NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Kelly from a much earlier post in this forum, a neighbor's house was definitely searched. Just probably without any video evidence. I see that she has been on Facebook and decided to ignore my message to her-disheartening, but I suppose she has her reasons.
I still think there's some slight relevance to what that guy on that Facebook thread said about him being on Bedford Ave supposedly that day. That street was the longest one on his route, and where he would have spent the most time, so I can't help but think if it was someone local then it was someone on Bedford. Or that least SOMETHING happened on Bedford that day.

Thanks.

Like I said before, I wonder if it was the same neighbour who last saw Jason?

Something may have happened down Bedford Avenue, but I have no idea what. There hasn't been a single breadcrumb in this case, which leads me to believe that only one person was responsible. Who, what, where, and why? God only knows!

If I may be annoying one last time for today, I found something else interesting in regards to the next door neighbor selling their home shortly after Jason's disappearance (Screenshot posted). They bought the house in Dec. 1999 for $77,900. Less than two years later, and shortly after Jason vanishes, they sell the house for less than half of what they paid for it. Maybe the property value just plummeted, but I find this very strange. To me this seems like someone who wanted to get out and took the first offer that was given to them. I really do hope LE looked into this to some degree, but I really don't know what to think of the police there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 6.05.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 6.05.22 PM.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 44
If I may be annoying one last time for today, I found something else interesting in regards to the next door neighbor selling their home shortly after Jason's disappearance (Screenshot posted). They bought the house in Dec. 1999 for $77,900. Less than two years later, and shortly after Jason vanishes, they sell the house for less than half of what they paid for it. Maybe the property value just plummeted, but I find this very strange. To me this seems like someone who wanted to get out and took the first offer that was given to them. I really do hope LE looked into this to some degree, but I really don't know what to think of the police there.

Very interesting. Can you research if any other homes in the area bought and sold roughly around the same time lost half the value? If it can be proven that this is a unique situation then I’d say this is very suspicious.

Very interesting. Can you research if any other homes in the area bought and sold roughly around the same time lost half the value? If it can be proven that this is a unique situation then I’d say this is very suspicious.
Yes I'll look into this. I understand that Jason's area was in decline, but when a house right next door sells for half price 2 months after he vanishes, that's a huge red flag. It's just annoying that I can't seem to find out who owned that house at the time of his disappearance. I really do think that would at least be a good place to start, even if it's all just mere coincidence.

Yes I'll look into this. I understand that Jason's area was in decline, but when a house right next door sells for half price 2 months after he vanishes, that's a huge red flag. It's just annoying that I can't seem to find out who owned that house at the time of his disappearance. I really do think that would at least be a good place to start, even if it's all just mere coincidence.
It is also possible that the people living in that home were freaked out about Jason's disappearance , perhaps had kids and no longer felt safe living there.
The home may have lost value for the same reasons, fear of the unknown. imo.
OR...??

It is also possible that the people living in that home were freaked out about Jason's disappearance , perhaps had kids and no longer felt safe living there.
The home may have lost value for the same reasons, fear of the unknown. imo.
OR...??

Entirely possible, but it seems like a rash decision in that sense. But again, without Kelly here to answer questions we have no way of knowing anything about these people. Maybe they had been planning on moving for awhile and it just happened to be around the same time this all happened. It also just strikes me as odd that they were only there for less than two years (Dec '99- Aug 01). You know they definitely weren't house flippers, otherwise they really sucked at that job. Incidentally, I did look at some other home histories in the neighborhood, and NONE of them sold at half the price they were paid for.

Interesting tidbit about the guy who thought he saw someone who could have been Jason in a rougher area around the time he disappeared. I had read previously that his neighborhood did have some areas that weren't as nice and gang activity had been mentioned by someone familiar with the area. A lot of people thought that was silly, this being a residential area in Omaha but this comment shows that all of Bedford Ave. was not considered Mayberry.
Couple that with the fact Jason was known to have a poor sense of direction and then the theory seems more plausible that he got lost and ran in to trouble. Of course the witness could have been wrong, wrong day, not Jason, but on the other hand he could be right.

I still don't think the gang theory is viable. So, what, Jason ran into a gang at 10am who kidnapped and murdered him? Naaaah, don't see it.

