Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Michael of Kent/Princess Michael of Kent. They and their adult children make a very handsome family but some things I've read... uhmmm well... :sheesh:

Is it just tabloid fodder ??

Prince Michael of Kent/Princess Michael of Kent. They and their adult children make a very handsome family but some things I've read... uhmmm well... :sheesh:

Is it just tabloid fodder ??

Princess Michael of Kent is supposed to be an absolute nightmare with ideas above her station, she is not known as Princess Pushy for nothing. The racist brooch debacle was dreadful.

This is how desperate the Daily Mail is they employed LIP READERS to cover the wedding.

“Keep waving, Philip!': Lip reader reveals the Queen's advice to her husband and all the other little royal asides picked up on Harry and Meghan's big day”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eals-Queens-advice-husband.html#ixzz5G5TDI1f4

P.s apologies staff.

Best of luck Graham. with your hospital stay, hope it is speedy and reassuring. I always enjoy your posts (as a fellow​Brit). Take it easy.

Amal and George always so good looking but... I didn't care for the OMG yellow. Not that anyone cares about my fashion opinions lol

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are set to wed in just over a week, and as the pair prepare to start their lives together as a married couple, it seems that they are also preparing to move house.

According to House Beautiful, Apartment 1 boasts an impressive 21 bedrooms and is currently being renovated ahead of the couple's arrival. Apparently, the extravagant abode used to be the home of the Queen's cousin, the Duke of Gloucester, and his wife, though it's been reported that they moved out last late year, further strengthening the belief that Harry and Meghan are set to move in.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com.au/celebrity/meghan-markle-prince-harry-apartment-16447

Amal and George always so good looking but... I didn't care for the OMG yellow. Not that anyone cares about my fashion opinions lol
I didn't care much at all for Amal's fashion choice (although she wears it well!).
But I liked this description - "[FONT=&amp]Amal Clooney in a dress of liquefied sunshine[/FONT]":
https://www.newyorker.com/news/dail...ok-to-the-future-but-some-royals-never-change
And so, at last, to the festivities of today, when Markle was hitched to her true love—her true true love, forever and ever—at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor. Third time lucky. The heavens above were of an unfamiliar blue. Ever since Elizabeth II was crowned under soaking skies, the pact between good news and bad weather has been a matter of national pride, yet here we were, suffused with warmth—an event so rare that it was greeted by Amal Clooney in a dress of liquefied sunshine. Her husband’s suit, to judge by its tint of shimmering gray, had been woven from the same material as his beard.

Princess Michael of Kent has said she is "very sorry and distressed" about wearing a controversial blackamoor brooch to the Queen's Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace. The 72-year-old was accused of being racially insensitive by wearing the accessory for the royal occasion, where she was said to be meeting Prince Harry's fiancé Meghan Markle for the first time.

Simon Astaire, the spokesman for Princess Michael of Kent, said: "The brooch was a gift and has been worn many times before. Princess Michael is very sorry and distressed that it has caused offence." It has been understood that Princess Michael will no longer wear the accessory.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royal...ss-michael-of-kent-apology-blackamoor-brooch/

5F99858C-6BFE-46C3-BED2-7DFC78506E04.jpeg

P.s Thank you for your continued good wishes I really appreciate them. I made a mistake earlier we aren’t allowed to give our real personal details eg. First name etc per TOS. I sincerely apologise to the staff.

A couple we socialize with wore their Blackamoor to a ball last year. I had never seen Blackmore before. I told her her pendant looked like a little man was staring at me. Lol (I didn’t have my glasses on). She said he was. Lol.

They were very proud of theirs. I didn’t know what to think. They were very engaged with the history of the jewelry.

This not the first time Princess Michael has been called out for racism, either. More than a decade ago, in 2004, she reportedly*told black diners to “go back to the colonies”*in a New York restaurant. In a bid to prove she wasn't racist shortly after,*she revealed*she had pretended to be “a half-caste African” a few years prior. “I even pretended years ago to be an African, a half-caste African, but because of my light eyes I did not get away with it, but I dyed my hair black,” she said in an interview on ITV1 the same year. Oh, and her father was *advertiser censored*Nazi who served as an SS officer*for Hitler.
https://www.refinery29.com/2017/12/186185/princess-michael-kent-racist-brooch-meghan-markle

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is Codognato’s blackamoor jewelry at SF exhibit racist?

Denise Bradley Tyson, former director of the Museum of the African Diaspora, collects blackamoor jewelry. She is also the founder of the online retailer Inspired Luxe, which sells jewelry, clothing and...

https://www.sfchronicle.com/style/article/Codognato-s-provocative-jewelry-returns-to-SF-12425951.php

Interesting article. And what an odd time in history reflected in jewelry of the caliber of faberge, late 1800's. Reminds me of the minstrel period here in the USA. Exhibitionist and macabre.

