Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s done is done. There are a lot of dynamics and interpersonal relationships we just don’t know about everyone involved or the families. In my own family my mother kept everyone stirred up and angry over her bitterness and jealousy over money, time she didn’t spend with her father and every minute thing anyone did or said. I reunited with cousins I hadn’t seen or spoken to in 40 years. She was a “closet abuser” as well. I got out at 17 and limited contact since. But most in the community think she’s a generous person. Those close and relatives know better.
My point is we just don’t know how these family relationships work and the history behind them.

I want to make it crystal clear I do not and never will condone child abuse of any kind and never will.

I’m just suggesting that we take the above into consideration when we firm judgements or opinions. The world would be a better place if we do.

And Lucas should have been afforded at least that consideration especially by the DCF who failed him. He should have been believed and removed from the toxic EG because I have no doubt the social worker knew all about his relationship she secretly had with Lucas. The photos of him were more than enough to remove him to a safe place. He was losing weight and the cuts and bruises were obvious. That photo should be enlarged and hung in the entryway of DCF offices along with the other innocents who have died as a result of bad DCF decisions. The photos should serve as a reminder that kids die when DCF fails. And they fail far to often.

I am a retired professional and certain names and faces stay with me to this day. Sadly Lucas photo with bruised and cuts joins those faces I will never forget.

I too wish Lucas had been removed, but the horrific pictures we saw with the cuts and bruises DCF did not see, it wasn't reported until after he was missing. We don't know what evidence or what Lucas told them on the two incidents that were reported. We know Lucas told JO that Emily doesn't like me anymore when she asked about the bruises, but we don't know that Lucas told DCF that. Like I have said before I don't know what the answer is and changes certainly need to be made to DCF, but I also understand that now that Lucas is gone we have all this information about what kind of life Lucas led DCF did not have all that information to base their decisions on. DCF has a tough job to wade through what is legit abuse and what is someone using the system to cause problems in the family. They have to prove the abuse is happening before they can take any steps.

Well ya know, moms always want to fix things for their kids no matter how old they are but... I have four adult children who could use some help financially and I feel for their struggles however, I think Jonathan would probably do better if he weren’t encouraged to continue the role of victim. I have not been a champion for him but I have been fairly generous in my opinions when it comes to him. At this point I think he would be better served staying out of the public eye if all we are going to hear about is how he needs help monetarily. There are jobs for those willing to do the work. Maybe not the amount he was making but since he isn’t having to pay for a gf and two kids or someone to take care of them while he works, get two jobs. I had three jobs at one time to keep a roof over me and mine and never asked my mother for a dime. We all have hard times where we have to suck it up

Very well stated motheroffour! I think a lot of us have had hard times but never asked the public for help let alone our own family for handouts. smdh

Well ya know, moms always want to fix things for their kids no matter how old they are but... I have four adult children who could use some help financially and I feel for their struggles however, I think Jonathan would probably do better if he weren’t encouraged to continue the role of victim. I have not been a champion for him but I have been fairly generous in my opinions when it comes to him. At this point I think he would be better served staying out of the public eye if all we are going to hear about is how he needs help monetarily. There are jobs for those willing to do the work. Maybe not the amount he was making but since he isn’t having to pay for a gf and two kids or someone to take care of them while he works, get two jobs. I had three jobs at one time to keep a roof over me and mine and never asked my mother for a dime. We all have hard times where we have to suck it up

I agree. It’s time for him to pull himself together. Nobody can do it for him.

Thank you. I used to listen live but can’t find it in usual spot. Thank you for your help.

Brittni Thomason with KWCH is listening now and providing some information here: Brittni Thomason

So far...
Jonathan says he wasn't staying there, so Emily could stay there for as long as she needed to.

He says it's still up in the air whether Emily did anything other than hiding Lucas' body, until the autopsy comes back, so he wasn't just going to kick her out on the street. He says she had nowhere else to go, that her family felt betrayed by her and were upset after she led the PI to Lucas' body.

The link to the podcast should be posted here at noon: Crime Stories With Nancy Grace (podcast)

So he can get a house and get MH back while he is not working.....................

Hmmm. Interesting. He doesn't have EG's or Lucas' monthly expenses now, or MH's, unless he's required to pay child support somehow. If he hired DM, I would think DM would require a certain amount of money up front, so I don't think that's a current expense, but I could be wrong. I tend to look at those fund-raising websites with a very critical eye--too many scams seem to go on.

