Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it's great to have new sleuthers. I am hopeful they can pull out some new pieces we may have overcooked.
They gave some details I had not heard combined with some we already knew that combined to make a clearer picture of events. We knew that 10 days after his disappearance she took JC2 and MC phones off her phone plan, deactivating both their phones. 4 weeks later she said she needed to get a temporary death certificate just to sell his truck because she could not make the payments. She knew the kids were not supportive of it but Suzy said there was nothing she could do, it was out of her control. Mid June DPS had time to help and BC was polygraphed, she was obviously hiding something and that is how her having a boyfriend came out. SM said he did not even believe it at first but she said it had been over 5 months and she passed. Obviously they had not reviewed her phone records. Then on July 12 BD posted on FB he knew MC was killed and BC and a man and others were responsible. SM said since he was a felon and BC had passed the polygraph it must only be that he wanted the reward. On July 13 JC2 showed up angry. BC told the judge he was mad that she had deactivated his phone and he threatened her which made him sound volatile prone to outbursts. But in reality he had heard the rumor from BD and said if he found it was true he would put her and her BF in a pine box. (Maybe it's just me but it seems like a justifiable response.) Then on July 15 Suzy got a call from a family friend in the FD who let her know BC had actually had him legally declared dead on May 26. Apparently the FD had to sign off on it for her to get his DROP/pension. Some terrible days in July.
I'm not sure when this was filmed but it was announced in early Feb. So I think maybe SM didn't know about the other boyfriends or that they were still involved at that time including a JP. I wonder how he has felt since then to be so fooled by her? And for sure when he made those statements that her phone was turned off at the same time MC's left the home and his was turned off at the same time hers came back on to text him she was on the way. If I were him, in such a position of public trust, I would be pissed that someone had made me look so foolish. His own fault.
I know I'm going to have to rewatch the Disappeared show ( and everything else!). I agree with much that you've just said here, but I want to make sure a couple of things are clarified. I honestly don't know that it would make one whit of a difference, but I understood BC to have taken JC2 off her phone plan while keeping MC's phone on her plan, but suspended. I thought it was a longer while before she actually removed MC's phone.

I also had thought the HCSO had and did review BC's phone records.

Klein himself did not place much stock into BD's story, same as what Meeks had said. I don't think he was/is a reliable source, IMO. If my recollections are wrong, please chime in and correct me!

It's plausible but I am having a hard time buying the vial theory. Someone would have to have a couple vials and then be able to control the amount that comes out to be consistent.

I am also not sure about the dogs. He lived in the area. Who is to say that he didn't walk across the street earlier in the day to look at the pond?

I'm just trying to play devil's advocate. This case is so unusual.
Welcome! From one devil's advocate to another ;) Glad to have you here, Find Brenda.

Right! He would have stuck out like a sore thumb. He would be hard to miss.
Right, but they were reviewing footage a few days after MC went missing to see if he had went anywhere else that day so they were specifically looking for him. If he really was on a bike he would have been spotted at the time of review. The proper thing to do would have been to keep the tapes for evidence but I doubt that happened

At the time the show was taped, I don't think SM had come up with the bike theory yet... so, he wouldn't have felt the need to explain why no MC on a bike showed up and the show obviously didn't add/edit in new info?
He mentioned the bike in the show so he had to have some knowledge about it at the time of filming. They wrapped up in 2017. Regardless, he would have been seen whether they knew they were looking for MC on a bike or not.
At the time the show was taped, I don't think SM had come up with the bike theory yet... so, he wouldn't have felt the need to explain why no MC on a bike showed up and the show obviously didn't add/edit in new info?

I know I'm going to have to rewatch the Disappeared show ( and everything else!). I agree with much that you've just said here, but I want to make sure a couple of things are clarified. I honestly don't know that it would make one whit of a difference, but I understood BC to have taken JC2 off her phone plan while keeping MC's phone on her plan, but suspended. I thought it was a longer while before she actually removed MC's phone.

I also had thought the HCSO had and did review BC's phone records.

Klein himself did not place much stock into BD's story, same as what Meeks had said. I don't think he was/is a reliable source, IMO. If my recollections are wrong, please chime in and correct me!
You may be right that she did not deactivate MC phone at the same time she did JC2, I don't recall the exact details from our VI. It definitely sounded like it to me in this program. SIL commented how keeping the phone active would provide more evidence of what may have happened.
One of the VI made a comment that BC was nice enough to provide her own phone records.
I agree about BD. Klein didn't even talk with him. I don't think he's a reliable witness either. I just wanted to state that SM had already made up his mind about BC's involvement.

Their blood spatter interpretation is quite interesting. If you look up examples of different types of blood spatter, you will find quite a bit of bright red blood, like on MC's garage floor. Probably because many blood spatter events are arterial.

Also, people keep saying that the blood droplets on his garage floor are in perfect circles. If you look closely, you will see small spines and satellites outside of the main droplet. This is consistent with the blood dropping at an angle between 75-90 degrees at a low velocity.

In my opinion, it looks like a nosebleed.
bloodstain-pattern-analysis-8-638.jpg

Gets hit in the nose with the dowel rod, stands there for a few seconds, stumbles forward? Who knows from there.
I also see at least one blood drop that is a half-circle. There was something in the way that prevented that particular drop to be a full circle. I can't discern any particular shape right there, but most likely it was some part of MC's body- a hand, arm, foot- can't tell.

I also see at least one blood drop that is a half-circle. There was something in the way that prevented that particular drop to be a full circle. I can't discern any particular shape right there, but most likely it was some part of MC's body- a hand, arm, foot- can't tell.
Good point.

I would like to see someone try to recreate this allegedly "staged scene". If anyone happens to have a vial with an anticoagulant and some animal blood lying around, please try it and show us the results. I cannot imagine the drops would be this consistent, but I have been wrong a few million times before.

Good point.

I would like to see someone try to recreate this allegedly "staged scene". If anyone happens to have a vial with an anticoagulant and some animal blood lying around, please try it and show us the results. I cannot imagine the drops would be this consistent, but I have been wrong a few million times before.
Haha! I have also wondered if we couldn't try to recreate the scene. Without even using blood, almost any liquid, maybe milk or cream has a similar viscosity. But i am curious if you were walking and dripping if the droplets would remain consistently round or if they would show some elongation to show the direction and speed.
Also I am not a nurse or healthcare worker but valves go right in the top of a vial for dispensing. These are common to maintain a closed system. Once the valve is open it can flow a drop at a time. Some valves are adjustable. Vials come in several different sizes but 10 ml seems common I saw on the supplies for diabetes testing. Also I read there are about 15 drops in a ml of blood.

One thing that I wanted to say after watching the disappeared episode and reading the comments in here, in the episode the only time they said they reviewed footage from businesses along the route was in trying to determine if anyone was possibly following him after he left Walmart.

Why did you think the search of that other property was for show, IMHO? Genuinely curious, and thanks!

One reason is that somehow I got the impression that the search was planned to coincide with the filming of the episode. I may be wrong about this.

Another reason is because I give no credence to the information regarding the movements of MC’s phone as presented by Meeks. I do believe that GPS and/or ping data exists (hence Klein mentioning it in the Brain Scratch video). I just don’t have much confidence in the accuracy of the analysis. Who is this so-called “expert”? Why can’t Meeks provide a map showing, for example, “11:15 am, Quinlan Walmart, phone on, heading south, “2:30pm, Home, phone on, heading east,” “5:50pm, Two Mile Bridge, phone off, stationary,” etc.? Also, simple math says at 4.2 mph, it would take almost five hours to get to a destination 20 miles away.

If Meeks honestly believes MC was on the property, then it would make sense that he would search there. I am just not convinced that he does, and if he doesn’t, then why even organize a search? So that it looks like he is at least doing something?

One thing that I wanted to say after watching the disappeared episode and reading the comments in here, in the episode the only time they said they reviewed footage from businesses along the route was in trying to determine if anyone was possibly following him after he left Walmart.
Welcome to Websleths!
So do you think it sounded like they may have specifically asked businesses if they could review their surveillance between the hours of 11-12 that day and did not look at any more of the video?

One reason is that somehow I got the impression that the search was planned to coincide with the filming of the episode. I may be wrong about this.

Another reason is because I give no credence to the information regarding the movements of MC’s phone as presented by Meeks. I do believe that GPS and/or ping data exists (hence Klein mentioning it in the Brain Scratch video). I just don’t have much confidence in the accuracy of the analysis. Who is this so-called “expert”? Why can’t Meeks provide a map showing, for example, “11:15 am, Quinlan Walmart, phone on, heading south, “2:30pm, Home, phone on, heading east,” “5:50pm, Two Mile Bridge, phone off, stationary,” etc.? Also, simple math says at 4.2 mph, it would take almost five hours to get to a destination 20 miles away.

