WA WA - Nancy Moyer, 36, Tenino, 6 March 2009

May and June of 09 is when the thefts took place. He was sentenced in 2010. I think it's been brought up because his parents were in the same county. He could have visited them.

It may even be a long shot but I'm just glad her case is getting some attention again., as sad as that case is also.

The link below has info on the Montana crime and within that article is a link with the date and charges

http://www.kpax.com/story/31704190/...g-seattle-woman-has-criminal-ties-to-missoula

Thinking of Nancy's family tonight. I'm sad she has never been found ...

Lengthy article with videos.
https://crimewatchdaily.com/
05/19/2017
[h=1]Nancy Moyer, mother of 2, vanishes on cold Washington night[/h] A divorced mother of two winds down after a long day and pours herself a glass of wine at home. What happened next is still a mystery.

On my phone can't link. Maybe someone else can link the story about the top of a skull found on 507. Pretty please?

On my phone can't link. Maybe someone else can link the story about the top of a skull found on 507. Pretty please?
http://www.chronline.com/crime/sher...cle_3865032e-22e8-11e8-9e69-ab38393c815e.html
That partial skull bone, which doesn’t have any facial features, is set to be delivered to the King County Medical Examiner this week, so that an anthropologist on staff can try to determine age and gender, Thurston County Coroner Gary Warnock said Monday.

Identifying the person is going to be hard because there were no teeth, he said.
Meanwhile, the phones have been ringing off the hook at the sheriff’s office, Simper said, with people sharing their theories about who it might be.
Simper acknowledged that the sheriff’s office has some cold cases.

“It potentially could be any one of them,” he said, but added it is too early to tell and he wasn’t going to speculate.

Readers also have sent emails to The Olympian, asking whether the skull belongs to Nancy Moyer, a mother of two who was 36 when she went missing from her Tenino home in March 2009. She has never been found.
rbbm

Just seen Nancys case on Disappeared. The police officer was the last one to see her getting her bags out of the car and taking them into her house. Has he been checked out? Also I noticed the house that she lived in was sold recently, there are pictures of it online and you can get a better feel or of the area surrounding her house, not sure if I was allowed to post the listing.

I watched the episode too (a sneak preview of the episode that will air on April 15). Listening to her daughters was heartbreaking. I wondered about that police officer too. He was on duty when he saw her, but he could have gone back to her house later. I was once up on all the facts of this case, but don't remember how much was said about him. The show presents two strong suspects. I had thought the meat-truck guy was the best suspect, but they presented some new information (at least to me) about the guy who wanted to date her.

I watched the episode too (a sneak preview of the episode that will air on April 15). Listening to her daughters was heartbreaking. I wondered about that police officer too. He was on duty when he saw her, but he could have gone back to her house later. I was once up on all the facts of this case, but don't remember how much was said about him. The show presents two strong suspects. I had thought the meat-truck guy was the best suspect, but they presented some new information (at least to me) about the guy who wanted to date her.

I think it’s the meat salesman. The odds are too great. How many people go missing after buying meat from a door to door guy... who also happened to kill another local woman?

Who claimed her belongings were lost in a fire while moving? Was Ramtha her beneficiary? No family, no next of kin, moved all the way across county to join a money motivated cult... BkHowell would no doubt be viewed as a whacked out druggie with zero credibility. Especially in hard times, with a failing business. I believe he fornicated with the body, I believe he was completely out of his mind, I believe he was going to dump the body, but I don't think he decided one day to just kill Vanda Boone. I think this was an arrangement for financial gain, and he was the fall guy. Which is why I don't think he had anything to do with Nancy. I lived in Yelm/Tenino for 8 years, and this is just my gut feeling. Truth is stranger than fiction.

Watching the Disappeared episode now. Given that the front door was left open and her purse and phone were left inside, I think someone lured her outside by asking for her help with something. Then they assaulted her. Police should look at the neighbors and anyone who might have had reason to be going door to door in the neighborhood.

