Found Deceased France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE SAME FATE MAY HAVE HAPPENED TO MAËLYS

BFMTV.com
Nordahl Lelandais soupçonné d'agression sexuelle sur une petite fille: « Ca nous fait craindre le pire pour Maëlys » explique l'avocat des parents

Nordahl Lelandais has not yet been confronted with this video and has not yet been able to give his version of the facts. This will probably be one of the next points on which the judges will question him.

The lawyer for Maëlys' family now says he fears the worst. "It challenges us about the personality of the respondent who up until now said that he killed the child accidentally. That leaves us doubtful about Nordahl Lelandais' defense strategy. This element worries us because the fact that he may have been implicated in a case of sexual assault on a minor child may make us fear that the same fate may have been reserved for Maëlys."

BBM

"The young victim is the daughter of his cousin who lives in the Gard region..."

"The girl's mother is a cousin of Lelandais'. A family proximity that had earned her threats when she inadvertently revealed on social networks her connection with Nordahl. Nordahl's mother's sister also lives in the Gard region where a branch of the family is installed. This geographical and familial link led investigators to look into two suspicious disappearances in this department, two teenagers who had disappeared under unexplained conditions. But in the current state of the investigation, the cases of Lucas Tronche (disappeared in March 2015) and Antoine Zoia (disappeared in March 2016) are not related to Nordahl Lelandais."

"This alleged sexual assault on a child under seven years old, less than a week before Maëlys' disappearance, relaunches the hypothesis of a sexual assault (on Maëlys). But from the analyzes on the remains of the body, there is nothing to say whether the girl from the Jura (Maëlys) had suffered sexual violence. She was found in a skeletal state. And according to our information, "the autopsy is not conclusive."

As for Maelys' clothes, found in a ravine, they are still subject to an extensive analysis to determine if there are any traces of rape. Nordahl Lelandais' next audition, originally scheduled for June 21, was postponed until July. "

Nordahl Lelandais : les charges s’accumulent

So, this "lovely" possibly assaulted yet another child right before Maëlys? [SARCASM]What a guy!!![/SARCASM]. Not sure how justice works in France, but I hope they put him away forever, with no hope of seeing freedom in his lifetime!

MAËLYS CASE: "SEXUAL ABUSE CANNOT BE RULED OUT" SAYS PARENTS' LAWYER

France Info TV
Affaire Maëlys : "On ne peut pas exclure des sévices de nature sexuelle", estime l'avocat des parents

"We can not a priori, irrevocably, rule out that Maëlys may have been sexually abused," Maëlys' parents' lawyer Fabien Rajon assured France Bleu Isère on Thursday 7 June. He reacted to the new suspicions hanging over Nordahl Lelandais, already under investigation for the murder of Maëlys.

A video found in Nordahl Lelandais' phone shows touchings on a 7-year-old girl, his cousin. The alleged events took place at Lelandais' parents' home in Domessin (Savoie), one week before Maëlys disappeared. "We already had doubts about his personality and possible paedophile tendencies," Fabien Rajon said. "As we read the judicial information, we realize that it was perhaps a little quickly said in his defense that Nordahl Lelandais did not have a paedophile past or inclination."

For Maëlys' parents' lawyer, this new element must be taken into account in the investigation into the personality of Nordahl Lelandais, also under investigation for the murder of Corporal Arthur Noyer. "The only conclusion I draw is a conclusion on the disturbed personality of Nordahl Lelandais," Fabien Rajon said.

The first results of the autopsy of Maëlys' body do not allow to affirm in a scientific way that she was victim of a sexual assault, in particular because her remains remained six months in nature. For Me Rajon, "there is nothing extraordinary in the fact that possible traces of sexual abuse could have disappeared." Maëlys' body was discovered on 14 February in the Chartreuse massif. The little girl disappeared during the night of 26 to 27 August 2017.

Investigations are continuing. A search in connection with the discovery of this new video took place Wednesday at the home of Lelandais, in the presence of the former military. The lawyer of Maëlys' parents praised the "human and technical resources deployed by the three investigating judges, of great scope and quality."

BBM

Found it. In an article from September 2017. Nordahl's godchild in the Gard region is also named ... Maëlys.

