Aug is Utah Cold Case month and the Utah Cold Case Coalition is featuring Rosie Tapia's case
Click on Rosie Tapia's Thread and help Websleuths find Rosie's killer

Found Deceased France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Romulus, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Romulus

Romulus Well-Known Member

France fears for girl Maelys missing since Isere wedding

[​IMG]

The girl, Maëlys De Araujo, was last seen in a children's room at about 03:00 on Sunday (01:00 GMT).

Extensive searches of the area around the wedding hall using a helicopter and police dogs have thus far failed to find a trace of the girl.
    A kidnapping investigation has opened and police have issued an appeal for witnesses.

Police have already interviewed most of the 180 attendees at the wedding, which took place in a hall in Pont-de-Beauvoisin, Isère.

But the local prosecutor says they are also trying to speak to an additional 70 people who were attending two other social events at a community hall and bar nearby.
    Maëlys was at the wedding along with her mother - cousin of the bride - father, and older sister. They are said to live in the nearby department of Jura.
    A guest, Grégoire, told Le Parisien news site what had happened when guests realised the girl was missing.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41081166

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/29/despe...went-missing-from-wedding-at-weekend-6886439/

2. Loading...

3. MelmothTheLost

MelmothTheLost Well-Known Member

Picked up by the Mail:

Wedding mystery as girl, nine, disappears from reception attended by 180 guests in France

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4833510/Wedding-mystery-girl-nine-disappears-reception.html

4. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

Thanks for starting this thread Romulus. I read the article in the DM earlier & intended to start a thread. I hope little Maelys is found safe but unfortunately it's not looking very good as it's been so long now. Such a cute, innocent little girl.

5. Littlegreenlady

Littlegreenlady Member

From the Guardian today

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/30/france-fears-nine-year-old-girl-was-kidnapped-from-wedding-reception

6. modesty blaise

modesty blaise Active Member

Hoping against hope thay there are cameras in the vicinity.

7. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://www.cp24.com/world/french-police-hunt-for-girl-9-who-vanished-at-a-wedding-1.3568216

8. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

It reminds me a bit of the Madeleine McCann case. In mainland Europe it is more common for sleeping kids to be left unattended by an adult in a specific area, while the adults socialize elsewhere, than it is in the US.

I think someone went in and led her out. Very scary. They need to interview and locate every single guest and staff member.

9. gitana1

10. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/search-continues-girl-9-who-11081244

Attached Files:

11. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

This case unfortunately reminds me of the tragic Kayla Gomez-Orozco case I hope and pray for a different outcome Maëlys.

Are there sex offenders locally?

12. gitana1

Ugh. I read elsewhere that they are interviewing all the people who attended. So scary.

13. MelmothTheLost

There are always sex offenders locally

14. MelmothTheLost

Is it? I don't know.

15. gitana1

16. vavavoom88

vavavoom88 New Member

Yes it is. I am french, and french kids are quite independent. For events like these, it would be common for them to dine at a kids table for example, or to be set free to entertain themselves. I have never been to a wedding in France were you would have a childminder or nanny hired to look after and entertain kids, or confine them to a specific room like they do in the UK for example. Kids are just left to party until they are tired and then fall asleep on chairs.

Its my first time posting here, i hope it helps.

glamourkitty1922 and crhedBngr like this.
  17. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

Following too.

This is so awful and very sad. Her poor parents.

So many people there, and staff. I wonder if she knew the individual, or someone there who befriended her, was kind to her but had ulterior motives. Would she go outside and into a car with a complete stranger?

18. gitana1

It seems like it would be so easy to say, "Hey, come out to my car so i can show you something." Or have her help the person carry something, or whatever. If it was someone she knew or saw at the party, it would be more likely she would go without a struggle.

19. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

Hopefully, when looking at videos and photos taken from all the people who attended the wedding they are able to see the parking lot and the spot where the dogs stopped as well. Might help to identify whose car was parked there.

20. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ws vavavoom88, it is very helpful to have you here, thanks for posting!

21. kiwi50

kiwi50 Active Member

Very good point, surely someone will remember if a car was parked there.
    This must be fairly near to where the English tourists were killed some years ago?