ETA: Sorry to interrupt the NG talk, I tried to post this earlier, but the website had other intentions. I thought it was lost forever, then when I was catching up just now it was back.

Last edited:
I agree. It’s time for him to pull himself together. Nobody can do it for him.

I agree. Everyone grieves differently and that’s where the problem lays. Sometimes people get stuck in one stage and they need help moving forward. And sometimes they regress to a past stage.

I don’t think it’s been any easier for the families by having this so public and all the rumors and accusations bandied about. I hope everyone involved is getting help.

This case was ugly enough without the complications of unanswered questions and concerns. And that woman who did the tv interview immediately after EG s suicide coupled with her NG appearance are two perfect examples of people adding to the conflict. Jo said SEW was not known to the family prior to Lucas disappearance. It’s crazy how some individuals insert themselves into tragedies just to make them worse. And it’s hapoened a lot in this case.

This case has had too many mysterious twists and turns to be on the up and up.

I do believe that the WPD and agencies as well as the community gave everything they had in trying to find Lucas.

The troubles lie in who was Emily Glass ? What was her background before JH came into her life? What did she do the twenty days JH was out of town working?

We really don’t know as as she was such a liar anything she told JH was probably a made up story.

How was she kept in jail for so long with the minor charge? Was it only because she didn’t make bail or was there a reason we are not aware of?

JH doesn’t escape being clueless.. IMO he has his own checkered background. I think EG was truly the bada$$ that manipulated, intimidated him and served his need of a babysitter for Lucas so he could work. He made better money than he could from many Jobs in town.

I think he ignored what EG was doing. It was like “playing house” he did what he wanted the days he was gone, EG was home taking care of first Lucas and then MH. When he got home', who knows what those ten days were like!

Sorry this so long! MOO is there is much investigating to be done with EG dead.

EXACTLY THIS !!!
Hi all.. been reading along but mostly staying quiet as we all wait for any report updates. I will always follow along as Lucas stole my heart from the very beginning. I have nothing to add today, just popping in for a second.

I too wish Lucas had been removed, but the horrific pictures we saw with the cuts and bruises DCF did not see, it wasn't reported until after he was missing. We don't know what evidence or what Lucas told them on the two incidents that were reported. We know Lucas told JO that Emily doesn't like me anymore when she asked about the bruises, but we don't know that Lucas told DCF that. Like I have said before I don't know what the answer is and changes certainly need to be made to DCF, but I also understand that now that Lucas is gone we have all this information about what kind of life Lucas led DCF did not have all that information to base their decisions on. DCF has a tough job to wade through what is legit abuse and what is someone using the system to cause problems in the family. They have to prove the abuse is happening before they can take any steps.
I agree. While there is no doubt in my mind that the *system* failed Lucas, I'm not ready to go so far as to say a case-worker had the pictures in front of her and ignored them. We just don't know that. Of course anything is possible, and there have been allegations of covered-up records in other cases, but unless/until the specific reports are released we just don't know what happened.

My guess is that the reports never made it far enough through the system for a case-worker to have even been involved. If if that's the case, it is NOT OK!!! The LE call at the funeral really bothers me. If there truly was visible proof of bruising and not just he-said/she-said (and I absolutely believe there was), then the policy that prevented immediate action is what needs to be addressed. I know we're not supposed to be political here and hopefully I'm within TOS by saying that I hope Topeka will continue their forward motion after the next round of elections.

Lucas Hernandez Mystery: Shocking new details emerge surrounding death of stepmom Emily Glass! We speak to Lucas’s father Jonathan Hernandez about what he saw in the house the night she died. Coming up on today’s #CrimeStories @SIRIUSXM Triumph 132 #exclusive #bombshell #crime

Nancy Grace on Twitter
Oh joy! Is anyone going to transcribe?

I agree. Everyone grieves differently and that’s where the problem lays. Sometimes people get stuck in one stage and they need help moving forward. And sometimes they regress to a past stage.

I don’t think it’s been any easier for the families by having this so public and all the rumors and accusations bandied about. I hope everyone involved is getting help.

This case was ugly enough without the complications of unanswered questions and concerns. And that woman who did the tv interview immediately after EG s suicide coupled with her NG appearance are two perfect examples of people adding to the conflict. Jo said SEW was not known to the family prior to Lucas disappearance. It’s crazy how some individuals insert themselves into tragedies just to make them worse. And it’s hapoened a lot in this case.
Amen to this! And not just by the crazy lady, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus