Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If DM left evidence on the computers of killing his father, this guy was really out to lunch. It is good for the police, I just cannot believe what an idiot DM has proven to be.
He must have felt that he would never be caught, ugh.
I saw pictures of inside the house, some pictures I have never seen and it is a complete pigstye. It looks like hoarders lived in the house.
Clothes are thrown all over, and tons of clutter in almost every room.
The house was a nice house that the father owned but it was in such bad condition with clutter everywhere.
Even the outside was not maintained at all.
The house was sold and it should be torn down in my opinion with all the horrific past.

I was thinking that too that if DM stayed there he'd be a first-class hoarder.

Who could live there after buying the place? Creepy. Same with the barn IMO.

How is the judge a tech savvy? Seems those details were on both trials. She must know the process, no need to waist the time.

I don't know about the real estate laws here but in many other places the realtor has to disclose if anyone has ever died on the property. If I was house hunting, found that place and didn't already know it's history, that would be a deal breaker for me. However, not everyone is creeped out by such things. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would buy it and live there.

I drive by the barn once or twice a month. Whoever owns it now has done a lot of work, it looks much nicer than the photo's we saw during the Babcock case.

I work near the Waterloo Regional Airport where the hanger is. Seems like its up and running as a repair shop as intended by Wayne. It creeps me out to know that Dellen and crew probably drove by my work regularly, and that I may have shared the road with them.

DM provided one of his own computer for AM to use in the basement? What happened to the computer DM shipped to AM while he was living in Winnipeg? Perhaps it wasn't a working computer, just one to stow illegal drugs in. Perhaps allowing others to use his computers was a ploy. Any questionable searches DM did, he could say he wasn't the only one using his computers. ALL MOO.

There was also an allegation that Millard sent a computer with marijuana and steroids hidden inside it to his friend, Andrew Michalski, when Michalski was in Winnipeg. A photo of a computer with the guts showing was discussed in court when the jury was not there; the photo had been sent between Millard and Michalski in text messages. The photo was seen as inconclusive and the issue not relevant to the charges.
Smuggling plots, hard drugs and foreboding messages: What the jury didn’t hear in the Tim Bosma murder trial
AC's tweets from today: Falconer is now talking about the general specs of another computer found in Millard's basement, which had a "Dellen" windows user account. Falconer says the browsing history on this computer shows that it was being used by Millard's friend Andrew Michalski. Michalski's Steam, Skype and Facebook accounts were all found on this computer, he says.

Doesn't matter because what has been seen can't be unseen by the judge. So it's all good.

True. But unlike a jury trial when we never really know how they reached a verdict, the judge in this trial will not only announce the verdict at some point in time, but will also describe what admissible testimony and evidence was either accepted or rejected by her in forming that conclusion. Hypothetically, that’s what prevents a judge from only relying on inadmissable evidence to convict.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 10m10 minutes ago
Court is now resuming. Falconer is back in the witness box, talking about information pulled from Millard's electronic devices. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
The first texts we're seeing are from 2010, from Millard to his friend and mechanic, Shane Schlatman. They're talking about vehicles -- the Crown is showing these to establish it is indeed Millard writing them. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Falconer is now showing a few more texts. In all of these, they're still establishing this is Millard responding to them. #Millard

The phone number on some of these texts is the 7151 phone number that the Crown alleges Millard had on him on the night of his father's death:
by Adam Carter 2:24 PM

In some of these texts we're seeing, Millard says his "other" number is "malfunctioning." The Crown is showing these to illustrate Millard used more than one phone.
by Adam Carter 2:28 PM

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 11s11 seconds ago
We're now seeing the contact list from one of Millard's phones. MillardAir is on there -- as is "Isho." That's Matthew Ward Jackson, who has been convicted of weapons trafficking. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/matthew-ward-jackson-sentenced-1.4484762 … #Millard

6c666552-e42e-475d-817b-4119192398ce_500.jpg

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Crown Ken Lockhart now asking if software can detect everything that had been deleted from a phone. Falconer says no, it won't. But sometimes, it does -- if the space it was in hasn't been overwritten. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 13s14 seconds ago
Also on the contact lists we're seeing numbers associated with Mark Smich, Andrew Michalski, and Christina Noudga, Millard's then girlfriend. Millard's Uncle, Robert Burns, is in there too. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC now17 seconds ago
We're now seeing a photo of Mark Smich, shirtless and flashing a thumbs up in front of a TV. The Crown is showing this to establish Smich as the person associated to a specific phone number. #Millard

**Note, for those following AC's twitter or blog, I took the liberty of fixing that typo myself. :D

Court is indeed sitting:

Madeleine Burns -- Millard's mother -- is now in the courtroom. She is being bound over to Friday, June 15. This will be the first time she will be testifying out of any of the three trials. She looks at her son in the box as she leaves. #Millard Adam Carter on Twitter

Well, then.

I imagine this may be a hard day to get a seat? I'd be traveling in from a bit of a distance.
Can anyone advise the probability of being able to sit in?

Well, then.

I imagine this may be a hard day to get a seat? I'd be traveling in from a bit of a distance.
Can anyone advise the probability of being able to sit in?

I'm guessing that there may be more media and spectators there that day than any other. But that would just be a guess. If you can get in, it might be the best day to be there to see something new and different from the other 2 trials I suppose? And if you do, we expect a full report! :p

Last edited:
Not sure if this case has an overflow room. Many do. For reporters and anyone who cant get in the Courtroom itself. Everything is shown on a screen and one can get up and leave at will. Drink water etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member