What are the chances that... both girls (victims) shared the same name? Could it be? The article written back in September mentions the irony of another Maëlys:

"Pour ses proches, c'est un garçon sensible qui ne ferait pas de mal à une mouche, adoré par son neveu et sa filleule qui s'appelle -ironie du sort- Maëlys."

Disparition de Maëlys : le principal suspect intimidait et manipulait ses petites amies

Last edited:
From February 15, the day after Maëlys body was found:

"Nordahl Lelandais' family has always believed in his innocence. His mother has spoken several times to RTL. In particular, she said: "He would not hurt anyone, especially not a child, he has a little nephew of whom he is the dear uncle and he has a little cousin who is his godchild."

Nordahl Lelandais, un homme violent au parcours chaotique

Nordahl's little cousin is his godchild.

Last edited:
Found it. In an article from September 2017. Nordahl's godchild in the Gard region is also named ... Maëlys.

What are the chances that... both girls (victims) shared the same name? Could it be? The article written back in September mentions the irony of another Maëlys:

"Pour ses proches, c'est un garçon sensible qui ne ferait pas de mal à une mouche, adoré par son neveu et sa filleule qui s'appelle -ironie du sort- Maëlys."

Disparition de Maëlys : le principal suspect intimidait et manipulait ses petites amies

IMHO this is one of those things that happen. The name Maëlys is popular in France, it was in the top-20 in recent years. NL invited himself to the party, he wanted to sell coke ('friandises') and he couldn't have known that the family De Araujo would be there. But once he knew, no doubt it added to the fun. :(

On Monday night, yet another video emerged, on French TV. NL is with a friend, and they are filming while NL is on the phone, pretending to be a gay African man and speaking to another gay man. He is pretending (?) to be interested in a meeting, they are discussing sexual acts. ("Would you like....")
I saw the first few seconds and I decided I did not want to know more. NL is a creep with no boundaries, and I already knew that.

The sexual motive has been mentioned from day one. Somehow it seemed to have disappeared a bit into the background. IMHO this has to do with legal aspects: there has to be proof. If there is no proof, it did not happen, at least not in the legal sense.

But we're getting there. Perhaps they'll even locate his shorts.

Hey all - thanks for all the articles. Interesting!!!

ZaZara said:
The analysis of Nordahl Lelandais' mobile phone revealed a video on which he is seen assaulting a little girl under the age of 7 who is said to be one of his cousins.
A video discovered in the phone of Nordahl Lelandais shows the sexual assault of a girl under 7 years old, a week before the murder of Maëlys in Isere, according to information from BFMTV Wednesday, confirmed by Europe 1.

Oh geezzz....

ZaZara said:
A hearing is due in June but has "not yet been scheduled," according to one of AFP's sources

And that other article said July....

ZaZara said:
The lawyers of Jean-Christophe Morin and Ahmed Hamadou's families have recently handed over images of the festival where both disappeared to the courts. There' s a man on those images who looks like Nordahl Lelandais.

Interesting! Sure hope people that attended will look & send in their videos.

ZaZara said:
13:08: The search of Nordahl Lelandais' parents' home was completed around noon. The ex-military man was reportedly taken back to his cell.

So I'm assuming a suspect has to be "present" when searching their home?? Is that why they had to bring him there?

renarde said:
Nordahl Lelandais' next audition, originally scheduled for June 21, was postponed until July. "

Audition? Strange translation to say the least! LOL!

ZaZara said:
The sexual motive has been mentioned from day one. Somehow it seemed to have disappeared a bit into the background. IMHO this has to do with legal aspects: there has to be proof. If there is no proof, it did not happen, at least not in the legal sense.

I believe NL hit little Maeyls a little too hard when she was crying in his car, and probably died before he could molest her.... I'm hoping at least!

WAS MAËLYS RAPED BY LELANDAIS? THE LAWYER OF THE PARENTS RAISES THE ISSUE

France Soir
Maëlys violée par Nordahl Lelandais? L'avocat des parents sème le doute

This was one of the points in Nordahl Lelandais' defence in the Maëlys death case. According to several sources, analyses of the child's body did not reveal any evidence of sexual violence. But it's the lawyer for the little girl's parents who's raising doubts on BFMTV's microphone. Indeed, Maître Fabien Rajon points out that "one does not know if Maëlys was raped or not."

