Welcome To Websleuths

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the new alert feature but I woke up to 94 alerts :eek: There's no way I can read them all and I don't even have "conversations" enabled. I can't imagine if people were private messaging me too!

I'm not complaining though-- most of the alerts seem to be telling me someone liked a post :D

All in all, I am loving this new site. It just will take some getting used to, to get to the point where I can keep up. There seem to be multiple ways to follow a thread here now. That is both good and overwhelming at the same time :p

Ok so, in tapatalk I could follow like the missing persons forum and see when a new thread was made, how can I do that on the website? Thanks.

Go to the forum and select "watch forum" in the upper right corner.

Here's the link to the missing persons sub-forum: Missing Persons Discussion

The "watch forum" is under the "start new thread" button. When you select it a box will pop up giving you options to get alerts when a new thread is made and get email notifications if you want.

I love the new alert feature but I woke up to 94 alerts :eek: There's no way I can read them all and I don't even have "conversations" enabled. I can't imagine if people were private messaging me too!

I'm not complaining though-- most of the alerts seem to be telling me someone liked a post :D

All in all, I am loving this new site. It just will take some getting used to, to get to the point where I can keep up. There seem to be multiple ways to follow a thread here now. That is both good and overwhelming at the same time :p
You can adjust your alert settings, so that you don't get alerts to some actions. I've turned off alerts to likes so that I know that my alerts will be more follow up kinds of alerts - replies to posts etc.

Good morning Gardener. The alerts can be a bit much. You can specify your alerts on the alert preferences tab under your username.

So I read this whole thread looking for someone having the same problem as me...looks like I'm the only one :(

When I type, random letters are put in everywhere. For example I'll type a word and press the space bar and it'll put an 'a' or a 'w' in after the word instead of a space (even though a and w are nowhere near the spacebar). It's like my phone keyboard is majorly lagging or been taken over by aliens or sumfin :confused: only happens on this site since upgrade. Different sites using the same browser work fine. :eek:

Quoting myself cause YOLO.
If anyone else has this problem, I think somethings up with new site and chrome browser (on an android phone). Downloaded a different Web browser and works fine o_O

What is the Mark Forums Read tab for? Top of forum, black bar, furthest left. I'm worried if I click on it to see what it is it will mark me as having read the whole forum and put it all into my history tab. :eek:

There still seems to be an issue with searching for new threads. Any thread started since the move is not coming up in a search on this site.

For example when I go to Missing Persons Discussion there is a thread started just this morning TN - Tn - Kristie Wilson, 39, & Henry Wilson, 45, Putnam County, 9 May 2018

But when I type "Henry Wilson" into the search of that forum no results come up. This is causing a lot of duplicate threads to be made. I'm holding off on creating new threads or using google site search to find a new thread instead. Just wanted to report here that it is still an issue so others will be aware.

I just checked my history page again and the reported posts for me are for a very small window from 14th - 16th December 2017.

I'm just wondering if it's the same for other people? @Jewels53 and others...

It might help to pin down the source of the glitch for @WS Admin
Yes Wib it is the same on mine December 14, 15, 16 2017! I wonder if it is the same reports? Not posting names of course.

What is the Mark Forums Read tab for? Top of forum, black bar, furthest left. I'm worried if I click on it to see what it is it will mark me as having read the whole forum and put it all into my history tab. :eek:

It will clear out your active watched threads list. Your threads will still be watched for any new activity but if you had hundreds of threads you previously subscribed to before the move they will be "marked as read" and not show up in the "watched thread" tab again unless you choose "show all watched threads" or if someone posts a new post to them. The history link shows the last 50 threads you have viewed.

Hello there! I am viewing the new site on an old iPad and it looks really great. Only one very small issue with the scroll bar to the right - it is black on black. It is not a big deal, although I find it useful from time to time.
I saw some users were having trouble finding the "top" button at the bottom of the page. Those who use Safari can try tapping the clock at the top of Safari once or twice and it will take you to the top of the page, without having to scroll all the way down. It works for me, but I don't know if it depends on the iOS version used.
I also have one question: can we block certain forums from showing in the New Posts area like we did on the old software?
Thank you for the new house! Now back to lurking! :D

Yes Wib it is the same on mine December 14, 15, 16 2017! I wonder if it is the same reports? Not posting names of course.

That may be the case. I just thought if we narrowed it down a bit, it might be easier to find and fix.

I can see who and when, but fortunately when I click on them I don't have permission to view them (phew). At least it means it's not a dangerous flaw.

Oh well, I'm glad at least we seem to have the same time frame as it should be easier for them to fix.

Last edited:
It will clear out your active watched threads list. Your threads will still be watched for any new activity but if you had hundreds of threads you previously subscribed to before the move they will be "marked as read" and not show up in the "watched thread" tab again unless you choose "show all watched threads" or if someone posts a new post to them. The history link shows the last 50 threads you have viewed.
Thank you Gardener! I'm having a brain-scramble atm, trying to remember what is where. I think I preferred seeing all my subscribed threads together without having to click on show all, and then when I go to history none of it is in date/time order of last post.. I think. I will get used to it. I will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500