Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016) # 2

According to this Wikipedia article, which quotes a book so there's no link to that, Caroline Hogg's body was found ten days after her abduction.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Black_(serial_killer)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Black_(serial_killer)

deep interest in genitalia:

"Black showed antisocial tendencies[SUP][2][/SUP] and became known as an aggressive child with few friends.[SUP][4][/SUP] He was prone to tantrums and vandalised school property. He was also a target for bullying among children his own age, and became a bully towards younger children. Though his foster mother insisted upon cleanliness, he cared little for his own hygiene and was called "Smelly Bobby Tulip" by classmates.[SUP][5][/SUP]
At the age of five, Black and a girl the same age compared their genitalia, triggering a childhood belief within Black that he should have been born female,[SUP][6][/SUP] and he developed a deep interest in his genitalia, the genitals of female children, and body orifices. From the age of eight he would regularly insert objects in his own anus, a practice he carried into adulthood.[SUP][7][/SUP]"

Burke was present in the home at the time another child was murdered. He was a very young child himself. I've actually been very surprised by the lack of compassion for him. He was describing a traumatic event; his memories and experience as a child viewing his sister's corpse. A lot of people smile when they're nervous or uncomfortable.

Burke displayed an enormous amount of lack of emotion, almost to the point of indifference, which Dr. Bernard explained...could...have been a lack of attachment to his family. Since his mother had appeared very emotional when she brought Burke for the interview, Dr. Bernard thought that perhaps Burke could not deal with the family’s emotions and had therefore just withdrawn. Even in response to questions which should have elicited strong emotions, he remained non-expressive. When asked “How have things been since your only sister died?” Burke responded, “It’s been okay. And when asked if he missed her, he said, “Yep.” Burke continuously told Dr. Bernhard that he tried to forget about things and just play his Nintendo.
FF

BR at his sisters funeral was skipping through the head stones in the cemetery. He was smacking his gum and playing with his model airplane at her service/funeral. His friend AP that accompanied him said he never saw him cry at the funeral or on the entire trip. He also stated BR told him he wasn’t afraid or scared.

"During the service, Burke was playing with a model airplane and not paying attention to what was going on around him. His parents were grieving as were every adult in the room, but Burke was ignoring everything and just flying his plane lost within his own thoughts. I wondered what he was thinking and feeling. Did he realize what had happened? He was smart and nine years old, but was he in shock, too?" from "Patsy Ramsey: What the Pilot's Wife Knew" by Pam Archuleta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did Positive Light say "He was more than likely jealous of her and her beauty", yes or no?
Sorry, I don't choose to engage in your "yes or no" game. I'm not in a television courtroom drama being cross examined by a stereotypical defense lawyer.

:seeya:

yeah but he didn't kill her when he hit her , there was no desperation to "save" him, he hit her before and not much came of it , so its not a far out of the realm that this is a behavior pattern , I'm sure he didn't really think she would die

What happened to JBR wasn't just one hit to the head. It was long term abuse. Not then and not now do I think BR caused her death.

BR could have self-censored that 'droopy eyelid' story.
Droopy eyelids are associated with strangulation; postmortem observation.
Another observation would have served him differently.
(She was, after all, dressed like a princess
and crowned in her coffin.)

wrt Dr Phil, Wasn't every word scripted, preplanned.

I think people over-dissect certain things, and this is one of them. Saying she had a "droopy eyelid" doesn't prove anything; I know people like to think everything BR does proves he killed her somehow, but that's not reality. People are simply projecting their beliefs here. Same with the golf-club incident. Do these same people realize how utterly common it is for a sibling to hit another sibling with a golf club, baseball bat, etc.? It proves nothing and is evidence of absolutely nothing. If you feel like just because he hit his sister with a golf club that he'd be capable of murder, then I'd say 90% of children with siblings are capable of murder.

I agree with all of that Userid, but the only real scenario that totally makes sense to me (ME) is BDI and parent cover up ....if that is not what happened I'm right back to IDI I know that parents are the most likely statistically but I just don't think that's what happened in this case, I really don't .

C. he is now an adult and we have never heard a plea to find the killer

He's a computer geek, has no training in LE or investigations and the BPD would never let a civilian see their files, the rest of the GJ report is still sealed. He's a working guy who lives in his father's house in Charlevoix - he can't even offer a reward.

I agree with all of that Userid, but the only real scenario that totally makes sense to me (ME) is BDI and parent cover up ....if that is not what happened I'm right back to IDI I know that parents are the most likely statistically but I just don't think that's what happened in this case, I really don't .

I'm the opposite. To me, if the parents didn't do it, it's IDI. A nine-year old did not commit this crime. All of the evidence points to the parents.

He's a computer geek, has no training in LE or investigations and the BPD would never let a civilian see their files, the rest of the GJ report is still sealed. He's a working guy who lives in his father's house in Charlevoix - he can't even offer a reward.

I've heard he lives in the midwest (Indiana).

And "computer geeks" as you so aptly put it, make great money.

One incident or situation rarely "proves" anything in any case. I've not read anyone's posts here taking one aspect and using that as stand alone proof of anything.

So much critical hyperbole. Nobody's theory in this case has been proven; there's no need to be disparaging.

And how does this effect him from showing empathy and compassion?

"Besides that observation, there’s zero connection offered by Burke to his sister. There’s zero acknowledgement of his own genuine response to his sister’s death. There’s no acknowledgement of his last memory of her, her last words to him or his last words to her. All of that stuff is simply not there, and that’s a problem. It’s maladaptive in our view, not only at age nine and 29, not only at the beginning and end, but in the missing middle as well. This all comes through in the interviews. Of course it also comes through in the bedwetting that something really was rotten in the state of Denmark." from "The Craven Silence 3 (True Crime Worldwide Vintage Edition)" by Nick van der Leek, Lisa Wilson

Steve Thomas also described his impressions of Burke on December 28th who, unlike his parents who were being fingerprinted at the time, didn’t seem to appreciate the gravity of the situation. He didn’t as a nine year old, didn’t as a 29 year old, and in footage from JonBenét’s services, Burke is running amok, with a big smile on his face, looking like he’s about to go for ice-cream. In an interview with a child psychologist Burke’s flippant about a “funeral kinda thing”. Not only are his words flippant, so is his tone. In some recordings an eleven-year old Burke can clearly be seen smiling when asked about his sister’s death.

John never showed any empathy either. Is everybody JDI now?

And how does this effect him from showing empathy and compassion?

It affects him because it's on national TV, with a person (Dr. Phil) he's never met before. I'm sure you'd agree that it's easier to let your true emotions out in the presence of loved ones or close friends than it is in front of a camera crew and a well-known celebrity grilling you for all the world to see.

Steve Thomas also described his impressions of Burke on December 28th who, unlike his parents who were being fingerprinted at the time, didn’t seem to appreciate the gravity of the situation. He didn’t as a nine year old, didn’t as a 29 year old, and in footage from JonBenét’s services, Burke is running amok, with a big smile on his face, looking like he’s about to go for ice-cream. In an interview with a child psychologist Burke’s flippant about a “funeral kinda thing”. Not only are his words flippant, so is his tone. In some recordings an eleven-year old Burke can clearly be seen smiling when asked about his sister’s death.

I still think BR has Aspergers. Hes definitely on the scale somewhere. This would definitely account for his lack of emotion, odd affect, and smiling inappropriately. It fits from my experience raising my neice with Aspergers. She still has never shed a tear over her mom dying when she was 10. But it doesn't mean she doesn't feel it; she just can't show it in "normal" ways

I meant on the Interview at 29 years old not one mention of "we would really like to find the person that did this" and the fact that he had no fear as a child that his sister was murdered , if it were me I would feel like the boogyman was coming for me every night etc., you have to admit the behavior is odd.

I still think BR has Aspergers. Hes definitely on the scale somewhere. This would definitely account for his lack of emotion, odd affect, and smiling inappropriately. It fits from my experience raising my neice with Aspergers. She still has never shed a tear over her mom dying when she was 10. But it doesn't mean she doesn't feel it; she just can't show it in "normal" ways

my older daughter has it , but I still see a difference, and I cant put my finger on it !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back