Even though the results [ of the autopsy ] gave credence to the defense's thesis, that of a "slap" given by the former military annoyed by the fears of Maëlys who got into his car, the search of the suspect's home once again caused problems for Nordahl Lelandais' real motivation. Investigators discovered a video in the ex-military's mobile showing sexual abuse of his seven-year-old cousin a few days before the deadly night of 26 to 27 August.

The events allegedly took place in the family home in Domessin, Savoy, where Nordahl was briefly conducted Wednesday 6 for the purposes of the investigation. It is not known whether the images show indeed the suspect raping the child, but this leads to the hypothesis of a Nordahl Lelandais who is a paedophile. As a reminder, visits to child *advertiser censored* sites from his telephone were mentioned, even if no official confirmation was made.

The defender of Maëlys' parents, who suggests between the lines the possibility of a sexual crime and an autopsy error on a body that had been outside for six months, clearly states in any case that he does not believe what the suspect said. "I think that the accidental thesis is either fantasy or very unbelievable," the lawyer for the parents explains, and he adds that "Nordahl Lelandais' personality and these serious accusations (the assault on his little cousin, editors note) may shed light on what unfortunately happened that evening. While Nordahl Lelandais acknowledged his involvement in the death of the child whose jaw was broken, the precise details of the tragic moment remain a mystery.

BBM

They say you should be careful what you wish for, but still, I would have expected some words from Alain Jakubowicz this weekend.
His presence was mentioned when NL was brought to his former home in Domessin for a reconstruction last week, but no comment about the new evidence was heard from his defense counsel.

Hmmm....

DRÔME: TWO CALLS FOR WITNESSES IN DISTURBING DISAPPEARANCES, POSSIBLE CONNECTION WITH NORDAHL LELANDAIS IS UNDER INVESTIGATION

France Info
Drôme : deux appels à témoins relancés pour des disparitions inquiétantes où la piste Nordahl Lelandais est étudiée

On Monday, June 11, the gendarmerie relaunched two calls for witnesses concerning the disturbing disappearances of a man and a woman in 2011 and 2016 in the department of Drôme. In both cases, the trail of Nordahl Lelandais, already under investigation for the murder of Maëlys and Corporal Arthur Noyer, is studied.

These two mysterious disappearances occurred an hour and a half's drive from Nordahl Lelandais's home, but "this geographical proximity does not bring the police closer together and does not allow anyone to be incriminated", emphasises Jean-Philippe Lecouffe, deputy director of the Gendarmerie's judicial police, who supervises the Ariane cell in charge of investigating the former soldier.

The first call for witnesses concerns the disappearance of Nelly Balmain, a 29-year-old woman who left her home in Saint-Jean-en-Royans on her red scooter in the early evening of August 8, 2011.

15217647.jpg

The second call for witnesses concerns Eric Foray, 47 years old, who disappeared on 16 September 2016, when he had left, at midday, towards Chatuzange-le-Goubet (Drôme). This 1.90m tall man was wearing jeans and a long-sleeved white T-shirt and was driving a beige Suzuki Grand Vitara 4x4.

15217679.jpg

"There are elements to check, and that's what we're doing. At this stage of the investigations, there is no precise link between the two files for which the call for witnesses is produced and Nordahl Lelandais' track record", says Jean-Philippe Lecouffe, who calls to "beware of interpretations that are a little too quick". He does not wish to "raise false hopes" among the families of the disappeared.

Concerning the investigation into the disappearance of Eric Foray, the investigators had discovered in Nordahl Lelandais' address book the name of a family member of the disappeared. They determined it was a namesake.

Some 900 files are examined by the seven investigators of the Ariane cell who comb the past of Nordahl Lelandais and cases of unelucidated disappearances. "Several dozen files, and even more, were dismissed," explains Jean-Philippe Lecouffe, deputy director of the gendarmerie's judicial police. It is a "colossal work that takes several years".

BBM

Catching up here - thanks to ZaZara, renarde, Niner, sjm_qc and others who have diligently posted updates on this case.

As my picture didn't post earlier, I'll say this again:

RIP, Maëlys.

