CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

Discussion in 'Serial Killers' started by SecretAgentMan, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

RSBM

earonsgsk post

"Attack #37 in Concord on October 7, 1978 - Camera equipment, appliances, utensils, and Chinaware dishes, $4,000.00 of jewelry, and miscellaneous items. This particular burglary is compelling for a couple of reasons. "

But, I don't know if nor how the date and location were verified.

Also, where's the WS media thread? Can someone help me out with a link, please and thanks!

2. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Well-Known Member

You know, every gift he has ever given to someone is going to be viewed differently now that they know about his crimes. :eek:

3. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 I will do it, but I won't like it

Trying to put myself in his wife shoes at this time. I don't know, knowing that the crimes cannot be charged, if I would go into it and let the media know what was or was not in my house that I did not know was stolen at the time. Her reputation has already been marred, and I know we all want it to be resolved and get all the information, but if I were her I don't know if I would open my mouth? I really don't know..

I'm speaking of the burglaries, nothing speaking to anything to do with the murders of course! Anything to do with the murders I would absolutely speak up!

4. SharD

SharD Member

Similarities include;

1. Time of attack was always late night/early morning.
    2. Cut the phone line.
    3. Was armed with a knife AND a gun.
    4. Wore selfmade balaclavas/ski masks.
    5. Had a similar height (5'8-6'0) and are described as white males of about 30-35 years of age.
    6. Calmed victims down initially by "Don't worry, won't hurt you, all I want is your money".
    7. Tied both hands and feet.
    8. Were described as athletic.
    9. Ordered adult victims to lie on their stomachs.
    10. Used a complicated (navy) knot to tie victims.
    11. Blindfolded AND gagged his victims.
    12. Took frequent breaks during the attacks to wander around the house.
    13. Had a habit of making meals during the attack.
    14. Took small, personal souvenirs from the residence.
    15. Did extensive stalking and surveillance months prior to the attack, where both perps posed as joggers.
    16. Attempted to mislead victims by talking to people who were not there.
    17. Used a scripted MO.
    18. Ruthlessly shot and killed victims, execution style, like with Offerman and Cruel's last victim, who were a threat to him.
    19. Did not localize his attacks in a small area.
    20. Used junker cars.
    21. Concentrated attacks in middle and upper class areas.
    22. Appeared to attack quick and methodical, military in planning and execution.
    23. Had extensive knowledge of forensic and LE methods of tracking perps and accumulating evidence.
    24. Were both reported to have bad breath.
    25. Cruel may have mocked his Australian accent, as an American accent most likely stood out like a sore thumb in Melbourne. EAR has been described by victims as sounding "Asian" or "like a black guy", and mocking an accent is not that hard.
    26. Were described as sounding nervous.
    27. Were "softspoken", where it may refer to EAR's high pitched voice.

Dissimilarities include;
    -Cruel did not do hang up phonecalls.
    -Cruel did not call his victims after the assault.
    -Cruel solely targeted young girls, though EAR had tried to -abduct- the -14 year old- daughter of Claude Snelling and was not beyond assaulting a 13 year old girl in her home. I do not think EAR had a specific target. EAR has attacked white people and asians, older people and young girls, couples and single living people. EAR was not like Ted Bundy or GRK who killed the same girl over and over or targeted solely prostitutes. His targets did not matter that much, as long as he could instill fear and terror.

I will also include that we do not know where EAR was between the murder of Janelle Cruz in 1986 and his employment at SaveMart, his call to a victim and the birth of his third daughter in 1991. His home records only go back to 1992.

Just my two coppers.

5. dixiegirl1035

I wish I had a link but it's just my recollection, but in one of the podcast or somewhere that I cannot recall, it was stated that driver's license were searchable by anyone a long time ago during this time.

:moo: ( and for those they were up thread talking about this, m o o means in my opinion, my own opinion, and some of us like to use emoticons of a cow mooing for such!)

6. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

Media Thread:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Killer-Media-Timeline-Photos-*NO-DISCUSSION*

7. dixiegirl1035

I know that law enforcement won't prosecute, and our thirst for knowledge won't be acknowledged, but I really do wish that law enforcement and the media and 48 hours or Dateline or someone would put out there all the stuff that was taken and photographs and descriptions so people could call law enforcement or media and let us know. I really want to know the Paul Harvey, the rest of the story.

ETA.. I really appreciate those that linked to the podcasts on this subject! They are fabulous!

8. GreyClay

GreyClay Active Member

JJD is not Mr Cruel.

I don't think it is an exaggeration to state that various posters have provided links at least a dozen times over in these three EAR threads which emphatically state that any connection has been ruled out.

A few points:

1.) Mr Cruel attacked a dozen victims from 1981 to 1991. JJD did not live in Australia for a decade.
    He was not kidnapping schoolkids in Australia in 1985, and then back in the US murdering Janelle Cruz in 1986, and then back in Australia attacking kids again in 1987.

2.) Mr Cruel was an Australian. He was a local, with extremely detailed knowledge of the Melbourne suburbs as he had likely lived there for decades - in the same way JJD had extensive knowledge of the Rancho Cordova / Citrus Heights region as he grew up there.

Mr Cruel had a house in the suburbs of Melbourne that he took victims to - it was in the flight-path of Tullamarine airport, as described by his victims who heard many planes coming in to land. He kept one victim there for exactly 50 hours. JJD did not own a house in Melbourne.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3.) The police are highly confident that they know who Mr Cruel, they just don't have enough evidence to convict him of the crimes. As mentioned by other posters he took all the victims clothes, forced them to shower extensively etc... to remove all traces of DNA.

Attached Files:

9. heartgoesout

heartgoesout Well-Known Member

Why yes, yes he does...

10. GreyClay

GreyClay Active Member

Also, here are a few quotes from the FBI profile of Mr Cruel:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

http://www.theage.com.au/interactive/2016/fbi.pdf

Mr Cruel and JJD shared a number of traits that all served the purpose of disguising themselves and thus avoiding arrest.

Their personalities and victim selection however are extremely different.

JJD was interested in hurting and terrifying women. Even in the very early EAR attacks he would hurt the women, frequently ''accidentally'' cutting them with knives etc...

BAE / Mr Cruel (in his own sick mind) felt he was not hurting or terrifying, children. BAE / Mr Cruel was described as being extremely gentle and joking around with the girls, who in his warped, deluded mind he thought of as being like his girlfriends for the duration of the attacks..

Attached Files:

11. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This thread is now closed.

Please continue discussion at Thread #4.

12. SharD

SharD Member

We do not know where JJD was between the last attack in 1981 and 1986, then 1986 to 1991. There are no work records or property of him from that time as far as I know. The earliest address of his that I could find was from 1992 and his wife was pregnant in 1986.

Again, not saying it's definetely the same guy.

Good point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.