2009 case of missing Tenino mom to be featured on TV show
June 22, 2018 03:12 PM
Updated June 22, 2018 04:05 PM

Two Thurston County detectives will be featured this weekend in a television episode about the case of missing mother and financial analyst Nancy Moyer.

The episode, titled “A Date with Danger”, is a part of the Investigation Discovery Channel series “Disappeared.” It features Detective Ben Elkins, who, according to The Daily Chronicle, took over the case three years ago, and retired Detective Dave Halter.
The episode unpacks Moyer’s case in-depth, presenting her background and a possible link between her disappearance and another local murder case, according to the channel's website.
The episode will air at 9 p.m. Sunday, June 24.

Video of the Disappeared Episode in the link above.

Thank you for posting the video link, I missed the episode. Nancy's friend Bev used to post here. She tirelessly lead searches for Nancy for years, prob still does. Off to watch the episode.

Watching the Disappeared episode now. Given that the front door was left open and her purse and phone were left inside, I think someone lured her outside by asking for her help with something. Then they assaulted her. Police should look at the neighbors and anyone who might have had reason to be going door to door in the neighborhood.

As I started watching this last night, I really thought I had seen Nancy's episode before on Disappeared. Even though Discovery ID made it seem like it was a all - new episode. Then I see this post ^^ was made in May of this year so that's when I probably saw it too. (fyi - I have no problems with re-runs of Disappeared. I think it is great to get these episodes shown as many times as possible. I'm just saying I was under the impression by Discovery ID that is was a new episode...that's all ;))

Eta - Actually as I've read older posts above, Nancy's episode first aired earlier this year.

^Jmo/Moo/Imo/Etc^

From the disappeared, it gave me an impression that she was a lady who liked the thrill of the live, seeking excitement, and that was the reason she separated from her husband (by the way, I said this without any judgment, she has the right to choose the way she wanted to live, and that was not anyone's business), she dated a lot, with quite a few different men, not for a serious relationship, but very causal, just for fun. So I believe these dates was the cause of her disappearance, she could easily date a wrong person, or one of her date got jealous.
I checked her background, I found no criminal record, but as mentioned in the disappearance episode, she was in financial trouble, I found a record, she and her husband, William Dwayne Moyer, was sued by Egp Investments Llc (most likely a debt collect company) in 2012.

P.S according to her case file at Charley project (Nancy Kareen Moyer – The Charley Project), she did not have a cell phone at the time disappearance, I find that hard to believe that someone would not have a cellphone in 2009

It goes on to page 2...
http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/787050-p2.html

Here's a quote about their relationship....
"The couple has been separated for about two years. Sheriff's detectives and friends say the separation was amicable."

Vandrush and Borgacz described Moyer as kind and trusting.

"She's a really warm and kind person," Vandrush said. "She just would do anything for you if she could."

Vandrush said that she would never willingly be absent from her daughters' lives.

"There's absolutely no way," he said. "She would do anything for those kids."

Moyer and her husband had "an amazingly smooth relationship" despite their separation, Vandrush added.

Both she & Molly are petite & weigh about the same. Generally speaking, petite females are often targeted by predators, because they are seeking someone they can quickly overpower. I am a petite female, and sadly I concede that my body would not be hard for someone to stuff into a trunk of a car.

It’s an unpleasant thought, but it is true: petite bodies fit easily into small spaces. Compared to taller or heavier bodies, they are easier to carry around and be disposed of by someone secretly. I hope that this didn’t happen to her.

Note: Many details aren’t yet available or known in this case (at least to me). Her sex, height & weight just jumped out to me first. There are a lot of unknowns & questions about her timeline, relationships & lifestyle that once revealed will provide more of a big picture & very well may tell a different story.

As I type, I'm watching a rerun of "A Date With Danger" on ID Discovery's "Disappeared" program. So far, the episode is revealing not much more than what we already know. I'm sad to think this case is yet another 'cold case' for the history books.

That a coworker LE investigated has since passed on and a one-time door-to-door 'meat salesman' convicted of murder in Tenino having so far as refused to admit having known NM in any way is nothing short of frustrating.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back