Canada - Canadian hockey team fatal bus accident tragedy, 6 April 2018

Yes i agree with all of what you said here, but what in the world does it have to do with whether or not the driver is a "recent immigrant"? And where are you getting that info from? And what difference does it make if he is a "recent immigrant"?
No direct evidence, just my impression (and that of many others) given the sparse information released on the driver and his employer. The trucking business had been in existence only a short time, driver had a license only a short time, very minimal training and experience. I hope all pertinent information will be released when this marathon investigation is concluded.

No direct evidence, just my impression (and that of many others) given the sparse information released on the driver and his employer. The trucking business had been in existence only a short time, driver had a license only a short time, very minimal training and experience. I hope all pertinent information will be released when this marathon investigation is concluded.

If it does turn out that the truck driver is a recent immigrant to Canada, it will only deepen the suspicions among many that I have read online that the results of the investigation are/have been delayed or witheld purely for political reasons. Our Prime Minister will be seen by many to have caused this situation with his perceived support of the Sikh community (and the offsetting disrespect he has shown for the Indian government), and his announcement that Canada will welcome anyone who wants to come.

Update about Ryan’s progress

Ryan Straschnitzki, who had previously been undergoing physiotherapy at Calgary’s Foothills Medical Centre after being transferred from hospital in Saskatoon, has been continuing his rehabilitation at the Shriners Hospital for Children in Philadelphia for the last two weeks. His father, Tom Straschnitzki, posted updates and video on Twitter on Monday, sharing jokes and urging his son in one post to “keep strong.”

http://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca...-ryan-straschnitzki-continues-rehab-in-philly

Yes i agree with all of what you said here, but what in the world does it have to do with whether or not the driver is a "recent immigrant"? And where are you getting that info from? And what difference does it make if he is a "recent immigrant"?

Best wishes CoolJ .... I will try my best to explain some of those comments (they are valid) .... but we live in such a politically sensitive world the truth never gets out.

Here goes ..... there are "certain cultures" who come as immigrants and they bend or break the rules .... such as licensing long haul truck drivers who are not properly trained. "They" position folks "from their own culture" who can "issue and approve" the basic driver license.

Folks from that "same culture" had a clever insurance scam for years .... they would slam on their brakes in traffic .... get rear-ended .... feign back and neck injuries and get awarded huge insurance settlements and monthly incomes on disability.

The insurance industry and local driver caught on to those scams and were aware not to get in those traffic situations. To keep the scams going these "immigrant drivers from a different culture" began to use exit ramps and merge lanes to slip into traffic and then slam on the brakes , get rear ended and make huge liability claims.

These are factual things I am stating .... it got to the point that Manitoba Public Insurance changed all thier criteria to end all liability law suits in the province and reduced it to a small fixed amount payable to everyone injured , I think it is $100,000 for death , break an arm or leg much less.

Most immigrants are wonderful honest hard working citizens , but some are not.

None of this will affect the Humbolt Police investigation , but I bet some of these things will be mentioned in the final report. The point is "some of the disparaging sounding comments here are at least partly valid. thank you.

Best wishes CoolJ .... I will try my best to explain some of those comments (they are valid) .... but we live in such a politically sensitive world the truth never gets out.

Here goes ..... there are "certain cultures" who come as immigrants and they bend or break the rules .... such as licensing long haul truck drivers who are not properly trained. "They" position folks "from their own culture" who can "issue and approve" the basic driver license.

Folks from that "same culture" had a clever insurance scam for years .... they would slam on their brakes in traffic .... get rear-ended .... feign back and neck injuries and get awarded huge insurance settlements and monthly incomes on disability.

The insurance industry and local driver caught on to those scams and were aware not to get in those traffic situations. To keep the scams going these "immigrant drivers from a different culture" began to use exit ramps and merge lanes to slip into traffic and then slam on the brakes , get rear ended and make huge liability claims.

These are factual things I am stating .... it got to the point that Manitoba Public Insurance changed all thier criteria to end all liability law suits in the province and reduced it to a small fixed amount payable to everyone injured , I think it is $100,000 for death , break an arm or leg much less.

Most immigrants are wonderful honest hard working citizens , but some are not.

None of this will affect the Humbolt Police investigation , but I bet some of these things will be mentioned in the final report. The point is "some of the disparaging sounding comments here are at least partly valid. thank you.

They are not valid when someone posts a baseless rumour as fact. We know nothing about the driver of the truck. Please enlighten me if there are any relevant sources about the truck driver

They are not valid when someone posts a baseless rumour as fact. We know nothing about the driver of the truck. Please enlighten me if there are any relevant sources about the truck driver

There are some things we do know. He was involved in an incident that killed 16 young men. He was questioned and released. There is no evidence that his driving licence was retained by police or his driving privileges have been suspended. So, it is possible that he is back behind the wheel of a truck, and may have been since shortly after the accident. In fact, he may be driving the same road as he was the day of the crash. We we don’t know why he hasn’t been identified. So we are left to imagine why.

16 people were killed.
An investigation is still underway.

IMHO ANY driver behind the wheel of ANY vehicle involved should not be back behind ANY wheel and should not have been allowed to leave ANY country...………………………...YET.

ETA: THIS JUST happened to a CANADIAN in Cuba, mind you NO ONE was killed in the accident. But, the Canadian was not allowed to leave Cuba until the investigation was complete. Here's the link $30,000 and months later, Canadian able to leave Cuba | The Star

Last edited:
While rumours persist that the truck driver has fled Canada, there is no confirmation and in fact the RCMP has issued a news release debunking the rumour. It certainly is frustrating that no official results of the investigation have been released after all this time. They probably want to get all the i's dotted and t's crossed due to the government's immigration policies that are under fire and inconsistent trucking regulations across the country. It's a political situation the authorities don't want to get wrong.

I apologize true they debunked the rumor

I was trying to hit home, I don't give a rats patootie where the driver is from.

Is ALL…..lol....FAILED tho, My bad.

I apologize true they debunked the rumor

I was trying to hit home, I don't give a rats patootie where the driver is from.

Is ALL…..lol....FAILED tho, My bad.

I don't care where he is from either. But what would concern me is if LE didn't take appropriate and reasonable steps to keep him from leaving Canada.

16 people were killed.
An investigation is still underway.

IMHO ANY driver behind the wheel of ANY vehicle involved should not be back behind ANY wheel and should not have been allowed to leave ANY country...………………………...YET.

ETA: THIS JUST happened to a CANADIAN in Cuba, mind you NO ONE was killed in the accident. But, the Canadian was not allowed to leave Cuba until the investigation was complete. Here's the link $30,000 and months later, Canadian able to leave Cuba | The Star

I totally agree with you.

His license should have been revoked pending the outcome of the investigation and if he is not a Canadian national he should have had to hand in his passport to law enforcement.

Nine of the surviving members of the Humboldt Broncos hockey team were in good spirits Monday as they gathered together for the first time since the tragic April 6 bus crash that killed 16 people.

The nine men were able to hang out at the Calgary Airport before boarding a flight to Las Vegas for Wednesday’s NHL Awards, where their late head coach Darcy Haugan is nominated to posthumously receive the Willie O’Ree Community Hero Award.

They’ll be joined in Las Vegas by a tenth teammate, Ryan Straschnitzki, who is flying in from Philadelphia where he is undergoing rehabilitation.

Humboldt Broncos players reunite on their way to NHL Awards in Las Vegas

This is going to be a very emotional event.

Nine of the surviving members of the Humboldt Broncos hockey team were in good spirits Monday as they gathered together for the first time since the tragic April 6 bus crash that killed 16 people.

The nine men were able to hang out at the Calgary Airport before boarding a flight to Las Vegas for Wednesday’s NHL Awards, where their late head coach Darcy Haugan is nominated to posthumously receive the Willie O’Ree Community Hero Award.

They’ll be joined in Las Vegas by a tenth teammate, Ryan Straschnitzki, who is flying in from Philadelphia where he is undergoing rehabilitation.

Humboldt Broncos players reunite on their way to NHL Awards in Las Vegas

This is going to be a very emotional event.

I've watched the videos and my eyes still well with tears each time I see or hear about these guys. So thankful that 10 are able to make the journey to Vegas and hoping the other 3 are doing ok.

His license should have been revoked pending the outcome of the investigation

there is no law stating what you are saying, no matter how severe an accident is,

there would be chaos and outrage if we gave police the power to make up laws on the fly,

the police are already corrupt enough, things would get worse,

police can only enforce laws that are currently there, they can't make up their own as they see fit, and i am more then fine with that, that would be the last thing we need,

Last edited:
there is no law stating what you are saying, no matter how severe an accident is,

there would be chaos and outrage if we gave police the power to make up laws on the fly,

the police are already corrupt enough, things would get worse,

police can only enforce laws that are currently there, they can't make up their own as they see fit, and i am more then fine with that, that would be the last thing we need,

I know it isn’t law but it should be.

C5421CE9-D083-4F54-A851-3008717F3551.jpeg

Kaleb Dahlgren pushes Ryan Straschnitzki’s wheelchair up a ramp and onto a riser.

Tyler Smith follows right behind and takes his spot in front of a sea of cameras and microphones inside a vast luxury hotel ballroom.

It’s not how they wanted it to be, but some of the surviving Humboldt Broncos are finally back together.

“Sharing stories and just kind of being [as much of] a team as we can again is important,” Smith said on Tuesday. “We can cry together, we can do everything together and just kind of heal in our own way.

“It’s just a blessing to be here together.”

Surviving Humboldt Broncos meet in Vegas for the NHL Awards

I really hope these guys are friends for life and support each other I am sure they will do. I’m glad they have each other for support.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back