GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today the prosecution and the defense will present their arguments whether this case should go to trial.

Easy peasy! This doesn't have to go to trial if the accused plead Guilty (because they are).

*** Yeah, yeah, I get it that it's everyone's right to have a trial. And while legally speaking they are to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, facts, common sense and logic scream GUILTY. ***

Since their interpretation of their religion allows/condones torturing their own children, they'd surely have no problem lying in court.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
3m
Prosecutors made a "Lord of the Flies" reference in terms of the #Turpin children "having to fend for themselves". Regarding allegations that happened in Texas, prosecutors are arguing the abuse allegations "conditioned" children to who they were in California.

Prosecutors are referencing how one of the sons had to take care of "8-10 kids". Again making Lord of Flies analogies about children fending for themselves. "Parents had knowledge of the condition of these kids". #Turpin

The photos of one of the daughters chained is being shown again to the court room. Prosecutors detailing alleged abuse. "Dark sunken eyes". Argues this all came about with the alleged abuse in Texas. Shows more photos of soiled clothing.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
3m
Prosecutors: "Abuse in Texas mirrors that of abuse in California." #Turpin

Prosecutors now describing the health and malnutrition witness testimony previously stated yesterday. Prosecutors also talking about how chaining was David #Turpin's idea.

Prosecutors: On average children were 32 lbs underweight. Says Father wanted to see children starving, skinny and smelling.

Defense: "Conditioning" theory would require expert testimony. Theory is good reason to reject Texas evidence. Says evidence is "inflammatory" and "difficult to forget". Believes Texas evidence needs to be thrown on merits and prejudice. #Turpin

Defense: Citing a Russian novel involving three brothers. Citing suffering of children. "Cannot reconcile existence of a benevolent God".

Defense: We're here to determine what that "conduct" means.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
31s
Defense: Citing how the suffering of children can trigger emotions of outrage and anger. Emotion can affect ability to reason. Lots of philosophical arguments being made by defense.

Defense: Cites the word "torture" as something that can cause a visceral reaction.

Defense: Torture counts should be dismissed.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
31s
Defense: Citing how the suffering of children can trigger emotions of outrage and anger. Emotion can affect ability to reason. Lots of philosophical arguments being made by defense.

Defense: Cites the word "torture" as something that can cause a visceral reaction.

Defense: Torture counts should be dismissed.

Well couldn’t that be said about rape and murder too? Sometimes the truth is the truth. They tortured those children and they should be charged with same.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
1m
Defense: Thin evidence of abuse for David #Turpin in California.

Defense: Citing how one daughter had a social media account as an example of why ALL torture counts should be dismissed. Older siblings not confined to their rooms. Says it's an "easy call".

Defense: Charges must fail as none of the alleged victims are dependent adults because they have no drivers license, no physical or developmental disabilities. Attorney is referring to charges of abuse to dependent adult. #Turpin

Kris Ankarlo on Twitter

All of this, by the way has been from PD David Macher, who is representing David. He just reiterated the father was not aiding the abuse because he was not at home at any time abuse happened. He also said he could understand why someone may apply the idea of torture to Louise.

Really???? Because it seems to me David was at home when the police came and THREE OF HIS
CHILDREN WERE CHAINED UP.

If I were there today, I swear I’d be sitting in a jail cell charged with contempt of court.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
1m
Attorney for David #Turpin is going count by count making his arguments. Lots of it involving what he says is statute of limitations issues.

Defense: Some false imprisonment charges should be dropped as some of the older siblings were treated better than some of the other children. #Turpin

Kris Ankarlo on Twitter

All of this, by the way has been from PD David Macher, who is representing David. He just reiterated the father was not aiding the abuse because he was not at home at any time abuse happened. He also said he could understand why someone may apply the idea of torture to Louise.

Really???? Because it seems to me David was at home when the police came and THREE OF HIS
CHILDREN WERE CHAINED UP.

If I were there today, I swear I’d be sitting in a jail cell charged with contempt of court.
BBM
And........David's camp just threw Louise under the bus. Did she have a reaction?

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
1m
Defense: Thin evidence of abuse for David #Turpin in California.

Defense: Citing how one daughter had a social media account as an example of why ALL torture counts should be dismissed. Older siblings not confined to their rooms. Says it's an "easy call".

Defense: Charges must fail as none of the alleged victims are dependent adults because they have no drivers license, no physical or developmental disabilities. Attorney is referring to charges of abuse to dependent adult. #Turpin
Can someone please help my poor little brain, here? Is he saying the over-18 offspring can't be called dependent adults because they aren't adults due to not having DL?

As I've said before- IME it's the father who usually the one who
designs/constructs/suggests the type of abuse and the mother
usually follows his directives, quite willingly most times. Then
they both vehemently deny everything. Same old, same old.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
5m
Defense: There was no sexual intent or groping. Arguing against lewd act charge against David #Turpin. Doesn't believe alleged attempted kisses on 17 yr old daughter suffice for charge. No sufficient evidence.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
5m
Defense: There was no sexual intent or groping. Arguing against lewd act charge against David #Turpin. Doesn't believe alleged attempted kisses on 17 yr old daughter suffice for charge. No sufficient evidence.
I think this might get thrown out actually, for lack of sufficient evidence. However, I can't think of one single reason DT wouldn't have sexually assaulted the children.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
1m
Prosecutors are now using testimony from investigators and deputies to argue for assault charge Louise #Turpin is facing. Describing in detail to how the alleged abuse occurred such as the 17 yr old daughter saying she was choked by mother after watching Justin Bieber video.

Prosecutors are now reiterating their argument alleged abuse in Texas is relevant in the #Turpin case. Speaking about the "conditioning" of the children.

Prosecutors arguing based on evidence presented there is "strong suspicion" on all counts #Turpin couple is facing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280