CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read ?somewhere? about a job link between JJD and some type of auto repair business (suggesting JJD worked at such a place). Anyone else remember this or have a credible source?

I found this printed article from Sacramento Magazine in 2003. Pretty interesting tid bits I had never heard of. They had some skin tissue on the shoelaces found at the Maggiore murders. Couldn’t use it back then but I wonder if with newer technology they were able to match him to the shoelace. It also has some quotes from some of the original investigators about the lack of communication between departments within the Sac Sheriff’s Department and other outside LE agencies.

http://www.sacmag.com/Sacramento-Magazine/July-2016/Unsolved-Mystery-Revisited/
I think they got DNA off those laces which he dropped at the scene and that is how he is tied to the Maggiore murders.

Couple of questions if anyone knows regarding Det. Holes.
What year did Det. Holes begin working as a detective?
In what jurisdiction did he work in? Was it a jurisdiction now associated with JJD?
Was he assigned to just one case and so which one?
Did he also work on modern crimes as he worked on what we now know as JJD related?
Was he always employed by a department or was he a freelance detective?

That's more than a couple. All I know is he was a DA in Contra Costa County and just retired AFAICR.

The press seems to be just recycling the same stories. Quoting each other’s reports, with an occasional new quote from Holes at CrimeCon. I wish they would dig more into the unknowns. Like...
- was he working from 1979-1991? Where?
- what was his connection to SoCal?
- what was he like as a child?

Surely there are people who knew him during all these times.

MOO
His wife and other relatives will know and I am sure they will have cooperated . It will come out eventually - we just have to be patient.
:cow:

He would exit the back of the house jump fences, go down a creek and go to his car, but if he had a set of Chinaware, I think he took it when he was casing the place they just weren't aware until after the crime or he he had a driver pick him up much closer to the house.
Or he stashed it somewhere close then came back.

He would exit the back of the house jump fences, go down a creek and go to his car, but if he had a set of Chinaware, I think he took it when he was casing the place they just weren't aware until after the crime or he he had a driver pick him up much closer to the house.

THAT makes sense. If you didn't know anyone had been in the house, you wouldn't go checking on the china/jewelry/whatever. Then after he returned for the "event" everything would be checked.

The press seems to be just recycling the same stories. Quoting each other’s reports, with an occasional new quote from Holes at CrimeCon. I wish they would dig more into the unknowns. Like...
- was he working from 1979-1991? Where?
- what was his connection to SoCal?
- what was he like as a child?

Surely there are people who knew him during all these times.

MOO

I'm wondering if JDD may have lived in Florida prior to moving to CA when he was apparently in high school? The Florida Divorce index shows a divorce record from Lake Co., FL from 1964. If these are JDD's bio parents, then a few letters were dropped from his mother's maiden name. which could have been a transcription error. I don't know, but maybe JDD has some school history in Florida prior to moving to California?.

Ugg - it wouldn't let me paste the information on the divorce here, but the details are:

Spouse: Kathleen Deg
Spouse: Joseph J. DeAngelo
Divorce Date: September 1964
Divorce Place: Lake County, FL
Cert# 18888

His mother remarried on February 6, 1965 in Tulare, California. His stepfather was from Los Angeles, CA.

Also there was some discussion about whether DeAngelo was Catholic. His parents married in a Baptist Church.

I guess no one is talking yet! There have been a few neighbors said he was awful but no one from childhood yet.

If the man himself is 72, I'm wondering how many neighbors are left who could report accurately about his early years?

If the man himself is 72, I'm wondering how many neighbors are left who could report accurately about his early years?

Well, my mother is 75 and is of sound mind and body. My step father is 85 and is also of sound mind, if not body. While they may not recall details of any random day back in the late 70s, I am certain they would have some memories about their neighbors from that time period.

There are plenty of people in their 70s that are quite healthy. The press can’t find anyone who knew him in the 80s? Maybe they don’t recall where he worked, but surely they would know WHETHER he worked, and possibly what type of work he did.

I don’t expect to hear from immediate family, as I’m sure they want their privacy, although there was an article with comments from JJD’s sister, and his wife’s brother.

MOO

I'm wondering if JDD may have lived in Florida prior to moving to CA when he was apparently in high school? The Florida Divorce index shows a divorce record from Lake Co., FL from 1964. If these are JDD's bio parents, then a few letters were dropped from his mother's maiden name. which could have been a transcription error. I don't know, but maybe JDD has some school history in Florida prior to moving to California?.

Ugg - it wouldn't let me paste the information on the divorce here, but the details are:

Spouse: Kathleen Deg
Spouse: Joseph J. DeAngelo
Divorce Date: September 1964
Divorce Place: Lake County, FL
Cert# 18888

His mother remarried on February 6, 1965 in Tulare, California. His stepfather was from Los Angeles, CA.

Also there was some discussion about whether DeAngelo was Catholic. His parents married in a Baptist Church.
I thought JJD was living in CA around 9th grade. But Sr could have been stationed in FL. There was an Army Air base in Orlando. Is it possible that is why he dropped out of high school and got a GRD?

How do you get that much china out after a rape and not be noticed. 14 place settings is a lot. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know they said that the China he stole was a 14 piece set they just purchased, but have they said he stole it all? Or did he steal a piece or 2 of the 14 piece set?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I thought JJD was living in CA around 9th grade. But Sr could have been stationed in FL. There was an Army Air base in Orlando. Is it possible that is why he dropped out of high school and got a GRD?

I'm wondering why he dropped out of high school as he did go on to get his GED and then earned a Bachelors. If these are indeed his parents who divorced and their divorce was in Sept. 1964 (not confirmed) and his mother remarried in February 1965 (confirmed), that would be a very fast turn-around and if there was a cross country move thrown into the midst, and a new school, that would be a lot for any teenager to absorb.

I can't confirm that this is the divorce record of JDD's parents, but it could be. I did read an article when the story first broke that someone who knew JDD in Exeter reported that JDD moved to California with his stepfather and his mother while in high school. I could try to locate that article if you wish and post it here.

ETA: I found the article - see #4. The son of his stepfather's employer is one who is quoted stating JDD moved to Auburn. CA with his mother and stepfather when he was in high school. I've seen a picture of his senior picture from Folsom High. This article states that he graduated from Folsom, but other sources say he received a GED.
https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/joseph-deangelo-mother-father-kathleen-bosanko/

I know they said that the China he stole was a 14 piece set they just purchased, but have they said he stole it all? Or did he steal a piece or 2 of the 14 piece set?

According to Dixiegirl's post it was the entire set, including serving dishes.

attachment.php

Screenshot of HLN special on tv. It says it was a service for 14 including serving dishes. 14 karat gold edge with blue flowers. Packed in China preserving cases.

Same here plus Holes has been wrong in the past. He didn’t think EAR/ONS was the VR until the day of his arrest. I give him credit for all the years of work he did but am a bit taken aback by all his interviews and now a book deal. A little too much and much too soon, IMO of course.
don't forget LE does not always say what they actually think.. sometimes they say things in a public forum to try and elicit a reaction from a suspect or witness.... here you have a guy who's clammed up, not talking, maybe if they poke him a bit it'll loosen his tongue or they believe there is a witness out there that may know something but is not talking.. so they say hey he might had an accomplice, suddenly that witness thinks uh oh they might think i actually helped this guy i better get in there and set the record straight. take those types or remarks with a grain of salt, smart cops know how to work the media to their advantage...

According to Dixiegirl's post it was the entire set, including serving dishes.
And the flatware case, too!!!! What the actual hell. He's nuttier than a fruit cake.

“Well, why would a rational, reasoning person set himself up for blackmail like that?”

Do you consider serial rapists and killers rational?
not sure if rational is the word but he did commit all those rapes and the murders , add in the Visalia burglaries without being caught for over 40 years... he may not be rational but he's certainly not irrational nor does he make many mistakes... if not for a fluke chance a distant family member loaded his DNA to the only website LE could legally access he'd still be in his front yard yelling at his neighbors today

http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/go...ct-joseph-deangelo-nicknamed-junkfood-joe-cop
One of the Golden State Killer’s many creepy trademarks? Raiding his victims’ fridges.

“He also used to eat their junk food and their snacks and be really messy about it,” Pilleri said.

Why would someone do that?
“It’s Paul Haynes’ theory that the psychological torment, staying in someone’s house, eating their food, that was the primary thing that he got off on,” Reenstierna said. “The rape and the murder was secondary. He really got off more on invading people’s privacy. He was a close talker as well.”

The Golden State Killer (also dubbed the East Area Rapist) is thought to be a space invader who enjoyed making people uncomfortable, Pilleri said.

don't forget LE does not always say what they actually think.. sometimes they say things in a public forum to try and elicit a reaction from a suspect or witness.... here you have a guy who's clammed up, not talking, maybe if they poke him a bit it'll loosen his tongue or they believe there is a witness out there that may know something but is not talking.. so they say hey he might had an accomplice, suddenly that witness thinks uh oh they might think i actually helped this guy i better get in there and set the record straight. take those types or remarks with a grain of salt, smart cops know how to work the media to their advantage...

It has occurred to me that Paul Holes might be putting on a road show of sorts, trying to "poke" at JJD to in an attempt to get him to talk. The best case scenario for any murder case is a confession.

I think it would be a good strategy. If JJD knew the guy who came up with the method that identified him as the GSK, was now off into retirement and was having a great time becoming a celebrity and was about to also become very rich, maybe that might be enough of a poke to get a reaction out of JDD and he starts to talk.

And then again, things may really be what they appear to be.

I guess it's hard for me to wrap my head around it. Not sure how going through a divorce would be worse than staying legally bound to someone you cannot stand.
Many people are in marriages involving things a lot more unbearable than just not liking the other person. My use of the word "discomfort" wasn't well chosen in my post, especially after using "tumultuous" the sentence before. Tumultuous can mean many things, but in this situation it sounds like it probably meant a relationship involving two people who had anger control issues (at the very least) and at least one who had numerous other self-control issues, several involving violence. This isn't the typical couple I see who remains married after years of separation, but it definitely isn't unheard of.

Every person's situation, motivation, priorities and needs are different. It is very hard to understand someone's perspective and reasoning without knowing each of these things for that person.

Takeaway: none of us have any clue why they never divorced and until we find out new info that sheds more light on it, it's a waste of time and energy to ponder it further.... IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members