GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the objection to what went on inTexas? It is further proof how far these parents went to abuse, neglect, and ignore their children. It is also proof of the number of years the parents have been evil to the children.
I believe what happened in Texas is not relevant to the California charges. So it is not admissible. Those incident should be prosecuted separately in Texas. I'm not sure why that is not happening.

This is the first I heard about an apartment and being left alone for three years. Doesn't make sense. Given that the kidlets knew so little of the real world and what went on outside, I wonder if it was when the big house was trashed and they moved to a (?) trailer on the same property? Were the kids alone there with a "parent" dropping off food on occasion?

I remember ages ago something about the kids being left in a trailer back in Texas while the 'parents' lived elsewhere.

There's some more (horrible) info on that from another Twitter account that looks like it ought to be allowed here

Kris Ankarlo (@KrisAnkarlo) | Twitter (Reporter @KFIAM640 in Los Angeles)

Kris Ankarlo‏ @KrisAnkarlo 9h9 hours ago
The parents were gone for 3-4 years. The oldest boy and girl were in charge. The two youngest kids at the time went with the parents, everyone else was in the trailer. Punishments were still implemented, by phone.

The oldest said he put his siblings in the cages b/c if he didn’t then he himself would be put in a cage. He said he was terrified of his parents and he did things the “correct way” to keep his siblings alive.

From the same Twitter account is this post, which makes me think of a picture that was posted ages ago of LT with the siblings and the eldest girl is in mortarboard and gown and appears to be graduating high school

Kris Ankarlo‏ @KrisAnkarlo
The investigator says one of the girls said she had a high school diploma, but she said it was ordered online, said mother told her “that was for homeschoolers” the girl said she didn’t earn it. This girl actually went to public school up to third grade.

Thursday, June 21st:
*Prelim Hearing continues for both (@ 10am PT) - CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home (Jan. 15, 2018) - *David Allen Turpin (57) arrested & charged (1/18/18) with: 12 counts of torture, 1 count of lewd act on a child, 9 counts of abuse of dependent adult, 6 counts of child abuse, 12 counts of false imprisonment & 8 counts of perjury for "filing a Private School Affidavit with the Cal Dept. of Education in 2010-17 where he certified under penalty of perjury that the children in the home were receiving a full-time education in a private day school. Plead not guilty. Bail set at $12M. Faces up to 94 years to life in prison.
*Louise Ann Turpin (49) arrested & charged (1/18/18) with: 12 counts of torture, 9 counts of abuse of dependent adult, 6 counts of child abuse, 12 counts of false imprisonment, 1 count of felony assault. Plead not guilty. Bail set at $12M. Faces up to 94 years to life in prison.
1/24/18: DA Motion for Order of Protection for 13 survivors. A judge has issued a protective order to bar a Perris couple from having any further contact with their 13 children amid a torture and abuse case. Which is set to be effective until Jan. 24, 2021.
Prelim hearing continues today.

I don't understand the judge allowing their sitting that way, either! I've seen lots of cases with co-defendants having their own counsel and they're always sitting in a row. Why allow them to make eye contact or tempt them to speak to one another? I don't get it.

I was hoping to see her "in tears" so I could determine for myself rather than reading it from a reporter, lol. IF, IF, IF the tears were real, they could only be for herself and her beloved partner in depraved crime. If she felt that kind of empathy or even sympathy for her own children, they wouldn't have done what they did.

AND, what's with the defense lawyer objecting to behavior just because it occurred in another state? It's still the same perpetrators with the same victims.

Yeah, I find it gross when men have long fingernails.

BBM, I believe the charges are all limited to what happened in the state of California...anything that happened back in TX is unfortunately outside the purview of this case, so that's why the lawyer is objecting to the presentation of those incidents. It's unfair imo that the case can't include those items as it's the same defendants and the same victims, and I'm not sure why it is that way.

And nail extensions to get them that long! I have pretty healthy nails (doing my nails is one of my “things” that I enjoy) and they aren’t half as healthy looking as his.

My nails often look like his, in length. I find that to keep them from breaking I have to limit myself to filing instead of using nail clippers, and then they grow like that by themselves.

ETA most of my nails don't appear buffed, but my dad's used to have a lovely buffed shine on them when he had chemo and they were the only part of him that looked healthy at that time. My dad didn't have that length and he didn't do anything but wash his hands with soap and water and clip the nails with nail clippers.

Doctor described many of the adult Turpin children as having almost no muscles development at all. Doctor said the oldest daughters would probably not be able to bear children.

I guess that's down to the malnutrition. Maybe some of the girls have got their cycles back after reaching a better weight, and those who haven't yet got their cycles back the doctors don't know if it's permanent or not?

The parents were gone for 3-4 years. The oldest boy and girl were in charge. The two youngest kids at the time went with the parents, everyone else was in the trailer. Punishments were still implemented, by phone.

The oldest said he put his siblings in the cages b/c if he didn’t then he himself would be put in a cage. He said he was terrified of his parents and he did things the “correct way” to keep his siblings alive.
I sure hope the older kids are getting some intense psychological therapy.

The sexual abuse to his daughter.......I can't imagine he only chose one daughter to abuse. Why would he stop at one? He may have even abused the boys. Sexual abuse can be the best kept secret.

Agree kkdj, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear more about sexual
abuse. I'd think there's much more to come since they felt strong
enough to file legal charges.
Anyone know when the actual trial will be?
I hope they can file charges against the mother for this as well.....you know, the "silent partner". She may not have sexually abused the children (or she may have also) but I believe she knew or should have known and allowed it.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
1h
I’m here in Riverside for Day 2 of the #turpin prelim. The evidence phase ended yesterday. Today the prosecution and the defense will present their arguments whether this case should go to trial. It begins at 10am.

To briefly recap, yesterday at the #Turpin prelim hearing, the prosecution presented testimony from deputies and investigators with @RSO and @RivCoDA as well as the initial 911 call and the photos of soiled clothing from the children and two of the daughters being chained.

Media has been allowed into the courtroom for Day 2 of the #Turpin prelim hearing. We will hear arguments from both sides today. Scheduled to begin soon.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
3m
Both David and Louise #Turpin are present in the courtroom. Hearing should start any minute now. David was seen sporting a new shorter haircut at yesterday's hearing.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
1m
The prelim hearing has begun. Arguments are to come. #Turpin

Judge is hearing arguments to stricken anything that may have happened with the #Turpins (allegations) in Texas. Defense has made their motion arguing it's not relevant in the case.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
1m
The prelim hearing has begun. Arguments are to come. #Turpin

Judge is hearing arguments to stricken anything that may have happened with the #Turpins (allegations) in Texas. Defense has made their motion arguing it's not relevant in the case.

Defense will probably win this one. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member