Welcome To Websleuths

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the new alert feature but I woke up to 94 alerts :eek: There's no way I can read them all and I don't even have "conversations" enabled. I can't imagine if people were private messaging me too!
The first thing I did to get the alerts thing under control was to go to the alerts preferences and uncheck: Replies to a watched thread and Attaches a file to a watched thread. Because I can see that in Watched Threads. So those alerts were just redundant. That cuts down the alerts a lot. I'm still looking at what other alerts I can disable, without missing important information.

Not a problem as much as a feature request - I really liked how the old site had a few featured case threads at the top of every page, it often introduced me to some interesting sounding cases I'd not heard about before (or only seen a brief news story which hadn't inspired me to look further). I'd be very happy if that could return!

I just checked my history page again and the reported posts for me are for a very small window from 14th - 16th December 2017.

I'm just wondering if it's the same for other people? @Jewels53 and others...

It might help to pin down the source of the glitch for @WS Admin
I was thinking the same thing. The packaged test version of WS - the last posts were around Dec 17th and then it was copied over. It’s still early, more coffee and maybe I can explain better.

Hello there! I am viewing the new site on an old iPad and it looks really great. Only one very small issue with the scroll bar to the right - it is black on black. It is not a big deal, although I find it useful from time to time.
I saw some users were having trouble finding the "top" button at the bottom of the page. Those who use Safari can try tapping the clock at the top of Safari once or twice and it will take you to the top of the page, without having to scroll all the way down. It works for me, but I don't know if it depends on the iOS version used.
I also have one question: can we block certain forums from showing in the New Posts area like we did on the old software?
Thank you for the new house! Now back to lurking! :D
Tapping the clock works perfectly! Thank you so much. No more scrolling up :)

I just checked my history page again and the reported posts for me are for a very small window from 14th - 16th December 2017.

I'm just wondering if it's the same for other people? @Jewels53 and others...

It might help to pin down the source of the glitch for @WS Admin

No, I have a LOT from May 25, 2018 and other dates.

That may be the case. I just thought if we narrowed it down a bit, it might be easier to find and fix.

I can see who and when, but fortunately when I click on them I don't have permission to view them (phew). At least it means it's not a dangerous flaw.

Oh well, I'm glad at least we seem to have the same time frame as it should be easier for them to fix.

Unfortunately, my dates go to a much more current date. See my post just sbove

Trying to experiment with Conversations. Got message typed, previewed, but can't figure out how to send. Help!

Trying to experiment with Conversations. Got message typed, previewed, but can't figure out how to send. Help!
Once you have a title in your convo, add the participants you want to include, type your msg and hit the create start conversation button at the top right of the title. bottom of the conversation where you set the controls of allowances into the convo.
ETA: corrections. So sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tapping the clock works perfectly! Thank you so much. No more scrolling up :)
I'm glad it works! It's really useful on other sites where there is no Top button.

Once your conversation is created, look at the right hand side. You’ll see your conversation listed with all the participants. Dependent upon how many participants are included, underneath the list will be a small orange button saying “invite more” if you or others wish to at a later time.

I just got back home and the colors have changed on the people who like post and on the Trophy points, Liked Message's and Messages and it is very hard for me to read. Anyone else?

Edited to say it is not the color on who likes the post it is on whom wrote the post. I can't tell if it is red or orange.

Last edited:
No, I have a LOT from May 25, 2018 and other dates.

Unfortunately, my dates go to a much more current date. See my post just sbove

Spell I think the May 25, 2018 date-stamps on the History page are incorrect. All the posts on my History page display today's date. But if I look to the right column, I can see the actual date the OP was created.

I'm having an issue with the 'multi-quote function'. When I select 'reply', I'm taken to the bottom of the page, so then I have to scroll back up the page to find the other post(s) I want to include in my 'multi-quote' reply.

This wasn't occurring when I beta-tested, but it is now. During the beta-test, when I wanted to 'multi-quote', I selected 'reply', and the reply box opened but I maintained my position directly below the post I had selected and I could then choose to continue scrolling down the page.

This glitch is making it difficult to 'multi-quote'.

Is anyone else having this problem with the 'multi-quote' function?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa