Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snipped non-MSM reference> It makes me anxious. They just had a Navy Seal on the live stream I was watching. He said that diving in that cave is more dangerous than climbing Everest. He said it's a big stretch to believe that there won't be any more fatalities. Way to be optimistic. The way I see it, every boy that comes out of there alive is a miracle. I still believe it's possible they'll all survive this.

And this is what we *must* believe, and affirm...and pray for!

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Daily Mail the first boy out was Monhkhol Boonpiam, 13, known as Mark.
The second boy was Prajak Sutham, known as Note.
Number three was Nattawoot Thakamsai, a 14-year-old asthma sufferer whose parents have already lost a baby daughter to cancer.
Lastly came Pipat Bodhu, 15, aka Nick, who was not even in the team but came along as a friend of the goalkeeper.

Ekkapol Chantawong, 25, coach
Duangphet Promthep, 12
Somphong Jaiwong, 13
Mongkol Boonpium, 13 aka Mark
Chanin Wiboonroongrueng, 11
Phornchid Kamluang, 16
Prachuck Sutham, 14; aka Note
Peerapat Sompiengjai, 16
Ekkarat Wongsookchan, 14
Panumart Saengdee, age unknown
Pipat Phothai, 15 aka Nick
Nattawoot Thakamsai, 14

Adul Samon, 14

Alive! Four Thai boys who made it out of cave in daring rescue are identified | Daily Mail Online

OK, Cags--
Just some add'l updates - when you get the chance;
- nicknames, and another age correction:

Duangpetch Phromthep, is now 13 = aka Tom
(btw, have seen it usually spelt Duangphet)

Panumart Saengdee = aka Mick
(Usually spelt Panumas in articles)

Ekkapol Chantawong = aka Coach Ake

Somphong Jaiwong = aka Pong
(Usually spelt Sompong)

Chanin Wiboonroongrueng = aka Tun
(Sometimes spelt Wiboonrungrueng)

Phornchid Kamluang, = aka Tee

Peerapat Sompiengjai = aka Knight
(Usually spelt Pirapat Sompiangchai)

Ekkarat Wongsookchan = aka Bew
(Usually Wongsukchan)

Nattawoot Thakamsai = Toel

Adul Samon (no aka I can find)

OK, that's it for now, my eyes are glazing over! It's difficult verifying these names, as there are a few variations of spelling in English alphabet - but I noted here when I've seen a more-commonly way in most articles.
And also verifying ages kinda wonky, because of how they count birthday age:
Duangphet Phromthep just had a 13 Bday -- some reports say he turned 14, but in Thailand, they often count YOB as the first birthday, where as the West starts from zero. (I think their official records and documents may use the Western way, but not sure, maybe Jennifer17 knows!)

I think there might be one other birthday boy in there somewhere
I'll check a little more later.

Anyway, this for now, I'm pooped!
And now we all anxiously await when you update, as each sweetiepie comes out! :) ❤️
。。。

I couldn't finish reading. It makes me anxious. They just had a Navy Seal on the live stream I was watching. He said that diving in that cave is more dangerous than climbing Everest. He said it's a big stretch to believe that there won't be any more fatalities. Way to be optimistic. The way I see it, every boy that comes out of there alive is a miracle. I still believe it's possible they'll all survive this.

If the first 4 were the weakest ones...then the 9 will be out soon too! I believe with you. Also, they have widen passages and have another trip under their belt- so more experience. They are in the best hands for this. How awesome is that?

They are back in guys according to live link !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and in a standup it was sunny i think that was real time

so neat so if this is accurate we are talking about 630 in the morning our time they come out hopefully

ok it is 5 hours with current and 6 out

humm ///////the hardest thing for a human to learn to do scuba diving is to just breath normal ( so it is a real hard thing to do to go against that and not attempt to hold your breath when in water ) were taught a human cant breathe underwater

so the instinct is to hold your breath which totally messes everything up

they are starting !!

Last edited:
If the first 4 were the weakest ones...then the 9 will be out soon too! I believe with you. Also, they have widen passages and have another trip under their belt- so more experience. They are in the best hands for this. How awesome is that?

I'm really impressed with the time they put into this rescue. They were scrutinized for waiting and not making a quicker decision. In the end I think their patience is a huge reason the four boys made it through alive.

Hope this is ok to post
30m ago21:48

Michael-Safi.jpg

Michael Safi

News of the release of four of the Wild Boars last night sparked celebrations across Mae Sai and Thailand.

This morning, the focus is returning to the job ahead: freeing the remaining nine still stuck several kilometres inside Tham Luang Nang Non cave.

The first operation on Sunday was launched because conditions were “perfect”, authorities said. We cannot automatically assume rescuers will be granted the same conditions today. It is dry this morning in northern Thailand, but rained overnight.

Large stockpiles of air tanks and other equipment will need to be replenished at the cave site. And the 90 divers who took part in yesterday’s eight-hour rescue will also need to rest for the gruelling operations ahead.

Authorities said at 9pm last night next operation would take place in a 10 to 20 hour window – that’s between roughly 7am local time (nearly two hours ago) and 5pm.

Amid reports of activity at the cave site already, we are awaiting the announcement of a press conference that might give an indication of when the next rescue will start.

Weakest boys rescued from cave first

The weakest boys have been plucked from the depths of the Thai cave first - and they could have an Australian doctor to thank for it.

While the initial plan was to start with the strongest boys, cave diver and anaesthetist Richard Harris, 53, from Adelaide, assessed the youngsters and their coach and that strategy appears to have been reversed, Thai media has reported.

Last edited:
<snipped non-MSM reference>

It makes me anxious. They just had a Navy Seal on the live stream I was watching. He said that diving in that cave is more dangerous than climbing Everest. He said it's a big stretch to believe that there won't be any more fatalities. Way to be optimistic. The way I see it, every boy that comes out of there alive is a miracle. I still believe it's possible they'll all survive this.

He is just being realistic. For all we know, there are deceased ones in there now.
They wouldnt announce that.....for the sake of the families as well as the living.

If they used the word 'recovery mission', then its for bodies.

There wasn't a lot going for this mission to be successful, right from the start.

Hopefully, they'll all get out. Some will be in rough shape.....just true.

I think they will try and get them all out with this rescue. They learned a lot from the first four boys. Reports are the narrowest parts of the tunnel have been widened ~ If the divers don't have to remove their tanks and BCs they will be much quicker.

Through the tunnel and hand their precious cargo over to other divers, and the elite guys go back for more. The nine ambulances give me hope.

From what I've read, I don't think it's going to be possible logistically to get all the remaining boys out safely tonight.

The lead divers can't make 2 consecutive round trips in one night without putting themselves and the boys they're rescuing at risk, given how exhausting these dives are. And the oxygen tanks all along the route have to be replaced in between trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley