Found Safe VA - Emma Kennedy, 7 Months, Danville, 3 June 2018

From Sheriff Robert A. Graves

"A Good Day in Law Enforcement"

Randolph County Deputies apprehended Carl Ray Kennedy near Randleman, NC on June 5th 2018. The abducted 7month old child was with Kennedy at the time and appears to be unharmed. Mr. Kennedy was located due to an anonymous tip, which stemmed from the amber alert issued out of Danville, Virginia. Investigators learned just prior to his arrest that Mr. Kennedy had applied paint to his car in an attempt to disguise the vehicle. The color was changed from gold to black but was still able to be recognized by a concerned citizen. We stress that this operation, which began on Monday 06/04/2018 and continued throughout the night and into Tuesday 06/05/2018, was brought to a successful conclusion by a group effort involving the citizens of Randolph County, the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office, multiple FBI Task Forces, the United States Secret Service, the United States Marshall Service, Danville Police Department, Chatham County Sheriff’s Office, North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation and the Moore County Sheriff’s Office. This case was a text book team effort, utilizing all resources and manpower from each agency, which resulted in a successful and safe outcome for everyone involved.

5DA148DC-460A-42DC-ACB2-9ADCEEB42B31.jpeg0860BADB-C7D9-4024-97C5-5988E1F58269.jpeg

Randolph County Sheriff's Office

That photo with the officer holding Emma tugs at my heart.

I love her "michelin" arms.

What a good ending. The people who called in the tips are wonderful!!!!

Deep gratitude to the law enforcement who brought Emma home safely.

The Latest: Flurry of 911 calls help find missing baby

[...]

Three different people called 911 within five minutes of each other to report seeing the North Carolina sex offender who police say kidnapped his 7-month-old daughter from a Virginia gas station.

Two 911 calls released Tuesday hours after the baby was found safe came from a North Carolina woman who said Carl Kennedy called her to help get diapers and formula.

A third came from a man who saw him changing a tire on a car spray-painted black on the side of the road and the fourth 911 call was from a friend of a neighbor who saw the 51-year-old man and child.

[...]

Alma McCarty‏Verified account @AlmaJMcCarty 2h2 hours ago
Statement from Emma Grace’s family: “Our family is so grateful to have Emma Grace back healthy and safe with us again. We thank all of the friends, viewers, media, police & authorities who have supported us during this time and made it possible for us to locate Emma...” @WFMY

Alma McCarty‏Verified account @AlmaJMcCarty 2h2 hours ago
CONTINUED - “... Everyone who helped in every little way are heroes today, you brought Emma home. God bless.” @WFMY

Not much to add but thank goodness this baby was found safe and sound.I'm thinking he had no real intentions of hurting the precious baby.He was desperate to see her and lashed out the only way he knew how.So maybe he cares somewhat for his daughters.So that probably saved the baby.But yeah He's still a .I actually lived in Asheboro-Randleman 20 years ago friendly place.

I am near in Greensboro and the alert on Emma was highly publicized.From news coverage to Amber Alert signs along highways to amber alert tweets.Everyone in N. Carolina new this baby was missing.

Am I the only one who is surprised at the whole "paint the car black" part of the story? Do they teach this stuff in prison? Maybe up close it's obvious it was a diy paint job, but heck, it shows how resourceful this miscreant perp is. That scares me almost as much as his criminal record. IMO

I am near in Greensboro and the alert on Emma was highly publicized.From news coverage to Amber Alert signs along highways to amber alert tweets.Everyone in N. Carolina new this baby was missing.

It was also very well publicized here in the Roanoke valley in VA, I saw the Amber Alert on a local page about 15-20min after it went out. I’m so thankful that the public was aware and alert!

Last edited:
7-Month-Old Emma Kennedy Found, Her Father Carl Kennedy Arrested

*much more at the link with the press conference, details of the arrest, photos and the 911 calls from tipsters

Wow. I listened to the 911 calls and MULTIPLE people called about seeing him and gave tips about the car being spray painted black too. I'm so impressed with the community that they called and reported it. Sounds like he tried to get help from friends or family who pretended they would help him, but quietly passed it on to someone else who could call 911 to let the police know where he was with the baby.

I'm so glad these good people put baby Emma's life ahead of any fear (or loyalty) they might have of the perp. If he had found someone willing to hide him and the baby he could have stayed hidden for a long time. Hopefully sweet Emma will have no trauma or lasting memory of this whole event.

Mom of abducted infant says the days her daughter was missing were difficult

[...]

Murphy said her daughter was a bit dirty when deputies rescued her, but other than that, she is fine.

She said she now hopes Carl is punished appropriately, but ultimately, she just wants what is best for Emma.

While her daughter was missing, Murphy said she tried her best to stay optimistic.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back