Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall correctly the nurse was diligent with documentation. She reportedly tried to contact EG TWICE then dropped the ball. Ithink she made the effort but has an entire school to care for. And I’m not forgiving her behavior but I believe that Lucas should have been removed up to a year before. It’s tgat failure I don’t understand. The third report should have been enough along with the situation with the other children. I would guess DcF didn’t investigate that thoroughly. One database search should have revealed it.

Even considering everything the single failsafe for kids is DCF. and they failed to protect Lucas.
From what was reported in the news in the article related to the CINC case had the most documentation about what was reported when. The nurse reported the bruises after he was reported missing. The two phone calls were related to his absences the week/10 Days prior to him being reported missing, which EG did not return those calls reportedly.
Horrific new details emerge in court document about missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez

I wonder if JH has a year lease on the house rather than renting month to month. I am a landlord and we have leases that read that if the renter breaks the lease they are responsible to pay rent and utilities until the house is re-rented or until the lease expires. And, I doubt that anyone would be rushing to rent that house.

I would think the landlord would let him out of the lease. Why would s/he? They knew what happened in the home...
And, I would tear the house down if I were the landlord. Egads.

I would think the landlord would let him out of the lease. Why would s/he? They knew what happened in the home...
And, I would tear the house down if I were the landlord. Egads.

I guess they might need the money. And if JH is still in a lease, he'll be liable for the payments. But maybe you're right and he will just let him go. Will just probably leave the landlord with no where to go. Can't sell and probably can't rent it out either.

I mean....someone died there. Probably two people. Was Emily's blood all over from the gun shot and it had to be cleaned? Wouldn't this type of situation give even the toughest of LL's the willingness to let the remaining family members move out? No? Just clean up the blood and death and back to business as usual?

I have so many questions rolling around in my head right now.

I'm wondering why JH was coming home at 2 am or was he really already home.

If EG intended on killing herself in front of JH why on earth would she use a rifle? It would take a while to orchestrate getting the rifle just right to be able to aim at a vital area while pulling the trigger with her toe. While getting into the required position, JH would have had plenty of time to stop her from pulling the trigger. Now, if an assault rifle was used, the much shorter stock would have facilitated the action. I can't imagine any other reason she would go to JH's home to kill herself unless she wanted him to watch her end her life. Scratching my head here.

If she wanted him to come home and find her body then how did she know that he would not be at home so that she could have the time to figure out how to kill herself with the rifle?

If so many people are driving by and harassing him, did anyone see EG arrive at the home with a rifle?
Did any of these people watching him, see him arrive home at 2 am?

How did EG travel to JH's home?

Who is the owner of the rifle?

One thing is certain, "dead men tell no tales".

Last edited:
I guess they might need the money. And if JH is still in a lease, he'll be liable for the payments. But maybe you're right and he will just let him go. Will just probably leave the landlord with no where to go. Can't sell and probably can't rent it out either.
I feel badly for the landlord. He may be like me and depend upon the rental income as a means to pay his bills. I would not release JH from the lease. It would be very difficult to rent the home to someone else with the horrendous history that goes with it.
Tearing down the house would be a tremendous loss to the landlord.

I have so many questions rolling around in my head right now.

I'm wondering why JH was coming home at 2 am or was he really already home.

If EG intended on killing herself in front of JH why on earth would she use a rifle? It would take a while to orchestrate getting the rifle just right to be able to aim at a vital area while pulling the trigger with her toe. While getting into the required position, JH would have had plenty of time to stop her from pulling the trigger. Now, if an assault rifle was used, the much shorter stock would have facilitated the action. I can't imagine any other reason she would go to JH's home to kill herself unless she wanted him to watch her end her life. Scratching my head here.

If so many people are driving by and harassing him, did anyone see EG arrive at the home with a rifle?
Did any of these people watching him, see him arrive home at 2 am?

How did EG travel to JH's home?

Who is the owner of the rifle?

One thing is certain, "dead men tell no tales".
My immediate thought when I heard this was he was just getting in from a bar.
Of course, I also have all of these questions......and more even.

I mean....someone died there. Probably two people. Was Emily's blood all over from the gun shot and it had to be cleaned? Wouldn't this type of situation give even the toughest of LL's the willingness to let the remaining family members move out? No? Just clean up the blood and death and back to business as usual?

Oh yeah, out of decency for sure. But, in my experience in the property industry, he doesn't have to let them out of the contract unless the property becomes uninhabitable. (Fire etc).

Oh yeah, out of decency for sure. But, in my experience in the property industry, he doesn't have to let them out of the contract unless the property becomes uninhabitable. (Fire etc).
There are companies who clean up after disasters like floods, hurricanes, fires and for hazardous material. Blood would be considered hazardous material. I'm surprised that the house has been turned over to JH to live in. It is a crime scene under investigation. JMO

I would think that the cost of cleaning the home would be on JH's dime and not the landlord's. Since JH was coming home, he obviously did not have a problem staying in the home where his son was murdered.

There are companies who clean up after disasters like floods, hurricanes, fires and for hazardous material. Blood would be considered hazardous material. I'm surprised that the house has been turned over to JH to live in. It is a crime scene under investigation. JMO

I would think that the cost of cleaning the home would be on JH's dime and not the landlord's.

Yes, it would be on JH's.

Blood is a hazardous material? Well, I guess I have never had anyone kill themselves or another person in a property I have managed. Learn something new every day.

There are cleaning services that clean up death/crime scenes. I would remodel the house and redo the outside so it’s all new. Either that or lease to state half way house.

Landlord is commercial and has several.

I would think that the cost of cleaning the home would be on JH's dime and not the landlord's. Since JH was coming home, he obviously did not have a problem staying in the home where his son was murdered.
M
Investigation of house probably took less than 8 hours. LE long done with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members