family, this modern family, this vehicle. But does that route tell you anything? These -- that is 400 miles or so isn`t it?

ALLMAN: Well, and what`s really strange here Ashleigh is, after Fort Bragg, they actually drove north 30 miles before the accident occurred.

BANFIELD: So, what does that tell you? That is a very strange sort of pattern.

ALLMAN: As I said two days ago, there are many questions on this that we are never going to have answered. We are searching and we`re trying to come up with clues, because there are families and there`s neighbors, there are loved ones who say, really and truly what happened. And law enforcement here obvious to get these answers through them, and we still have other calls that we are handling, you know, I`m so thankful that we have the volunteer firemen who got involved and the first responders we pulled the bodies out. I`m very appreciative. We still have other calls that we are working on and we have a cohesive team right and we are trying to just take care of everything the way it happens.

BANFIELD: So you are looking into that cellphone that was found, you are following up on that tip of the witness who said, he or she saw clothing floating in the water, correct?

[18:10:00] ALLMAN: Correct, that`s correct.

BANFIELD: Nothing concrete there though right?

ALLMAN: Correct.

BANFIELD: So, don`t go anywhere. Sheriff if you can, I want to bring Shane Kavanaugh into the story, because there`s this whole other aspect to this mystery and that was, what was happening before that route was plotted on the map. And there was a lot happening, Shane, there`s material from 2008, there`s material from 2010, 2011 all having to do with domestic violence. Can you just sort out for me, what we know?

SHANE KAVANAUGH, STAFF WRITER, THE OREGONIAN: Yes, absolutely, Ashleigh. Back in -- we have been able to uncover police reports in Minnesota where the family lived a number of years ago. Abuse allegation reports investigate by police going back to 2008, where one of the Hart`s children had said that their mother, Jennifer, had struck her with a belt, causing a pretty sizable bruise on her arm, at that time --

BANFIELD: Shane -- Shane, that is Jennifer. Jennifer has now been -- it`s just been released by the sheriff, if anyone is just joining us, It has now been determined Jennifer is the driver. Jennifer is the driver, who took that SUV off of the cliff. So you are saying the 2008 acquisition from little Hannah, then 6 years old was about Jennifer?

KAVANAUGH: Correct. And I will also point out there was a second abuse investigation in 2010 by Abigail --

BANFIELD: Wow.

KAVANAUGH: -- another daughter who is also 6 in 2010. This one was more perplexing, because Abigail had told authorities that she was struck by her mother, Jennifer. Again, same mother. And submerged under cold water as punishment for misbehaving. However, Jennifer`s wife, Sarah ultimately said that she was responsible for the abuse and she was ultimately convicted of a crime in 2011.

BANFIELD: Interesting. Abigail said that it was Jennifer who did it again and Jennifer is the driver who went off the cliff. And we are now -- the Sheriff said, it is not an accident, it is now an intentional, he believes this was a crime, but Sarah took the hit for it, Sarah took the wrath, she pleaded to it, correct? On the probation agreement?

KAVANAUGH: Correct. Sarah pleaded guilty in 2011 to misdemeanor domestic abuse.

BANFIELD: And there is something else here. Something else in the whole other jurisdiction. You just recounted the 2011 -- 2010-2011 incident, then in 2013, they appeared to have moved from Minnesota to Westland, Oregon and no stranger to the police in Westland, Oregon either, they said they got some kind of a referral from the Oregon Department of Human Services. Do you know any about that?

KAVANAUGH: Yes, what it appears is that a friend of the family in 2013 filed a report with child protective services in Oregon, because they were concerned about the way in which the children were being treated and was concerned that the children might had been denied food as a form of punishment which is something that came up later on as well as a frequent form of alleged punishment to these children`s face.

BANFIELD: Extremely distressing, but I mean, clearly Shane, we are seeing a pattern here. 2008 abuse from a child who was 6. 2010 and 2011, Abigail, another child who is 6, reporting abuse, again the same mom, Jennifer. Factoring in both of these stories, Jennifer, Sheriff now confirming at the wheel of the -- I guess is it fair to say the murder vehicle, Sheriff at this point?

ALLMAN: Certainly the vehicle was used in a crime and I am going to be -- having our district attorney review everything we have, when all the paper works comes in, before I am going to call it a murder, but I think, that you are on the right track, Ashleigh.

BANFIELD: I want to put up that tip line just before we go to break again, 707-463-4086 for people who want to talk to dispatch and explain something, those who want to leave an anonymous tip, don`t want to have anything to do with it, fine. It is just important to get the information that no tip is too small, 707-234-2100 and Sheriff, let`s hope that those tips go from 50 to a higher and maybe more solid number that yields actual information that you can actually act on and put more pieces of the puzzle together. And we will check in with you as well. Sheriff Tom Allman, thank you.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1804/04/ptab.01.html

For those speculating that this was a family annihilator type case and only one must've made the choice, there are plenty of cases where families take themselves out because they are paranoid or think the authorities or someone else is coming or for various reason:

Grandmother and mother killed twin daughters and then themselves after the court granted temporary custody to an aunt:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oc...or-grandmother-likely-killed-4-in-talega/amp/

And entire family of adults committed suicide together after dressing in black and taking Vicodin. No known motive. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oc...nte-family-determined-to-be-suicide-pact/amp/

Parents in Canada try to kill them selves and kill their kids (one parent survived) after experiencing financial and other problems. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...n-parents-suicide-pact-police/article1146079/

A grandmother and father killed themselves and dad's 3 year old after mom filed for full custody. https://www.google.com/amp/myfox8.c...3-year-olds-life-was-pact-between-adults/amp/

I can go on and on. These things happen.

It is interesting to me that people assume Jen was the one who made the decision or was abusing Sarah or was the narcissist in the family or was the abusive parent. And not Sarah.

Sarah is younger and more feminine and sweet looking. Other than that I see zero reason for such conclusions. Sarah is the one who pled guilty to child abuse. She lived in that house. She participated in the glossy videos and lovely photo ops. She went with the entire family to the neighbors to try to defuse the situation. She participated in the carefully timed moves everytime there was an allegation of abuse. She was the honeschooling mom who admitted
to a friend to not being able to cope.

There is zero indication she was a hapless victim to Jen.

I believe both these adults are and were responsible for what happened to these kids before they died and how they died. I believe, based on my personal experiences and a viewing of the facts and snippets of their lives we've seen from photos, videos, friends and neighbor accounts, news articles, and their countless "fans" that both were equally passionately concerned about about appearance and could not withstand the possibility of their children being taken and the facade crumbling.

Sarah admitted feeling overwhelmed. Has a degree in early childhood education. Worked at Herbergers and Kohl's. Pled guilty to abuse the child victim accused Jen of inflicting. The 2008 unsubstantiated belt abuse was reported by the victim to be at Jen's hand. Jen stays home and views the world from behind her camera lens, presenting the family in her mind. Imo.

I can't keep their physical characteristics straight in my mind. If I had to pick, I'd say Sarah looks the part to me for no good darn reason and that is why my brain insists on confusing the two? He'll, I might have confused them above but I've checked and double checked.

Why did they release any info at all at the beginning when it's all wrong? They need a new spokesperson. How frustrating.

These children look fine, imo. In fact, they look much like my generation, before Mickey D.

And some of my favorite musicians, like Jimi Hendrix were so small in stature.

Do I wonder about their diet, yeah. Because I think kids need (xy&z ) to be their best. But that is not for me to judge.

When I look up malnurished children on the Internet for comparison, the difference is shocking.

Are you freaking kidding me. They all look like a bag of bones compared to some of the other photos. Look how big Devonte head looks compared to the rest of him. Look at Markis skinny neck and how baggy the shirt is you can tell how skinny he is. All the others look very skinny. You have to compare the earlier photos. They are thinner and thinner as time goes on.

I will say this again and again. Were your thin kids going hungry that they had to go to neighbors asking for food. The state and federal government was giving these women good money to properly provide food for these children.

What about the first point though. Would he have left a stay-at-home you and the kids behind to go job hunting in person? I'm genuinely asking, not being snarky. Maybe that is the best way to job hunt for some things? eta...Maybe Jen took short trips back and forth. You have good points to consider.

Unless you are in some sort of specialty type career level most companies will not look at out of state applications nor pay relocation. Since she was in retail it was unlikely she would be able to apply for a job while out of state and be hired. That's actually one of the first tips they give to job seekers that are in administration/retail/other general skills careers. You have to use a local address on your resume (like a friend or family member) and pay to get there for interviews or move there first then find a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280