Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnathon is suffering because he thought abuse was ok but not murder.
Now thats the truth.
If not then Lucas would be alive.

I have a hard time with this. Emily was a very good manipulator/liar. I’ve met a couple in my time.

I think he asked her, because I believe he lived his son. I think she came up with some darn good stories about boys being boys monkey bars and falling off sofa that he choose to believe. None of the abuse in all likelihood happened in front of him except maybe a swat on the bottom when kids misbehave. I’ve been a targeted kid. I know abuse can start 5 minutes after someone leaves the house until they pull in the driveway at the end of the day. I remember the “if you tell it will hurt 100 times more next time” threats as well. I just believe that the family was also dysfunctional no filters and/or boundaries.

I just don’t think there’s enough evidence to charge him and prove anything except the incident with EG SON.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: snipped quote that was removed>

And I’m very sorry for what you suffered in childhood. I too was the targeted child in my family. Still am as. My bipolar mother is still living though the abuse now is emotional not physical. You did think at 55 I’d be immune but it still hurts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have often wondered about when the police asked if anyone saw someone running barefoot. (Sorry, I don't have a link, but it has been discussed several times) I have wondered if that was Lucas running after EG's car when she left him alone. Just a thought that went through my mind in all of this craziness. As much as I would love to see justice for Lucas, most of all I want answers for the family. I hate to think of how many other precious children are going through the same thing as I am typing this. RIH Lucas.

I have often wondered about when the police asked if anyone saw someone running barefoot. (Sorry, I don't have a link, but it has been discussed several times) I have wondered if that was Lucas running after EG's car when she left him alone. Just a thought that went through my mind in all of this craziness. As much as I would love to see justice for Lucas, most of all I want answers for the family. I hate to think of how many other precious children are going through the same thing as I am typing this. RIH Lucas.

This is one of the first WPD Updates on the search for Lucas. Officer Charlie says, "If you saw somebody running with no shoes on, a couple days ago, or saw something suspicious, saw something out of place, to call the tip line " I believe he was just giving examples of what to call in, not that there was actually someone running barefoot.

WPD update on search for Lucas Hernandez (03:55)

Last edited:
This is one of the first WPD Updates on the search for Lucas. Officer Charlie says, "If you saw somebody running with no shoes on, a couple days ago, or saw something suspicious, saw something out of place, to call the tip line " I believe he was just giving examples of what to call in, not that there was actually someone running barefoot.

True, but that's a pretty odd thing to instruct to recall.

A short time before he makes that statement he talks about what Lucas was wearing when he went missing - socks (no shoes)- IMO he was referring to Lucas

I'm wondering if there was a witness to the murder. That might be who was running with no shoes on LE is wondering about.

I’m starting to wonder if the person running w/o shoes they wanted to question could have been the homeless man. Perhaps that is what prompted him to go speak with Detectives.

A short time before he makes that statement he talks about what Lucas was wearing when he went missing - socks (no shoes)- IMO he was referring to Lucas

I disagree, although I can see why one might think that, imo if they meant Lucas they would have said a child not a person.

I’m starting to wonder if the person running w/o shoes they wanted to question could have been the homeless man. Perhaps that is what prompted him to go speak with Detectives.

Perhaps. I've wondered the same. It makes sense.
Why would he have been running tho? He said he never saw Lucas. I wonder if that's a lie and he saw the murder and/or participated. He's precariously deceased now.

I disagree, although I can see why one might think that, imo if they meant Lucas they would have said a child not a person.

<modsnip: snipped quote that was removed>

And I’m very sorry for what you suffered in childhood. I too was the targeted child in my family. Still am as. My bipolar mother is still living though the abuse now is emotional not physical. You did think at 55 I’d be immune but it still hurts.

I think she had disposed of him by then. I have thought it all along. Will have to wait and see if there will be a formal hearing or inquest into the matter. Many of the questions deserve an answer so that wild theories don’t take the place if the truth which is difficult enough.

It’s been just over one week since the last major incident involving anyone in this matter. I hope it remains that way.

I think EGs family probably had a very private gathering to avoid public and media scrutiny. At least I hope they did. There has been no public comment from them and it has to a very painful time for all of them as well.

I am leaning more towards negligence, here. Responsible gun owners hide the cabinet key.

Depending on a lot if she was determined, a key, locked door or a locked gun safe would not have stopped her.

Her criminal record shows a vehicle theft. She wanted a car she took it even after her sister said no.

EG DIDNT ask she just took. She was selfish and above rules.

I think at the end she had been publicly vilified, and the last straw was the loss if the lifestyle which allowed her money for drugs, a nice house, a vehicle and freedom to behave badly when JH was away at work. All that disappeared when JH saud he was no longer supporting her. She’d be homeless again. And have none of her children.

Obtaining the means to end her life was easy because it’s what she wanted. She didn’t cinsuder her kids her family and I believe she wanted to leave JH with the horrible image of what a rifle does to a human skull. That’s how she wanted him to remember her.

It is obvious that LE considered EG a POI very early in this case. She was never formally identified as such, let alone a suspect, until after her death. No big surprise there.
Other than the usual "if you saw something suspicious.." here we are discussing the only tidbit LE ever released-- someone running wearing no shoes. I wonder how well that cryptic clue worked out for them?
I always questioned why LE did not eventually release a similar photo of EG's white SUV to the media, asking if anyone saw anything suspicious specifically related to this vehicle. You know, like driving slowly down country roads in the dark, or stopping at bridges etc.
It was evident to LE that EG was always a suspect in public opinion, and releasing more information to assist in the case "could" have resulted in finding Lucas's body before decomposition became a real problem. I guess LE had good reason not to name EG as a suspect, but I regret that they weren't more proactive in involving public assistance. MOO

If I remember right EG May have said she ran out of house barefoot the night she reported Lucas missing. Perhaps le was already suspicious and trying to verify her story.

This is crazy and sad.

I'm wondering if there was a witness to the murder. That might be who was running with no shoes on LE is wondering about.

I don’t believe he was killed that night. I think she had disposed of his body several days before. I think she was darn good at conjuring up her story, cleaning up the house. Smoking drugs and had to feel good about everything being in place.

Until she ran head on into a cop that can read people better than she could lie.

It is obvious that LE considered EG a POI very early in this case. She was never formally identified as such, let alone a suspect, until after her death. No big surprise there.
Other than the usual "if you saw something suspicious.." here we are discussing the only tidbit LE ever released-- someone running wearing no shoes. I wonder how well that cryptic clue worked out for them?
I always questioned why LE did not eventually release a similar photo of EG's white SUV to the media, asking if anyone saw anything suspicious specifically related to this vehicle. You know, like driving slowly down country roads in the dark, or stopping at bridges etc.
It was evident to LE that EG was always a suspect in public opinion, and releasing more information to assist in the case "could" have resulted in finding Lucas's body before decomposition became a real problem. I guess LE had good reason not to name EG as a suspect, but I regret that they weren't more proactive in involving public assistance. MOO

I agree they knew early on. They set up tip line and began organizing searches. I might guess that if they had a cadaver dog it hit on the car and they knew right away they were looking for a deceased child.

Several members of WS devoted hours and hours searching and mapping searches. I don’t really know everything they did. But Wichita sure looked for him and did so quietly. I’m amazed at the time and effort people were looking.

And it angers me when I think of EG sitting in jail and at home knowing full well Lucas was dead and where his remains were. I can’t think of the resources wasted which could have been utilized for other emergencies that she watched wasted.

I wonder what FBI profilers had to say about her. I’d be interested in tat analysis alone.

This has always puzzled me as well. I just don't understand why they didn't put a picture out of her vehicle as well as her face in the beginning. She was the last person to see him before she reported him missing. They knew she went to OG that night and left Lucas home alone. She admitted to smoking bowls before she went to OG, yet there was no evidence of any drug paraphernalia in the home or garage. All red flags right there. I feel that at the very least, they could have showed her vehicle, just in case it jogged someone's memory of seeing one on the side of the road.

Excellent points.

This has always puzzled me as well. I just don't understand why they didn't put a picture out of her vehicle as well as her face in the beginning. She was the last person to see him before she reported him missing. They knew she went to OG that night and left Lucas home alone. She admitted to smoking bowls before she went to OG, yet there was no evidence of any drug paraphernalia in the home or garage. All red flags right there. I feel that at the very least, they could have showed her vehicle, just in case it jogged someone's memory of seeing one on the side of the road.
I'm thinking they probably already suspected that Lucas was gone before that Friday and that's why she wasn't charged additionally with endangering him by leaving him home alone, unwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get