If Meeks honestly believes MC was on the property, then it would make sense that he would search there. I am just not convinced that he does, and if he doesn’t, then why even organize a search? So that it looks like he is at least doing something?
As you know, I don't think GPS exists and I believe the ping data is not accurate enough to pinpoint that he was at Wal-Mart, just that he pinged off a tower that would be consistent with being in the vicinity of Wal-Mart. It's not in a major metropolitan area where your phone is pinging off a dozen towers, that can give more accuracy.
For sure the math that says his phone left the house at 2:30 and didn't ping the tower near the bridge till 5:50 we all know does not mean he was traveling 4.2 mph! The tower cannot determine if you are moving or sitting still. He or his phone could have been going 70 with several stops. But because HCSO didn't engage a phone expert until over 6 months later evidence that might have pointed to who he was with and why he was delayed between pinged locations was lost.
He said he traveled at 4.5 mph, now he says 4.2 mph. Why didn't he say that on KRLD or HCTR? He clearly thinks it's ok just to ballpark numbers! Is it just me or does that seem weird? He said he went 10-15 min past 2 mile bridge. Was it 10 or 15? Surely even ping data is more accurate than that. If he was traveling 4.2 mph he could have only gone 1 mile in 15 minutes. That wouldn't get him to the old property which is 6 miles past the bridge.
So I see where you are coming from, maybe he had to have a story for Disappeared. He should have read here, he could have come up with a better one.

Authorities Believe Missing Hunt County Man May Be In Danger

chambers.jpg

March 11, 2017

Deputies searched the home of Michael Chambers after he was reported missing Friday night by family.

Based on evidence found at the home, authorities believe Chambers may be in danger.

Reward Offered For Info On Missing One-Time Dallas Firefighter

March 16, 2017

A $25,000 reward is now being offered for information leading to the whereabouts of a missing one-time Dallas firefighter.

[...]

Investigators were able to locate surveillance video of a person who appears to be Chambers leaving a local Walmart on the day he went missing.

When police initially went to the Chambers’ home searching for the 70-year-old they found a small amount of blood in his workshop, but no other evidence to suggest foul play.

2 Months And Still No Sign Of Missing Retired Texas Firefighter

May 10, 2017

It’s been exactly two months since retired Dallas firefighter Michael Chambers went missing and investigators still have no leads or answers as to what happened to him or where he is.

Quinlan police and Hunt County Sheriff’s Office investigators say they work on the case daily and have even brought in Texas Equusearch, a search and recovery organization based out of Dickinson, to look for the 70-year-old man.

[...]

Chambers was last seen on Friday March 10. Investigators say security camera footage from a local Walmart appears to show him at the store that same day, but his movements and whereabouts after are pretty much unknown.

Family won't give up on missing retired Dallas firefighter in Hunt County

July 28, 2017

It’s been 20 agonizing weeks without answers for Suzy Losoya.

She’s a daughter left in limbo, wondering what happened to her father, Michael Chambers. He’s the retired Dallas firefighter who disappeared from his Quinlan home on March 10.

[...]

The family recently hired a private investigator hoping that he can help them solve the riddle of what happened to Chambers.

[...]

“My greatest fear is that someone has killed my father and has literally gotten away with murder. That's my worst fear,” she says. “I'm convinced this was a crime. I do not think this is just a missing person.”

NamUs

Texas EquuSearch

Verified Insiders:

Pmerle00
Steel54

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
My thoughts

I think his wife & her lover staged it to look like a suicide.

On or around March 20, 2017, Rebecca Chambers **cancelled/suspended** the cell phone service for two of the lines on the Chambers’ family account with Verizon. She dropped the phone numbers, and turned off the service that belonged to her husband’s phone, and to her son’s phone, leaving only her phone service active.

Mrs. Chambers **sold** Mr. Chambers’ personal pickup truck soon after his disappearance. It is unknown if Mr. Chambers’ vehicle financing included a credit life option which would have paid off the truck in the event of his death.

On June 28, 2017, the Texas Department of Transportation issued a new title on the 2014 Dodge Ram truck that had belonged to Mr. Chambers. Rather than the new owner’s name, the title listed “Michael Chambers Rebecca Lynn Chambers” as the vehicle owner. There was no lien holder listed on the new title.

According to the Will filed, Mrs. Chambers is the **sole heir to Mr. Chambers’ property** at this time. Per the proceedings, Mrs. Chambers is required to deposit 50% of any proceeds she receives as a result of all community property assets sold into an escrow account to be left for a period of not less than 3 years. Any assets that are not community property, Mrs. Chambers is allowed to keep 100% of the proceeds. Including payments from his **750,000** pension.

His wife Becca had him **declared dead** not long after his mysterious disappearance. She admitted after her lie detector test to **having affairs.** She was a home health nurse, which means she traveled around. Her and her current lover probably killed him.

If he rode his bicycle to the bridge and jumped to his death, where's the bicycle?

Where's his body? A dead body will always float, in days to weeks after they are dumped.

How would a 70yr old grandfather with very bad knees ride a bicycle **17 miles/3hrs???**

There was a ton of construction workers on the bridge that day as well as several barges and boats, they would have seen him.

The bridge to the water was only 3-4 feet. That height would not kill anyone.

The fact the sheriff's office has stated MC staged an elaborate suicide is weak. Just because they can't figure out how and what happened.

http://crimefeed.com/2018/06/disappeared-michael-chambers/

It's plausible but I am having a hard time buying the vial theory. Someone would have to have a couple vials and then be able to control the amount that comes out to be consistent.

I am also not sure about the dogs. He lived in the area. Who is to say that he didn't walk across the street earlier in the day to look at the pond?

I'm just trying to play devil's advocate. This case is so unusual.

I waffle between several theories about the blood. One thing that makes the vial(s) theory more plausible IMO is the fact that there is someone close to this case employed in health care with access to needles, syringes, vials, and other medical supplies, possibly.

ETA: Nosebleeds can bleed a lot, though. And if MC was as fastidious as the VI said, IIRC, I can see him trying to not drip blood on his clothes while trying to stop or control the bleeding. You don't want to hold your head back, but lean forward so you don't swallow the blood, IMO.

My thoughts

I think his wife & her lover staged it to look like a suicide.

On or around March 20, 2017, Rebecca Chambers **cancelled/suspended** the cell phone service for two of the lines on the Chambers’ family account with Verizon. She dropped the phone numbers, and turned off the service that belonged to her husband’s phone, and to her son’s phone, leaving only her phone service active.

Mrs. Chambers **sold** Mr. Chambers’ personal pickup truck soon after his disappearance. It is unknown if Mr. Chambers’ vehicle financing included a credit life option which would have paid off the truck in the event of his death.

On June 28, 2017, the Texas Department of Transportation issued a new title on the 2014 Dodge Ram truck that had belonged to Mr. Chambers. Rather than the new owner’s name, the title listed “Michael Chambers Rebecca Lynn Chambers” as the vehicle owner. There was no lien holder listed on the new title.

According to the Will filed, Mrs. Chambers is the **sole heir to Mr. Chambers’ property** at this time. Per the proceedings, Mrs. Chambers is required to deposit 50% of any proceeds she receives as a result of all community property assets sold into an escrow account to be left for a period of not less than 3 years. Any assets that are not community property, Mrs. Chambers is allowed to keep 100% of the proceeds. Including payments from his **750,000** pension.

His wife Becca had him **declared dead** not long after his mysterious disappearance. She admitted after her lie detector test to **having affairs.** She was a home health nurse, which means she traveled around. Her and her current lover probably killed him.

If he rode his bicycle to the bridge and jumped to his death, where's the bicycle?

Where's his body? A dead body will always float, in days to weeks after they are dumped.

How would a 70yr old grandfather with very bad knees ride a bicycle **17 miles/3hrs???**

There was a ton of construction workers on the bridge that day as well as several barges and boats, they would have seen him.

The bridge to the water was only 3-4 feet. That height would not kill anyone.

The fact the sheriff's office has stated MC staged an elaborate suicide is weak. Just because they can't figure out how and what happened.

http://crimefeed.com/2018/06/disappeared-michael-chambers/
I didn't think HCSO was claiming MC staged his own suicide. In his press conference several months ago SM claimed MC committed suicide because of the phone pings, the "missing" bike from his garage and because of info he had about MC being depressed several weeks before his disappearance. (But wouldn't say where that info originated from.)

I also didn't hear that most of the family thinks he committed suicide. Maybe I missed that but the only one I'm aware of is one of the sons per Klein.

Det. Haines of HCSO is playing his cards very close to the chest. I think that may be wise at this point. SM has created too much drama from his open mouth policy.

I'm back to thinking maybe MC did voluntarily take off. Why the $1000 in his truck? Where did it come from and when? Was he planning on taking his truck and leaving? Or did he change his mind and instead decided to stage his own suicide? Maybe he did take cash from the box in the garage. We don't know. But, his d.l. was missing.

He didn't take his hat. That is surprising to me. That above almost anything else would have given him away. Did he change clothes once he came home from Wal-Mart? I'm not sure many people would recognize him without his hat and tshirt.

Personally, I hope he left. Maybe he doesn't read the papers or watch tv. May be he isn't aware of the intense fallout his disappearance has created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes