LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #2

Everything was searched. He didn't fall into the river and he didn't climb the 10' chain link fence to hide in a pipe.

I think Shane was taken by a passing motorist who took advantage of his inebriated state. I have always thought there was foul play involved. Always.

Thank you. I didn't realize so much work went on into finding him. I watched "Brainscratch" and I don't think all that info had been reported.

Was Shane known to the PD? Just wondering why they seemed...unhelpful.

How does a person just disappear within 5 minutes?! I noticed a big old grate in one of the pictures. Don't know if it would have been big enough to slip through.

Sorry to bother you but does that big pipe take water on land and send it back into the river?

Does anyone think the PTC picked him up? Can't imagine he would have vacated the crime scene but he may have suffered an injury in the car wreck. And he was probably in shock.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Everything was searched. He didn't fall into the river and he didn't climb the 10' chain link fence to hide in a pipe.

I think Shane was taken by a passing motorist who took advantage of his inebriated state. I have always thought there was foul play involved. Always.
Why would a passing motorist take advantage of SF? I can't imagine he had a lot of money. Do you think he was followed by someone? Did he have an argument in the pool hall?

Why was he traveling in the opposite direction of where he lived? Could he have been just drunk enough that he got confused? I'd really like to know who was driving the PTC.

Would they be able to know if he fell in the river?

Is it easy to walk to the Mississippi River from there? How far is the water from the land. In other words, if someone fell in, would it be difficult to get back out? Is the current fast?

Missing men who have been drinking often times end up in the water. As it was explained in a post, men will typically urinate into water and they fall over and into the water in the process.

If he had a head injury and confusion set it, he could have wandered over to the river. It’s on the other side of the levee in the photos. If you fall in, you wouldn’t be able to get out; the current is fierce.

:welcome:
We are glad you are here! Any new news?

No, and I don’t profess to represent the group.

When I’m with my family and Shane gets brought up, there are a few worried whispers that they hope he didn’t go in the river.

I think it’s somethng everyone hopes didn’t happen, but pragmatically speaking, we all know it is possible. Especially the longer he is missing without a trace.

I don’t know how Kenny feels about that though and I hope he isn’t insulted with what I wrote here. The family generally speaking is pretty laid back and practical so I assume this has occurred to him....

We also don’t fear death— pragmatic that it comes for us all and that a long life is a gift with a bit of luck thrown in.

No, and I don’t profess to represent the group.

When I’m with my family and Shane gets brought up, there are a few worried whispers that they hope he didn’t go in the river.

I think it’s somethng everyone hopes didn’t happen, but pragmatically speaking, we all know it is possible. Especially the longer he is missing without a trace.

I don’t know how Kenny feels about that though and I hope he isn’t insulted with what I wrote here. The family generally speaking is pretty laid back and practical so I assume this has occurred to him....

We also don’t fear death— pragmatic that it comes for us all and that a long life is a gift with a bit of luck thrown in.

Thanks for sharing. Have there been any further searches? Info from phone records? Have you thought of becoming a verified insider here for Shane’s case? You can email the moderator for this thread. I think it’s Sillybilly. We all here care a lot about Shane. Thank you for coming to Websleuths to discuss him.

Hiandmighty, I just wanted to let you know I have been following Shane's accident and disappearance for years. I'm sorry this tragedy has befell Shane and your family.

<modsnip>

What is your take on all this? With all due respect, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing. Have there been any further searches? Info from phone records? Have you thought of becoming a verified insider here for Shane&#8217;s case? You can email the moderator for this thread. I think it&#8217;s Sillybilly. We all here care a lot about Shane. Thank you for coming to Websleuths to discuss him.

I don&#8217;t know this side of the family well. I&#8217;m not an insider. I have no information to give. I could make some calls and find out, but I don&#8217;t feel it&#8217;s my place to do that.

I know everyone would like an update. Maybe Kenny will see the activity and come by and say hi.

Thanks for caring about the family and Shane.

Hiandmighty, I just wanted to let you know I have been following Shane's accident and disappearance for years. I'm sorry this tragedy has befell Shane and your family.

<modsnip>

What is your take on all this? With all due respect, of course.

I just don&#8217;t know except to say that certainly family members HOPE Shane has amnesia and/or is hiding out. I don&#8217;t think any of his bank accounts have been touched.

The family members I have talked to&#8212; we just don&#8217;t know. It&#8217;s anybody&#8217;s guess what happened to him, but the Mississippi River is always a looming presence in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone one on Shane's board......I just wanted to get back to talking about Shane's case....We just elected a New police chief and i'm hoping to make some progress on getting a look at Shane's file the police have on him....
Hi, Kenny! SO happy to see you back! I hope the new police chief will be more helpful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back