110128-6088bd0fd35e87492ba0ed8785da0a91.jpg

Attachments

• brokenHeartedAngelOnGraveStone_smaller.jpg
    brokenHeartedAngelOnGraveStone_smaller.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1
From Régis Pique:

"With this call to witnesses, which is happening a little late, but is finally here, we hope to have testimonials from people who might have seen something strange, who might know of a small detail that could move the investigation forward," explains Régis Pique [...]

This call for witnesses is also, in a way, a relief for Éric Foray's companion. "My feeling is that at last I'm taken seriously, I finally feel like I'm being listened to by an active judge who believes in me and will work to ensure that the truth breaks out," explains Régis Pique, who shares that he sometimes faced homophobic remarks in his efforts to alert others about Éric Foray's disappearance [...]

Today, the one who is fighting to find his companion, is in solidarity with the many other families of the missing, for whom Lelandais' path is being checked. "I am in contact with Nelly Balmain's family, with Malik Boutvillain's sister, and Maëlys' parents who sent me a message of support. I was at Maëlys' funeral. We are all in the same boat, and this solidarity really helps one to feel less alone," adds Régis Pique.

Nordahl Lelandais : "J’espère qu’il n’est pas impliqué", témoigne un proche de disparu

Here's a little information about Éric's family in Nancy, from their local paper:

"The two men - as a couple - had left Nancy to settle in the Drôme region a few months earlier. "I waited more than 15 days before I was allowed to publish a "missing" post in the media, while all investigators know that it is in the first 48 hours that many things are played out," says Régis Pique. "Fortunately, I did not wait a year and a half but despite the media coverage, it did not help. Eric has not disappeared voluntarily, I'm sure of that. I hope there is no connection with Lelandais because unfortunately, we now know how it ends ... If the latter is not involved, then someone else is involved because something happened to Eric. Even if I want to believe that he is still alive.

Still living in the suburbs of Nancy, the parents of Éric Foray "are not taking this media coverage well while they are in an unbearable wait," notes their lawyer in Nancy. "The family feels more involved with the investigations than it has been until now. The call to witnesses more than a year later? Better late than never."

Lelandais : appel à témoin pour le Ludréen disparu

ALBERTVILLE: FAMILIES OF THE MISSING DEMAND REAL INVESTIGATIONS

France Bleu
Albertville : les familles de disparus demandent de vraies enquêtes

About forty people gathered Friday afternoon in Albertville (Savoy) at the call of the family of Anne-Cécile Pinel, who disappeared in 2014 in Croatia and was found dead this year. These families of missing persons feel that the investigations are not sufficiently thorough.

The lawyer for the family, Mr Didier Seban, aims to have the travel companions questioned in France by an investigating judge.

There were about forty people this Friday afternoon in Albertville in Savoy for the march in support of missing persons at the initiative of the family of Anne-Cécile Pinel, the young Savoyard woman who disappeared in Croatia in 2014 and whose body was found at the beginning of 2018.

Among those who made the trip were relatives of Jean-Christophe Morin and Ahmed Hamadou who disappeared at Fort de Tamié in Savoie in 2011 and 2012 after an electronic music festival. Other people also wore Maëlys T-shirts.

All these families are demanding real investigations for their missing relatives. They feel that the victims were treated as second-class citizens because they disappeared during music festivals.

"Our daughter, like the two missing Tamié, was attending electro-rock festivals," explains Michel Pinel, father of Anne-Cécile. Therefore drug addicts. Therefore people who are worth nothing."

Farida Hamadou, Ahmed's sister tells a similar story: "My brother was presented as a marginal, when he was not. He had an apartment, lived like everyone else. Today this woman says she is revolted: "The investigation was sloppy," she believes, "there should have been more investigations and questioning of the witnesses who were up there. But even today, not everything is done."

After marching through the streets of Albertville, the families met the sub-prefect. They wanted to question the State and ask for contact persons. They say they are ready to meet again if they do not obtain the certainty that justice remains active on their cases.

"The State and the police have not implemented the means that every citizen is entitled to expect," says Adeline Morin, Jean-Christophe's sister. "In my brother's case, there were technical means," she admits. "They brought in the dogs and a helicopter, but only to look for a dead body. At the same time there was no investigation. No investigating judge was appointed at the time. Why is that?" She asks herself.

