Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

I find it very curious that we are not supposed to talk about the Homeless guy killed in a hit and run. Yet here it is on Nancy Grace.
you can't put that cat back on the bag.
I think more dominos are going to fall before this is all over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it very curious that we are not supposed to talk about the Homeless guy killed in a hit and run. Yet here it is on Nancy Grace.
you can't put that cat back on the bag.
I think more dominos are going to fall before this is all over.

We aren't talking about him at this time because our VI, FindLucasAllen, has requested that we not do so and we are respecting the family's wishes in this matter. FindLucasAllen has told us that there is no evidence that the homeless man had anything to do with Lucas' death.

WHOA HOLD YOUR HORSES...YIKES. LOL
I should have added a qualifier to that statement. Something along the lines of "Jonathan will always stand by Emily...until he doesn't." Really Jonathan could go back and forth 10 times before the trial. Who knows? If I had to choose, in my opinion, I would say when this goes to trial, (unless it doesn't) Jonathan will still believe Emily's story. Because if he doesn't believe her then he has to admit he is the one who left Lucas alone with a killer.
Understood. I stand by my original statement.

He also told Grace that Glass admitted to using methamphetamine while Lucas and her 1-year-old daughter were at home and that she let a homeless man spend the night at her house just before she reported Lucas missing to police.

Marshburn told Grace he thought Glass brought the homeless man to her house so she could frame him. The homeless man was later killed in a hit-and-run, according to Grace’s podcast.

If Glass did invite a homeless man to spend the night at her house, I wonder if it was with the intentions of framing him. And, if Glass did plan on framing the homeless man, then she should be charged with premeditated murder. Because it sounds like Lucas was still alive during this time.

And, I find it to be weird that she would invite a homeless person to spend the night. Especially since so many homeless people suffer from mental illness.

Recordings on 'Nancy Grace' reveal how investigator persuaded Lucas' stepmom to talk

I wish we knew what is meant by "just before." I probably need to go back and read and/or listen, but could it mean DAYS before? As in, Valentine's Day?

JMO

I'm not sure how I feel about JH going on NG. I mean yes - I totally want to hear what he has to say - but I'm already in the camp that this is fast approaching circus mentality and NG definitely has the potential to exacerbate that.

As much as I get the emotional desire to know what happened (and I'm certainly emotionally invested in the case - I'm struggling with this all internally, which is why I'm putting these thoughts out there), I'm feeling more and more that the PI should have stepped away after turning his findings over to LE.

While I have no doubt that his motives coming in were purely on finding Lucas, all of this after-publicity makes me uncomfortable and even skeptical. I realize I'm probably in the minority on that. Maybe it's because I've been the extended family member of a victim of violent crime and even just hearing about it over & over on the local news was bad enough. Or maybe I'm just extra sensitive to the potential for exploitation and hype of someone's tragedy for the sake of ratings and notoriety. I don't know.

If the PI or NG or whoever can help the case and/or help JH come to terms with what really happened, of course I'm all for it. I just don't feel comfortable with it all happening in front of John Q. Public.

I hope this doesn't come across as surly. It's said from a point of compassion for the family, and concern for the integrity of the case. I mean no disrespect to those who are involved with the after-publicity, and acknowledge & appreciate when it is done respectfully and carefully.

I just think there's a fine line and that it may be approaching. And, to quote my favorite EMAW, "Just thinking out loud".

Last edited:
I think we’re well past all of this becoming a circus. I really can’t imagine why JH is going on NG. He could just release a statement through the family spokeswoman. He must have some reason he wants to speak publicly with NG.

I'm not sure how I feel about JH going on NG. I mean yes - I totally want to hear what he has to say - but I'm already in the camp that this is fast approaching circus mentality and NG definitely has the potential to exacerbate that.

As much as I get the emotional desire to know what happened (and I'm certainly emotionally invested in the case - I'm struggling with this all internally, which is why I'm putting these thoughts out there), I'm feeling more and more that the PI should have stepped away after turning his findings over to LE.

While I have no doubt that his motives coming in were purely on finding Lucas, all of this after-publicity makes me uncomfortable and even skeptical. I realize I'm probably in the minority on that. Maybe it's because I've been the extended family member of a victim of violent crime and even just hearing about it over & over on the local news was bad enough. Or maybe I'm just extra sensitive to the potential for exploitation and hype of someone's tragedy for the sake of ratings and notoriety. I don't know.

If the PI or NG or whoever can help the case and/or help JH come to terms with what really happened, of course I'm all for it. I just don't feel comfortable with it all happening in front of John Q. Public.

I hope this doesn't come across as surly. It's said from a point of compassion for the family, and concern for the integrity of the case. I mean no disrespect to those who are involved with the after-publicity, and acknowledge & appreciate when it is done respectfully and carefully.

I just think there's a fine line and that it may be approaching. And, to quote my favorite EMAW, "Just thinking out loud".

Don't you just think so much better that way? :p

I think JH should release a pre-planned statement through the family spokesperson, and call it a day. All of the people bring interviewed have potential to jeopardize the investigation, but he's going to be far more emotionally charged than the PI, for example, and more likely to overspeak. Also, we have heard him before, he gets quite defensive about certain topics. That's not the person who should be speaking publicly, for an hour! If he gets highly defensive and wound up, and says something he shouldn't he could hurt himself legally, or he could hurt getting justice for his son, among other things. Or is that his motive?

ETA: I would guess he's going to have an attorney sitting with him. The guy has his own open criminal investigation. I hope his attorney for that case would advise him to not go on air, answering questions to someone eho is trained to ask them in a way to incriminate (NG was a practicing attorney).

Don't you just think so much better that way? :p

I think JH should release a pre-planned statement through the family spokesperson, and call it a day. All of the people bring interviewed have potential to jeopardize the investigation, but he's going to be far more emotionally charged than the PI, for example, and more likely to overspeak. Also, we have heard him before, he gets quite defensive about certain topics. That's not the person who should be speaking publicly, for an hour! If he gets highly defensive and wound up, and says something he shouldn't he could hurt himself legally, or he could hurt getting justice for his son, among other things. Or is that his motive?
Interesting thoughts. I'm also curious to see how his live responses will compare/contrast with the written/released statements that have been attributed to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993