Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcia King, aka “Buckskin Girl,” was a case that eluded investigators and was deemed by many as an impossible one to solve. After 37 years the identification of the young woman who was found dead in Miami County, Ohio, was solved in four hours with the help of DNA Doe Project.

Unfortunately the case still hasn't really been solved. They have only now identified the victim.

:eek: Wow! I didn't think that would happen!

I'm pretty shocked too since they were close to an ID on sheep flats Jane, last I read about him, his sample was poor. The linked article says they believe he was on the run from LE since 1978. Can't wait to hear

I'm thinking Sheep Flats JD's identification may be around the corner.

I think so too

I've been following this case for so long!
I can't believe it!
Even though I always had faith she would be identified I'm still in awe!
RIP Marcia King
I'm crying my eyes right now.
Such a beautiful young woman
Praying that they solve this

Its hard to imagine that domestic violence could just popped up in on this insane level. If she was close to monster so violent to be able to do such a thing and kill her after that (to keep her silent about that?) there had to be someone who had at least strong suspicion who could hurt her, or at least who could be the reason why she "run away" (as long as people didnt knew her fate).

I know! It's so awful
But there are so many women right now going through the same thing and it's heartbreaking.
These monsters who call themselves 'men' start by isolating the person from their friends and family or anyone that truly cares for them.
The breakdown their self-esteem so that they're completely dependant on them and don't have the emotional strength to leave.
I just watch my own niece go through this and finally with support of our family she got away from him.
I wish someone could've have saved Marcia from such a monster

I am trying to have faith in Marcia's case. I know her investigators and LE have worked very hard all this time to try and ID her; I don't think they are giving up. I didn't think she was gonna be identified, to be honest. Her identification is giving me tons of hope at getting JUSTICE for her!

I've always enjoyed reading you theories and insight on these threads.
Just wanted to point that out and acknowledge your dedication to this case

From the DDP page just a few minutes ago:
"For those of you who have followed the Buckskin Girl case (Marcia King), we wanted to let you know that Marcia will remain in the Riverside Cemetery where she currently is interred. Arrangements are being made for a new headstone for her. At her mother’s request, the existing Jane Doe marker will be moved to the foot of her grave and a plaque will be added. DNA Doe Project will be contributing to some of the costs, for which we thank our many donors.
The organization of this effort is being handled by Paul D. Sullenberger, Memorialist with Jamieson and Yannucci Memorials. Paul is a retired Piqua, Ohio Police Officer who never forgot this case. With the help of other individuals and organizations, Paul raised the needed funds and worked out the details with Marcia’s mother and the cemetery. The plaque will include part of a poem Mrs. King wrote in tribute to all those who worked over the years to identify Marcia.
The new monument is expected to be in place by mid-July. Attached are the designs for the plaque and new headstone."

If you have a moment to read her mother's poem, it will touch your heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa