Status
Not open for further replies.

liltexans

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Authorities Believe Missing Hunt County Man May Be In Danger

chambers.jpg

March 11, 2017

Deputies searched the home of Michael Chambers after he was reported missing Friday night by family.

Based on evidence found at the home, authorities believe Chambers may be in danger.

Reward Offered For Info On Missing One-Time Dallas Firefighter

March 16, 2017

A $25,000 reward is now being offered for information leading to the whereabouts of a missing one-time Dallas firefighter.

[...]

Investigators were able to locate surveillance video of a person who appears to be Chambers leaving a local Walmart on the day he went missing.

When police initially went to the Chambers’ home searching for the 70-year-old they found a small amount of blood in his workshop, but no other evidence to suggest foul play.

2 Months And Still No Sign Of Missing Retired Texas Firefighter

May 10, 2017

It’s been exactly two months since retired Dallas firefighter Michael Chambers went missing and investigators still have no leads or answers as to what happened to him or where he is.

Quinlan police and Hunt County Sheriff’s Office investigators say they work on the case daily and have even brought in Texas Equusearch, a search and recovery organization based out of Dickinson, to look for the 70-year-old man.

[...]

Chambers was last seen on Friday March 10. Investigators say security camera footage from a local Walmart appears to show him at the store that same day, but his movements and whereabouts after are pretty much unknown.

Family won't give up on missing retired Dallas firefighter in Hunt County

July 28, 2017

It’s been 20 agonizing weeks without answers for Suzy Losoya.

She’s a daughter left in limbo, wondering what happened to her father, Michael Chambers. He’s the retired Dallas firefighter who disappeared from his Quinlan home on March 10.

[...]

The family recently hired a private investigator hoping that he can help them solve the riddle of what happened to Chambers.

[...]

“My greatest fear is that someone has killed my father and has literally gotten away with murder. That's my worst fear,” she says. “I'm convinced this was a crime. I do not think this is just a missing person.”

NamUs

Texas EquuSearch

Verified Insiders:

Pmerle00
Steel54

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

MOD NOTE - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS CASE

NO ONE has been named a POI or a suspect in Michael's disappearance. Do not sleuth Michael's sons, grandchildren, neighbors, or friends. DO NOT accuse anyone of killing Michael. Do not imply or insinuate that any of Michael's family members murdered him.

If you don't have either a link from mainstream media or law enforcement or a post from one of the Verified Insiders in this case, think long and hard before you post something as fact.

DO NOT tell people to "google" something when they ask for a link. That is a TOS violation. If someone asks for a link, provide it. I don't care if you think they are being lazy or not. Just provide the link.

There are no approved FB pages in this case except for official mainstream media FB pages and official LE pages. The Bring PaPaw Home FB page is a closed group on FB and is, per TOS, NOT approved to mention here or to discuss in any capacity.

Per discussion with Tricia regarding the facts of this case, we are going to allow limited discussion of MC's wife, BC. You must use her initials when discussing her unless you are a Verfied Insider. Limited means limited. Do NOT accuse BC of murdering her husband. You may discuss verified information regarding her actions since her husband disappeared. If these rules are not followed, this thread will likely be shut down again.

The circumstances surrounding the disappearance of retired Dallas firefighter Michael Chambers will be the topic of a future episode of the ID (Investigation and Discovery) channel's "Disappeared."

Sheriff Randy Meeks of the Hunt County Sheriff's Office announced Friday that executives with NBC (with which the ID channel is affiliated) had contacted the sheriff's office several months ago saying they were interested in producing an episode about Chambers' disappearance, and that the production team had been shooting recreated scenes in several locations in the Quinlan area this past week.

As of now, there is no tentative air date for the episode.

https://www.firehouse.com/careers-e...ter-michael-chambers-tv-show-firefighter-news

"Basically the only new information that I gave was the following," Meeks told the Herald-Banner Monday evening. "Our phone expert was able to trace Mr. Chambers cell phone to the middle of the two-mile bridge going from West Tawakoni to East Tawakoni. He told us that Mr. Chambers left around 2:30 pm on the day that he went missing. The phone signal stopped in the middle of the two-mile bridge over Lake Tawakoni. He informed us that the signal only traveled 2.5 miles an hour. We determined that at that speed he had to be on a bicycle. The speed was too fast for walking and of course too slow for a vehicle. Investigators went back to Mr. Chambers shop and found a bicycle missing from his shop. We have had two different dive teams to search the area under water and nothing was found."

The statement did not specify whether Chambers was believed to have jumped from the bridge, or what may have happened to the bicycle, lthough Meeks said he may have given that impression to the interviewer on the radio.

"I misspoke on that, because I don't know that," Meeks said. "I don't have any evidence to indicate that."

[...]

A small amount of blood was located in a workshop at the residence, but there were no signs of a struggle and Meeks has said it is unclear whether Chambers was injured and walked away from the shop seeking help or was forcibly taken from the building.

http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/up...cle_0eebdba0-36c3-11e8-9e4d-2bbb09068ecf.html

Klein just made a statement in regards to Meeks:
https://www.facebook.com/HuntCountyTheftReports/posts/1767114760017877

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In light of this new information, I spoke with Tricia and we will allow speculation as to why BC is acting the way she reportedly is acting (refusing 6 interview attempts with the family's PI).

The rule still holds that no one should accuse her of murder on this forum. Also, DO NOT even hint that another family member may have helped her in anything nefarious with regards to Michael's disappearance. The PI's statement makes it pretty clear that other than BC, all family members have been cooperative and forthcoming.

Klein just made a statement in regards to Meeks:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From your link - part of the PI's statement:

We find the blood found in the work shop indicates foul play and a possible
homicide.
Rebecca Chambers has refused to interview with our team. We have
attempted six times.
All other family members have agreed to interview and most have been
completed. The family is hurting, some are angry, and now some are upset
with the events and comments over the last 72 hours.
All friends of the couple have interviewed with the team with the exception of
three. Of the three, one has offered to be interviewed with counsel present. We
respect that.
As has been publicly discussed, there are and were multiple “boyfriends” of
Ms. Chambers, one of which she was reportedly seeing at the time of the
disappearance. Two have agreed to be interviewed, and one has already been
interviewed. We urge the public NOT to judge; as with all stories, there is
always the other side.
Our timeline of events is in progress. Once we have this timeline completed,
we will make it public.

If one is going to commit suicide, why would they care if the medicine bought was for folks with high blood pressure or not? And why be bothered with the medicine at all??

I don’t understand how someone turns down 6 requests for an interview.

If one is going to commit suicide, why would they care if the medicine bought was for folks with high blood pressure or not? And why be bothered with the medicine at all??

That's the main reason I had asked a question about how common or uncommon it is for a person to decided to harm themselves on the spur of the moment, so to speak. We had a good discussion about that earlier in thread 5. It does happen, but apparently it's not that common.

Probably on advice of her attorney. It also seems par for the course for BC this past year. There have been so many accusations against her publicly that if I were in her shoes, I might refuse to sit down with a PI, too. I hope the PI has been able to obtain records of interviews the police did. I don't get the feeling they've been working together all that much.

I’m not sure I believe he bought only mascara and allergy medication for people with high blood pressure. Maybe BC has high blood pressure.

Probably on advice of her attorney. It also seems par for the course for BC this past year. There have been so many accusations against her publicly that if I were in her shoes, I might refuse to sit down with a PI, too. I hope the PI has been able to obtain records of interviews the police did. I don't get the feeling they've been working together all that much.

That’s a good possibility, IMO. But why not agree to an interview with her attorney present then? After being asked six times?

It is highly doubtful that Klein will divulge the contents of the interview. From his statement:

“Rebecca Chambers has refused to interview with our team. We have attempted six times.
-All other family members have agreed to interview and most have been completed. The family is hurting, some are angry, and now some are upset with the events and comments over the last 72 hours.
-All friends of the couple have interviewed with the team with the exception of three. Of the three, one has offered to be interviewed with counsel present. We respect that.
-As has been publicly discussed, there are and were multiple “boyfriends” of Ms. Chambers, one of which she was reportedly seeing at the time of the disappearance. Two have agreed to be interviewed, and one has already been interviewed. We urge the public NOT to judge; as with all stories, there is always the other side.”

As to Klein and HCSO’s relationship, at least Klein is trying to make this a joint effort, IMO:

“Communications With Hunt County
Sherriff Meeks made the statement we have not communicated with him or his staff regarding our investigation. This is an absolute lie to the public. He stated we have only written one report, to which he claimed was full of lies. This, as well, was a lie to the public. We want the public to know that our reporting system and evidence holding system is on a program called “Dropbox”. In such, upon our entry into the case, we gave the Hunt County Sheriff’s Office direct access to our case management system inside Dropbox. We do note they have made entries into our Dropbox case management system, and to suggest we are not communicating with them is an
outright lie
. The Sheriff can access our files in this day by day if they so choose. Our statement to the public is simple: We have an open and honest relationship with Hunt County and they have access to everything we have done in this case.

[SBM]

We urge everyone to support the Sheriff and his investigators, as they have a hard job to do. There is much pressure on his department which sometimes leads to anger. We thank the general public for their calls and comments regarding this situation.

[SBM]

We hope to move to the second phase of our operation soon and we will, of course, keep law enforcement updated as to any relevant findings as prescribed by state and federal law.
We feel horrible for our client and for the family because of what they have been subjected to over the last few days by the statements of the sheriff. He has apologized and we hope you the public will accept his apology and this case can move forward.” (BBM)

Even if BC has retained an attorney and s/he is advising her to remain silent, in the end, it is BC’s decision. Again, the only time she has spoken since March 10, 2017 is when she shouted “Mascara!” during the press conference two days later. And for a good while afterwards, she had the full support of the public, even as she worked to have MC declared deceased behind the scenes. Yet she supposedly was too devastated to speak up.

Of course, none of this proves BC had anything to do with MC’s disappearance, but her actions over the last year and two months have been quite unusual and rather puzzling, IMO.

Do we know if BC completed interviews with LE?
One of the VI said she was supposed to take a polygraph but was too distraught so they rescheduled and she came back a few days later, on anti anxiety medication, and they did the polygraph anyway.
I read that it is not uncommon and whatever drugs you are on must be noted upon taking a polygraph. Anti anxiety drugs make the results inconclusive. It seems dumb to me that they still do polygraphs knowing there will be no results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear