CO CO - Kelsie Schelling, 21, pregnant, Pueblo, 4 Feb 2013 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he waved his second advisement as well. (Kelsies mom/family posted this n the find Kelsie fb)

Just being his cowardly self.

Oops, meant to quote Leader6518

There will be a search part Saturday April 14th if anyone in the area is interested.6D2D38EA-5036-41A8-993A-17EF8515F0A1.jpg

So far....

@lizgelardi (denverchannel)
Preliminary hearing for Kelsie Schelling case is underway. We are not allowed to use phones inside but court is on a brief break. For the first time we're hearing from the officer & detective who first contacted suspect/boyfriend Donthe Lucas.

@lizgelardi
For Schelling murder case it sounds like prosecutors will be relying heavily on phone records to paint a picture of events from the night Kelsie disappeared. Phone recs do show her driving to Pueblo & her phone never left.

@lizgelardi
Phone records also show Kelsie's phone communicating with Donthe's phone on Feb 4. They were talking about the pregnancy. He "enticed" her to come to Pueblo because he said he had something for her.

@lizgelardi
Another detail to note. Donthe's grandma told police she saw him in the garage at 4am on February 5th when Kelsie drove to Pueblo.

This is a good article...

Schelling disappearance case: Detectives discuss inconsistencies in suspect's story

When Wager and Detective Raymond Purvis of the Pueblo Police Department interviewed Lucas on Nov. 14-15, 2017, after he had been arrested in Denver and booked into jail there on the aggravated robbery charge, his story about what happened when Schelling came to Pueblo to visit him had changed, Wager testified on Thursday.

Lucas told the detectives Schelling came to Pueblo in the early morning hours of Feb. 5, 2013 and he met her in her car about a quarter-mile away from his grandma’s home where they proceeded to party. Lucas said he used cocaine and drank alcohol, while Schelling took Percocet.

Some twitter updates from today...

@lenahowland (KOAA)
CBI Agent Torres said in open court today that he believes Donthe Lucas lured Kelsie Schelling down to Pueblo after finding out she was pregnant and murdered her by strangulation. He hasn't found any DNA evidence or a body to prove it... yet. @KOAA

@lenahowland
UPDATE: The judge has asked for time to review the evidence presented in the preliminary hearing of Donthe Lucas. Closing arguments will be given by both sides and the judge will make his decision on if this case will go to trial on May 31st at 2:30pm. @KOAA

@lenahowland
The court has also issued a subpoena for the grandmother of Donthe Lucas to take her deposition under oath on June 12th at 10am. @KOAA

:D

no chance of bail.
arraignment Aug. 28th

Here's to hoping he talks at some point (walls caving in) in exchange for lesser time (not that I want him to get lesser time, I just know the family would prefer to know where she is)

Yes, let's hope his Grandmother's upcoming deposition will weigh heavily on him. I still can't believe it's been more than 5 years for the family and friends.

@lenahowland
The court has also issued a subpoena for the grandmother of Donthe Lucas to take her deposition under oath on June 12th at 10am. @KOAA

Omg. I'm so elated to hear this news!!! I've been supporting Laura (Kelsie's mother) on the Help Find Kelsie facebook page for several years now. I am so thankful this is going forward. Justice cannot come soon enough!

^^Jmo/Moo/Jmho/Imo/Etc^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member