CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine living 45 years with a man and then finding this out? I feel sorry for her, his family and all of the survivors and victims families. I'm glad he's been caught.

Wow. So he was possibly married at the time he committed these heinous crimes. Mind-boggling. LE was probably looking for the troubled loner, not the guy next door. Just chilling.

Wow. So he was possibly married at the time he committed these heinous crimes. Mind-boggling. LE was probably looking for the troubled loner, not the guy next door. Just chilling.

It would be interesting to compare the FBI's profile of the offender (I assume there is one) with what comes out about this character. How accurate was it, and in what respects did they get it wrong?

Ironic. Something as stupid as shoplifting tripped him up. Bag of hammers indeed.

Holy Crikeys!! I can't believe it! I'm still waiting for someone to say 'April Fools' or something. I had had an increasing feeling after the TV series that this guy definitely had exposure to military/police tactics and was to controlled to be a teenager. So much makes sense now...WOW!!! So glad for Jane and the other victims ...Hoping for a DNA confirmation soon......
I believe they got his DNA surreptitiously and confirmed before an arrest was made.
They KNOW it's him.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In later years after behavioral profiling got better, I bet they started looking for someone like him.
I wonder how many attacks occurred when he was angry with his wife?

HLN covering, presser in 15 minutes.

FBI Evidence Response Team at residence.

It would be interesting to compare the FBI's profile of the offender (I assume there is one) with what comes out about this character. How accurate was it, and in what respects did they get it wrong?

The'll probably publish a report that said that from the start they were looking for an ex law enforcement officer with a background in construction and maybe a navy stint, but who was caught shoplifting dog repellent and a hammer. Oh and also dated someone named Bonnie.

Will be fascinating to learn about the relationship/dynamic this sob had/has with his wife and children, especially if they are daughters.

I think the odds of him being the Visalia Ransacker just went up too, since it appears that he worked as a police officer in Exeter, which is very close to Visalia. I always thought that EAR and the VR were one and the same, but I also thought that the VR was a college student in Visalia at the time. I guess I was wrong on that one. But then, I also speculated that he was much younger than he obviously was (I thought he would have been about 18-20 in 1974. In fact, he was almost 10 years older).

Just popping in to say OMG!!!

Awaiting presser — 8 more minutes.

omg this is astounding, after all this years.

PC setting up now

James Huddle, whose sister married Joseph James DeAngelo, did not know DeAngelo had been arrested in the serial killer case until speaking with an Oxygen.com reporter.

He described Deangelo, a 72-year-old former police officer, as a "good father" who was into guns and ammunition as a hobby. He said Deangelo and his wife raised three daughters, and were separated at some point.

Huddle recalled Deangelo once casually bringing up the East Area Rapist case in the early 1970s.

"He actually asked me about it once," Huddle told Oxygen.com. "He said, 'What do you think of that East Area Rapist? What would you do, Jim?'"

Huddle said he told Deangelo that he'd attack the rapist if he caught him.

The case "was a big deal at the time," Huddle said. "We were all concerned about our families."

He said Deangelo never again mentioned the case.

http://www.oxygen.com/joseph-james-deangelo-golden-state-killer-relative-rapes?amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419