I do agree with the curators of the museum that art transcends and is not meant personally in the context of a historical exhibition.

But obviously, the intention was no accident when a personal brooch like this was worn by princess nightmare to meet Harry's fiancé. I am glad she was distressed by the blow back.

From a royalty nerd:
They are actually styled “HRH” for His/Her Royal Highness. Hard to imagine them using that with each other on their wedding night. “ How about a kiss, Your Royal Highness?” Ordinary (!) non-royal dukes and duchesses are ‘your grace’ when spoken to.

I’m a member of Theroyalforums.com, and they have more information, gossip, and pictures if you are interested. And, like Websleuths, they are pleasantly well-moderated.

I admit I'm a royal nerd which is why I follow 3 good blogs who monitor posts. Charlotte from England has 2 Duchess Kate and Mad about Meghan. And she is top notch. Then there is Jane from US who has From Berkshire to Buckingham. She hasn't had as much time in last year or so to devote as much time but still manages it well. Jane went back to school to become a lawyer.

Thank you for more on royals that is higher quality. I'm going to need due to withdrawal while Websleuths is down beginning tomorrow morning. :)

I agree. I feel on the day of a wedding the bride should stand out not the guests. Dress well but do not draw attention to yourself. That is MOOO

I'm not so sure her being a "feminist" is going to make a difference in the Royal family, the U.K. and the Commonwealth. I'm sure the other royal females would say they are feminists as well; they also do plenty of charity work, it's their job.
There was nothing "feminist" about her wedding either, and that's alright. Plenty of women walk themselves down the isle, it's not about feminism or independence, it's about her father not being there and, her not having any father figures in her life to take his place and her not having any relatives other than her own mother at the wedding (as far as we know).

This was the last big Royal event for us, there's no one left to get married. All that remains is when Charles becomes our king. Hopefully he will pass it on to William which is what many of us are hoping for. Not too many of us want Charle's face all over our money nor his picture on the walls of our buildings. It will be a huge event to witness a coronation.

This not the first time Princess Michael has been called out for racism, either. More than a decade ago, in 2004, she reportedly*told black diners to “go back to the colonies”*in a New York restaurant. In a bid to prove she wasn't racist shortly after,*she revealed*she had pretended to be “a half-caste African” a few years prior. “I even pretended years ago to be an African, a half-caste African, but because of my light eyes I did not get away with it, but I dyed my hair black,” she said in an interview on ITV1 the same year. Oh, and her father was *advertiser censored*Nazi who served as an SS officer*for Hitler.
https://www.refinery29.com/2017/12/186185/princess-michael-kent-racist-brooch-meghan-markle

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

She allegedly called the two black sheep at her former country home Venus and Serena.

She allegedly called the two black sheep at her former country home Venus and Serena.

BBM

Omg :what: :notgood:

If that is true (judging from what I know so far about her, I can certainly see how that would be true) what a shame. The ignorance. Makes me sick.

^^Jmo/Imo/Moo/Jmho/Etc^^

I agree. I feel on the day of a wedding the bride should stand out not the guests. Dress well but do not draw attention to yourself. That is MOOO

Couldn't agree more. Most were subdued. I really loved Kate's outfit, wonderfully simple and demure.

While I do think the golden sunshine color was a great color for Amal Clooney it was totally too loud for the event, and besides, she couldn't walk in her heels. I kept thinking she was going to break apart. She looked like a wounded filly which drew more attention to her. Awkward!

People critique Victoria Beckham as funerial but I loved her outfit. It was subdued and elegant, and she looks great in navy.

The Suits costar in navy and white polka dot very conservative ankle length dress, some princess with a gorgeous face in a muted moss green outfit and matching fascinator, and the delightful Michelle Williams were all standouts.

Oprah, wrong color dress and length but great hat. Harry's ex girlfriend, epic fail. I kind of really like that everyone thinks Princess Anne came in her bathrobe. She dosen't give a fig! Rock on!!

The reception breakfast outfit and 'poutastic' trout mouth, plastic surgery central of Mulroney and gold lame lounge singer outfit just looked like housewives of New Jersey, Ha! And she's a stylist?

Omg, I look at Meghan's mom, Doria, and think Meghan is going to age well.

Style wise, I think Meghan and Kate will compliment each other. Kate brings the quintessential classic British elegance and Meghan the classic modern American flair, and they are very complimentary. Both are actually conservative. Sophisticated is the new sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa