Identified! NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

There are a few cases DDP is working could be any of them all thou we do hope it is Belle or Sheep Flat. We will have to wait and see..

Yes I know but those are the two current cases that they've mentioned they're fairly confident they'll solve. Seems most likely to be Sheep Flat Jane Doe but we'll have to wait and see, patiently!

Yes I know but those are the two current cases that they've mentioned they're fairly confident they'll solve. Seems most likely to be Sheep Flat Jane Doe but we'll have to wait and see, patiently!

True, I posted the article in this thread for a reason I feel as thou it is SFJD however still have to keep an open mind that it could be any of the cases their working on.

The article was posted 06/18, unsure when the interview for the article took place.

Lol... patiently .. I'm Norwegian/Viking/Irish we have little to no patients..lol but I will try

Last edited:
True, I posted the article in this thread for a reason I feel as thou it is SFJD however still have to keep an open mind that it could be any of the cases their working on.

The article was posted 06/18, unsure when the interview for the article took place.

Lol... patiently .. I'm Norwegian/Viking/Irish we have little to no patients..lol but I will tr

I have no patience either lol

I would be very happy to see any of their cases solved :)

DdP has taken on another case Hamilton JD ... if you read in the comments there is also another new case in the works that their going to announce in the next week if they can extract enough DNA... THIS IS SO FLIPP'N AMAZING

I'm guessing that when they say 'we have another case that needs extraction first' they're talking about Butler County Jane Doe which they already announced as an upcoming case if the extraction goes well a few weeks ago

Btw, for those interested, here is the websleuths thread for the new DoeFundMe case they took on, Hamilton County/Birchwood John Doe:
TN - TN - Birchwood, WhtMale UP8189, 45-55, surgical repair to elbow, Jul'06

Last edited:
Isn't that GREAT!!!

Now we will wait patiently for this UID to be identified. My gut feeling says they are on to her, but keeping it silent for a while, trying to trace back her murderer. A least I hope that's the case.

That's what I hope, too. It's possible - some would even say probable - that her killer was a boyfriend/husband or family member. When they identify her, they may want to keep it quiet in case her killer gets spooked and runs/kills themselves. They might want to identify her probable killer and try to get grounds for arrest before they publicly identify her.

In a case this old, it might also be that it's taking a while to locate and notify next of kin. Just a thought.

Very very possible.. seeing that DDP had their hooks in JC well before the public knew .. then account the time to go through narrowing down the possibilities ...then going through due process to confirm.

Do you guys think DDP has solved her identity?

I think they are very close to solving it, if they have not already. We recently learned that during the course of the Joseph Newton Chandler III search they already had the ID (Robert Ivan Nichols) in their family trees for several months before solving it, but they didn't know he was a missing person until they narrowed it down further and contacted his immediate family. I think it's very possible that Sheep Flats Doe is in one of DDP's volunteer's trees right now. JMO.

Just noticed that someone asked DDP two days ago 'Any update on Sheep Flat Jane Doe' and Margaret said 'not yet.' I feel like that may be a clear hint that the only 'update' left is an announcement that she is identified, otherwise Margaret could probably elaborate more about the searching process like she does with Belle in the Well and Mill Creek Shed Man.

I remember how vague DDP was about Joseph Newton Chandler in recent weeks which makes sense because they identified him back on March 6th!

Last edited:
I’m kind of scared of what’s going to happen when DDP can’t identify someone.

I believe they have already encountered some cases that "stalled out" due to not enough matches. See the last update of Mill Creek Shed Man's thread: WA - WA - Snohomish Cty, Male UP 13502, 50-65, Jan 2015 - Mill Creek Shed Man :(
The great thing about their method, however, is that the case is not a dead end if they can't solve it right away. It could pick back up at any time if more genetic relatives upload their DNA to GED Match. I don't think they will give up on any of their cases. There is always hope. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back