Today Adeline Morin points out that her brother's mobile phones have still not been analyzed by investigators, even though an investigating judge was recently appointed to study the Nordahl Lelandais' lead.
The families of the disappeared from Tamié fort have themselves launched a call for witnesses in order to recover photos and videos of the evenings during which their loved ones disappeared.

If you think you have information that might interest them, you can contact them at this email address: disparusdufort@gmail.com

BBM

Anne-Cécile Pinel was found at 2 kms from the place where she disappeared in Croatia. She died from a blow to the head. A crime is suspected. She had travelled to the festival with a group of people from France.

The lawyer for the family, Mr Didier Seban, aims to have the travel companions questioned by an investigating judge in France.

Last edited:
NORDAHL LELANDAIS AT FORT DE TAMIÉ? A VIDEO HAS GONE VIRAL ON THE INTERNET

France Soir
Nordahl Lelandais au Fort de Tamié? Une vidéo circule sur les réseaux sociaux

The video has gone viral on social networks among internet users who closely follow criminal cases where the name of Nordahl Lelandais is quoted. It shows images of a techno party where we see the soldier, who acknowledged his involvement in the death of Maëlys and Arthur Noyer. Now, these images were taken at the Fort of Tamié, not far from Albertville (Savoy) where Jean-Christophe Morin disappeared in 2011 and Ahmed Hamadou in 2012, cases in which Nordahl Lelandais might be a suspect.

A video was handed over to justice. This was confirmed by Didier Seban, the lawyer defending the two families. However, there is no indication that the video studied by the courts is the one circulating on social networks.

On these images, a man resembling Nordahl Lelandais is visible even if his dark glasses, his relatively closed face and his moving body make identification particularly hazardous. Another sign, according to those who assure that it is indeed the suspect, wouild be a square signet ring worn on the same finger as on some very real photos, of Nordahl Lelandais.

Nordahl Lelandais was not questioned about these two cases, nor about any other case studied for the moment by the members of the Ariane cell who are working on 900 suspicious disappearance files.

The search for a video showing the former soldier had already stirred up social networks when the suspect's intimate life was at the centre of speculation, with rumours of ponographic films, including gay films. These were circulated on the Internet with no serious impact on the investigation due to lack of identification.

BBM

NORDAHL LELANDAIS AT FORT DE TAMIÉ? A VIDEO HAS GONE VIRAL ON THE INTERNET

France Soir
Nordahl Lelandais au Fort de Tamié? Une vidéo circule sur les réseaux sociaux

The video has gone viral on social networks among internet users who closely follow criminal cases where the name of Nordahl Lelandais is quoted. It shows images of a techno party where we see the soldier, who acknowledged his involvement in the death of Maëlys and Arthur Noyer. Now, these images were taken at the Fort of Tamié, not far from Albertville (Savoy) where Jean-Christophe Morin disappeared in 2011 and Ahmed Hamadou in 2012, cases in which Nordahl Lelandais might be a suspect.

A video was handed over to justice. This was confirmed by Didier Seban, the lawyer defending the two families. However, there is no indication that the video studied by the courts is the one circulating on social networks.

On these images, a man resembling Nordahl Lelandais is visible even if his dark glasses, his relatively closed face and his moving body make identification particularly hazardous. Another sign, according to those who assure that it is indeed the suspect, wouild be a square signet ring worn on the same finger as on some very real photos, of Nordahl Lelandais.

Nordahl Lelandais was not questioned about these two cases, nor about any other case studied for the moment by the members of the Ariane cell who are working on 900 suspicious disappearance files.

The search for a video showing the former soldier had already stirred up social networks when the suspect's intimate life was at the centre of speculation, with rumours of ponographic films, including gay films. These were circulated on the Internet with no serious impact on the investigation due to lack of identification.

BBM

I had already seen the clear (not blurred) screenshots from the video; I think they were posted in a comment on Régis' FB a few weeks ago. I couldn't tell if it is was Nordahl or not, but what struck me most was his pose: it looked very much like the photo of him taken at the wedding, minus the wine glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes