Found Safe KY - Charlee Campbell, 2, *autistic* & Pitbull Terrier Named Penny, Bullitt County, 7 Jun 2018

Why did the Sheriff maintain hopes of finding Charlee alive after the cadaver dogs hit on the pool? I know we're interested in the pool but are LE even interested? If they were I'm sure they would have requested a warrant to search that pool urgently. Was it even taped off as a crime scene?

One possibility is that they were able to determine that an old family burial plot was located in that particular area. It's not that uncommon to find abandoned, forgotten about family graves dotted throughout some of the rural (and not so rural) counties of Kentucky. IMO

Yeah, the differences in ages in this case have me laughing for sure.
This case: Grandma is 40 and has a 2-year-old grandchild.
Me: I am nearly 52 and have one child who is 12.

:confused:

There was an article in our local paper about a minor accident, it gave the name of the driver, 28, and the passenger, her granddaughter, 2 months, no injuries reported.

On the newspaper’s website several comments mentioned that this must be a misprint. The reporter posted feedback confirming the ages of the grandmother as 28 years and her granddaughter as 2 months.

Several years ago we had a neighbor who bragged about his daughter being the prettiest grandma. She was 32 and her granddaughter was 3. I had to laugh because at the time I was 32 and had a 3 year old child.

There was an article in our local paper about a minor accident, it gave the name of the driver, 28, and the passenger, her granddaughter, 2 months, no injuries reported.

On the newspaper’s website several comments mentioned that this must be a misprint. The reporter posted feedback confirming the ages of the grandmother as 28 years and her granddaughter as 2 months.

Several years ago we had a neighbor who bragged about his daughter being the prettiest grandma. She was 32 and her granddaughter was 3. I had to laugh because at the time I was 32 and had a 3 year old child.
Easily doable when each mother became a Mom at 14.

Why did the Sheriff maintain hopes of finding Charlee alive after the cadaver dogs hit on the pool? I know we're interested in the pool but are LE even interested? If they were I'm sure they would have requested a warrant to search that pool urgently. Was it even taped off as a crime scene?
If my memory is serving me correctly, I believe his "hope" had almost depleted at that time; but he received the phone call that Charlee was at the neighbor's home within about the time-frame of one hour.

So, maybe time just didn't permit the completion of "naming" a crime scene and applying for a search warrant; and then with Charlee being found safe the circumstance which would have allowed the warrant became void?

Interesting point, and "tip of the hat" to the poster above who mentioned the possibility of the location once being an old burial ground.

Perhaps this will help clarify the cadaver dogs and their hit on the pool, and the lack of follow up. Cadaver dogs are only “reasonable suspicion” hits. There has to be other evidence for probable cause to get a warrant. I think this is a reputable source, it is consistent with what I’ve been taught anyway. http://www.policek9.com/Fleck/Cadaver Dogs.pdf

Perhaps this will help clarify the cadaver dogs and their hit on the pool, and the lack of follow up. Cadaver dogs are only “reasonable suspicion” hits. There has to be other evidence for probable cause to get a warrant. I think this is a reputable source, it is consistent with what I’ve been taught anyway. http://www.policek9.com/Fleck/Cadaver Dogs.pdf
This would be easier to brush off if it was one dog. But four?? Come on! That has to peak someone’s curiosity.

This would be easier to brush off if it was one dog. But four?? Come on! That has to peak someone’s curiosity.
It probably does, but without probable cause a hundred dogs could hit and there’s nothing LE can do.
What gets me, if I’m innocent of murder and four cadaver dogs hit on MY pool, I’d be begging to have it dug up, searched, examined, whatever. No warrant needed at my house.
Do we know for a fact the pool wasn’t investigated further? Now I don’t remember....

I'm still interested in the forensics testing of Charlee's stomach contents to see if she was given anything to eat in the hours she was missing. That would definitely point to someone having her during that time and her not wandering and being in the woods while she was missing.

Since Charlee was found alive, there wouldn't be any forensics examination of her stomach contents, would there? I don't believe so. Her stomach would have to be pumped, which would be an uncomfortable, traumatic procedure for her to endure and I seriously doubt she would be subjected to such an invasive procedure.

I've never heard of a live victim's stomach (in a missing persons case - especially a live child victim's stomach) being pumped in order to examine stomach contents.

Since Charlee was found alive, there wouldn't be any forensics examination of her stomach contents, would there? I don't believe so. Her stomach would have to be pumped, which would be an uncomfortable, traumatic procedure for her to endure and I seriously doubt she would be subjected to such an invasive procedure.

I've never heard of a live victim's stomach (in a missing persons case - especially a live child victim's stomach) being pumped in order to examine stomach contents.

IIRC, it was reported she was sick to her stomach at the neighbor's home and again at the police station. I wonder if anyone though to collect that evidence.

I agree re the hospital - can't imagine they would have pumped her stomach.

moo

I
IIRC, it was reported she was sick to her stomach at the neighbor's home and again at the police station. I wonder if anyone though to collect that evidence.

moo

I think that will be essential to find out what happened to her...ticks and food are the key, IMO;) still so happy she was found alive...

Did the cadaver dogs ONLY hit on the pool? What about the surrounding areas? Because it would be one thing for a totally forgotten family burial ground to be there. But another thing entirely for it to be only under the area of the pool wouldn't it? Wouldn't they need to dig it up to confirm it was a forgotten burial ground? Or would these people seriously put a pool over a known abandoned burial ground? :/

moo

If I recall, it was stated that Charlee was throwing up bile.

Does anyone remember the neighbor that found her, saying she had a bottle with a little bit of fluid in it? I don't believe it was said what type of bottle or fluid. I suppose it could have been an old bottle she found in the woods or did someone give her a bottle of fluid before letting her go, if that's what happened. I wonder if they kept the bottle.

I've been wondering about this ever since reading the sheriff said they were going to forensically test her stomach contents. I remember wondering how the heck they were going to do that?! It makes me question the sheriff though. I mean did he say that out loud without having any idea how it was done or could be done? Or did he say that to try and scare someone? It was the sheriff who said this wasn't it?

Only time I saw where someone was having their stomach pumped I believe had to do with drug overdoses. they use "charcoal" stuff at ER to make them vomit.

I don't know anything about stomach "pumping". I've heard the term but that's it. However I know charcoal is used as a binder to keep something from being absorbed by the body. I wonder if that's just given to people to absorb what they took? I didn't know it was an emetic as well. I mean I've taken charcoal capsules myself and never felt a thing.

Did the cadaver dogs ONLY hit on the pool? What about the surrounding areas? Because it would be one thing for a totally forgotten family burial ground to be there. But another thing entirely for it to be only under the area of the pool wouldn't it? Wouldn't they need to dig it up to confirm it was a forgotten burial ground? Or would these people seriously put a pool over a known abandoned burial ground? :/
I have been wondering about this as well. I was tying to find out what the accuracy rate is on cadaver dogs and false positives. I came across this article and thought it was pretty interesting. Here’s the link to the whole report.......I hope this ok to post. Please delete if it is not. https://www.pawsoflife.org/Library/HRD/Oesterhelweg 1998.pdf

Attachments

• 87339167-381E-4BA3-81FC-464073EA80A9.jpeg
    87339167-381E-4BA3-81FC-464073EA80A9.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 2
Yeah, the differences in ages in this case have me laughing for sure.
This case: Grandma is 40 and has a 2-year-old grandchild.
Me: I am nearly 52 and have one child who is 12.

:confused:
Hahaha When my mom was 40 she was a grandmother to two and also gave birth to her third child, the first two of us were 21 & 17.

I don't know anything about stomach "pumping". I've heard the term but that's it. However I know charcoal is used as a binder to keep something from being absorbed by the body. I wonder if that's just given to people to absorb what they took? I didn't know it was an emetic as well. I mean I've taken charcoal capsules myself and never felt a thing.
Activated charcoal is adsorbent, something adsorbent attaches the molecules to its surface rather than soaking them up... it is often given for upset stomach due to ingestion of something as an “emergency decontaminant.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back