I pretty much agree with this post on another site:

Although, despite just being an amatuer researcher, I do not really think this case is as baffling, but on the contrary a very classic case of what you, Austin, said about a disappearance caused by a sexually motivated crime. Those may appear "baffling" on the surface as they often lack traces, partly for the reason that the disappearance may happen very quickly and without witnesses but also because it is not unusual that no body is ever found.

Personally I think there are only two options of how the disappearance happened:

Either Jason was offered a ride by someone who was either familiar or unfamiliar to him, and which he accepted.

Or, someone living in any of the 8 blocks along the road he was walking lured him inside thei house under the pretence that they just quickly needed assistance with something. It was trashday the day Jason disappeared, so perhaps someone asked for assistance with carrying inside the trashcans? Like; "Hey, do you mind just quickly helping me getting these inside to the garage?".

Or something.

The Law Enforcement really made a huge mistake by not accepting Kelly's initial missing report when she visited them 24 hours after his disappearance. Instead hey just told her to come back if he didn't show up after some time and therefafter they did not finally begin the search until firstly 10 days later, when it was doubtful if even experienced search dogs would have been to assistance.

Read more: Jason Jolkowski - Omaha - Nebraska (NE) - Page 10 - City-Data Forum

Browsing online for news on this case-
Someone said they submitted this for a possible match to Jason a few months ago. Partial skull found in a creek in June 2017 in Ashland, OK., south west of Omaha.

Unidentified Person Case

Might be a long shot but it's only 45mins drive from Jason's neck of the woods.

How long does it normally take for submissions to be processed?

Browsing online for news on this case-
Someone said they submitted this for a possible match to Jason a few months ago. Partial skull found in a creek in June 2017 in Ashland, OK., south west of Omaha.

Unidentified Person Case

Last article I've found about this was from Sept. 2017 and they said it was still unidentified? They've ruled out a few Nebraska cold case victims, but don't specify which ones. Is there any update on this at all? It's almost a year now...

Also, I would believe that could be Jason's. Of course there's a thousand others it could also be, but not out of the realm of possibility. Whoever nabbed Jason could have picked up, killed him, then continued on their way to the main highway out of Omaha. Rush hour traffic would have been over so it would be a pretty easy ride down to Ashland. The area where it was found definitely has a good amount of woodlands there, so I wonder if LE did any poking around the vicinity. Or looked along the rest of the creek.

I am not 100% sure how Namus works. I know it can take a very long time for DNA tests to come back. If the person submitted Jason as a possible match a few months ago it could be a long wait. I think I have seen wait times go into months or even a year. I am sure you guys have seen that too in various cases.
It’s possible LE already tested the remains against Jason and ruled him out and didn’t make that public.
I read on the other site that sometimes Namus doesn’t always list rule outs. I am sure they would tell the family but not necessarily make it public.
I also wonder about other matches/Nebraska cold cases.

Last edited:
Ok sorry if this is not allowed, I will paraphrase a comment I read on this other site. Someone claimed that when Fazoli’s called the house looking for Jason his little brother answered the phone in a deep voice pretending to be Jason.
I have never read that before, ever. I wonder if it is true.

Ok sorry if this is not allowed, I will paraphrase a comment I read on this other site. Someone claimed that when Fazoli’s called the house looking for Jason his little brother answered the phone in a deep voice pretending to be Jason.
I have never read that before, ever. I wonder if it is true.

Do you have a link to that site? I've never heard that either. I've never heard of much involving his brother or his parents, certainly never anything accusatory. I doubt that a 12 year old kid made his older brother disappear forever or tried to cover up anything in any way. But interesting nonetheless

I just thought that was an odd detail. I don’t suspect the family in any way. Just a weird unconfirmed detail.
I don’t think I am allowed to link to this site. If you Google Jason’s name and the site you will find it R- - - it.

I have read several places that this is classified as a homicide. But all the official places that have the case details have it classified as a missing person case.
Dotr has a quote from an article a few posts back that says its a homicide. That is news to me.

I have read several places that this is classified as a homicide. But all the official places that have the case details have it classified as a missing person case.
Dotr has a quote from an article a few posts back that says its a homicide. That is news to me.

I haven’t been active on this site in quite some time. I have some free time over the next week or so; figured I’d dig in. I’m to a certain degree familiar with this particular case. I’ll provide a more complete post tomorrow.

But, as this is publicly available information now, yes, it was filed/investigated as a homicide case.

More tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members