CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they said that the China he stole was a 14 piece set they just purchased, but have they said he stole it all? Or did he steal a piece or 2 of the 14 piece set?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Brazen. I want to know how he did it. Did he back his car up into the driveway and just load it up? I'm sure he didn't carry it around the block. He sure took a risk of his car being noticed. I agree with the poster who said that he might have committed the burglary before the rape, when he was scoping out the neighborhood. That would make more sense than doing it after a rape. Not that anything in this case makes sense...

:cow:

not sure if rational is the word but he did commit all those rapes and the murders , add in the Visalia burglaries without being caught for over 40 years... he may not be rational but he's certainly not irrational nor does he make many mistakes... if not for a fluke chance a distant family member loaded his DNA to the only website LE could legally access he'd still be in his front yard yelling at his neighbors today

You are so right there.

I have some answers, pretty versed in this field. Don't take my answers as fact though, every Agency works a little different.

Couple of questions if anyone knows regarding Det. Holes.
What year did Det. Holes begin working as a detective? Don't know, usually would take min of 5 yrs to become detective while on force.
In what jurisdiction did he work in? Was it a jurisdiction now associated with JJD? Are you asking about city, county jurisdiction? A California officer Post Certified can work anywhere in state, will normally let local jurisdiction know they are investigating in their area. A police officer has all investigative jurisdiction once completing required courses, small departments may have one officer doing many things. One thing is for certain, a crime must have originated in his jurisdiction to investigate it. Wherever the crime occurred, the local jurisdiction will be lead investigators and control of case, sometimes the feds will have jurisdiction if federal crime i.e., bank robbery, kidnapping, crossing state-lines. Other situation is that small department turns over to county due to complexity of case or ask for assistance, they have better resources.
Was he assigned to just one case and so which one? The answer to this is most likely "no." Department could not afford putting one case to one man, even big departments.
Did he also work on modern crimes as he worked on what we now know as JJD related? Most likely, most detectives are assigned hundreds of cases at one time depending on size of area.
Was he always employed by a department or was he a freelance detective? Pretty sure he worked many cases at one time, never heard of freelance detective. You might be implying working on case on free-time, not being paid.

This is the case (81?) where the husband was in hospital IIRC. Some of these SoCal murders have a medical connection which cannot be ignored. Did JJD know her husband was in hospital because he was a patient himself or was he visiting someone in hospital or maybe even worked there. '81 was when his first daughter was born so perhaps that was why he was attending for his wife's pregnancy or perhaps his non-secretor status? A rare blood group so was he donating blood regularly?

To then make so many phonecalls to relive the experience - the calls must have continued into this millennium. Was that what prevented him from offending after '86, because he relived it by phone?

I don't remember why was he in the hospital?
(The husband)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

His wife and other relatives will know and I am sure they will have cooperated . It will come out eventually - we just have to be patient.

It's hard to be patient. How long is "eventually"? :)

(The husband)

I haven't seen that anywhere. There is a recent article upthread that mentions the phone calls he received for so long afterwards, he had to move.

The press seems to be just recycling the same stories. Quoting each other’s reports, with an occasional new quote from Holes at CrimeCon. I wish they would dig more into the unknowns. Like...
- was he working from 1979-1991? Where?
- what was his connection to SoCal?
- what was he like as a child?

Surely there are people who knew him during all these times.

MOO
Since I was at CrimeCon, so just a few days ago...they were very clear that there are holes in timelines for him, and they are now hoping/counting on the public to be sending in info to help them figure it out. They don't know yet! So, the media can't report what they apparently (?) don't have yet. If anything, they were emphasizing that they need the public/sleuthers to help.

Many people are in marriages involving things a lot more unbearable than just not liking the other person. My use of the word "discomfort" wasn't well chosen in my post, especially after using "tumultuous" the sentence before. Tumultuous can mean many things, but in this situation it sounds like it probably meant a relationship involving two people who had anger control issues (at the very least) and at least one who had numerous other self-control issues, several involving violence. This isn't the typical couple I see who remains married after years of separation, but it definitely isn't unheard of.

Every person's situation, motivation, priorities and needs are different. It is very hard to understand someone's perspective and reasoning without knowing each of these things for that person.

Takeaway: none of us have any clue why they never divorced and until we find out new info that sheds more light on it, it's a waste of time and energy to ponder it further.... IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Agree that we probably just need to wait to see if we learn more but we may never know if the real reason was soley MONEY reasons which is my guess as to why they stayed married. Sometimes there is a financial incentive or people think there is because of taxes or other reasons.

I guess in time we may learn something.

Not sure they’re Catholic. Someone posted something earlier today that said they were married in a Protestant Church. United Church if Christ. No ban on divorce in UCC.

MOO
Sorry if you misunderstood. I was simply replying to why a person would not divorce. I didn't mean to imply he or his wife were Catholic.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Agree that we probably just need to wait to see if we learn more but we may never know if the real reason was soley MONEY reasons which is my guess as to why they stayed married. Sometimes there is a financial incentive or people think there is because of taxes or other reasons.

I guess in time we may learn something.
In the past few years, the main reason I see for those who consciously choose to remain married is for one spouse to retain their health insurance. Many policies now include provisions that terminate coverage following a legal separation (insurance coverage is one of the few reasons to actually do a legal separation or at least it was in the recent past) and recently I have seen more and more policies that terminate coverage even when the couple is physically separated/not financially supporting the other spouse (this will have a huge impact if more policies are able to move to implement this).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

(The husband)

I just looked at the Wikipedia link for GSK (it's in the media thread) and it says her husband was in hospital recovering from an illness.

Since I was at CrimeCon, so just a few days ago...they were very clear that there are holes in timelines for him, and they are now hoping/counting on the public to be sending in info to help them figure it out. They don't know yet! So, the media can't report what they apparently (?) don't have yet. If anything, they were emphasizing that they need the public/sleuthers to help.
That's bad because if that is the case then those who would know must be withholding imo.

He always escaped on foot or by bike or along the dry Creek bed or via the river and canal banks. I don't think he was ever seen getting into a car. But if you have a particular example I may have missed it.

What is with this stealing only one earring? Anyone understand that?

IDK
He leaves one earing of a pair,
to be photographed as evidence,
maybe sets a false lead,
none of the items were pawned?

not sure if rational is the word but he did commit all those rapes and the murders , add in the Visalia burglaries without being caught for over 40 years... he may not be rational but he's certainly not irrational nor does he make many mistakes... if not for a fluke chance a distant family member loaded his DNA to the only website LE could legally access he'd still be in his front yard yelling at his neighbors today
I believe the word best describing that type of behavior is "diabolical".

Brazen. I want to know how he did it. Did he back his car up into the driveway and just load it up? I'm sure he didn't carry it around the block. He sure took a risk of his car being noticed. I agree with the poster who said that he might have committed the burglary before the rape, when he was scoping out the neighborhood. That would make more sense than doing it after a rape. Not that anything in this case makes sense...

He was known to move items around remove bullets before the crime. Why not steal items as well?

Since the investigators still do not know, we can assume his family and friends aren't helping fill in that timeline correct?
Wouldn't his family know these details?

Please do not post links to blogs unless they have been approved by Tricia or WS staff. Sourcing information from miscellaneous blogs that contain errors results in all sorts of misinformation and rumors being repeated downthread.

Stick to MSM, LE, and public documents for information.

Since the investigators still do not know, we can assume his family and friends aren't helping fill in that timeline correct?
Wouldn't his family know these details?

Investigators routinely keep things close to the vest. LE is unlikely to release much information they’ve learned from the family, or anyone for that matter. Officially, at least. They do not want to jeopardize the conviction. So, at this point, we don’t know whether family and friends are talking to LE.

The media is another story. They’ll publish anything they can find (and hopefully verify). Since the media still doesn’t know the timeline, all we can assume is that family and friends are not talking to the media.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member