Welcome To Websleuths

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how can I get notification of a new Websleuths post by anyone in a thread I am subscribed to, to pop up on the notifications (with thread name and poster username) on either my
(a) iPhone/iPad
(b) Apple Watch
Tapatalk was my vehicle for doing this before the new Websleuths site was launched.

Are there any plans to add back this capability in future.

This function was most useful to watch for rogue posters posting controversial material and to be able to copy the info before mods removed it, or posters edited it.

Without new post mobile notification alerts I was able to get via Tapatalk, this is no longer possible.

A good reason for any website to have both browser based and app based access is to be able to use app notifications (not email based) to push out customised alerts and other info to your mobile devices via the internet for free (to both the website owner and the receiver), as this bypasses the mobile phone network providers SMS txt message systems.

What's the development Roadmap to add back this now missing feature of websleuths forums? Don't care whether it's tapatalk or any other App.
I and many others I know, just need this functionality returned.
On Ipad click on alerts and alert preferences. This should give you options as to what you want. There are email alerts available under browsing preferences.

I’m coming in late on this because I had no idea that Tapatalk would be gone. So I kept checking for updates there. Can someone tell me what trophy points are, how they function, etc? (I’m sure I’m going to have a lot more questions once I start posting again.)

Also, is the limit on private messages still in place (in terms of number allowed to have).

Otherwise, so far, so good. None of the colors are literally giving me a migraine or anything. I use my android phone a lot because I can use a night app called twilight that’s not available on my iPad or P, that not only helps me with sleep, but also helps me prevent triggering migraines when reading on my phone. Right now I’m actually using the iPad and not having any negative effects, so bonus there.

I’m coming in late on this because I had no idea that Tapatalk would be gone. So I kept checking for updates there. Can someone tell me what trophy points are, how they function, etc? (I’m sure I’m going to have a lot more questions once I start posting again.)

Also, is the limit on private messages still in place (in terms of number allowed to have).

Otherwise, so far, so good. None of the colors are literally giving me a migraine or anything. I use my android phone a lot because I can use a night app called twilight that’s not available on my iPad or P, that not only helps me with sleep, but also helps me prevent triggering migraines when reading on my phone. Right now I’m actually using the iPad and not having any negative effects, so bonus there.

Wish I could say that. I need a nightmode option. For some reason the white background and the orange everything is driving my eyes crazy and I have had a migraine since yesterday.

Wish I could say that. I need a nightmode option. For some reason the white background and the orange everything is driving my eyes crazy and I have had a migraine since yesterday.
I agree. You might want to look in your operating system preferences for whatever device you are using. There is probably an option to invert the colors on your display. Then it will make the page white and blue on black background.

I agree. You might want to look in your operating system preferences for whatever device you are using. There is probably an option to invert the colors on your display. Then it will make the page white and blue on black background.

Thank you! I will see if that works. Hopefully there is a way to specify which pages or apps, etc.

Thank you! I will see if that works. Hopefully there is a way to specify which pages or apps, etc.
Twilight is what I use on my Android. Look up “blue light filters” in your apps and hopefully you’ll find something. With Twilight I can customize several overlays - one for migraine prevention during the day, one for nighttime, or whatever. I sleep better when I use Twilight. Actually, I don’t sleep at all when I don’t use it.

There are "blue light filter" apps you can download that help with this. Some phones also have night mode or blue light filter options.

I found it, but whoa! Its like neon colors. I am trying to find a chrome extension that will work. If anyone knows of any addons that work well with a samsung chromebook, please share.

eta78t

I am getting an X when I try to insert an image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa