Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
est

you

god just imagine starting and you cant stop for 11 hours I cant sit here and smoke for that long without a Lunesta!!

anyone heard anything about the 4th person being the coach

their anchor is asking great questions!!

Four boys have been identified by name as being rescued. At least one news organization (Reuters, iirc) which claimed one was the coach has changed their story.

So, no. All indications are the coach is still in the cave (and will probably be last out).

From what I've read, I don't think it's going to be possible logistically to get all the remaining boys out safely tonight.

The lead divers can't make 2 consecutive round trips in one night without putting themselves and the boys they're rescuing at risk, given how exhausting these dives are. And the oxygen tanks all along the route have to be replaced in between trips.

They now have more divers I think. 6 more British Cavers flew in to help.
Cant remember where I read it but on here somewhere.

Won’t it be fantastic if the remaining nine are out tomorrow?

I, or we, can continue praying or asking the one you believe in, to bring the remaining boys and the brave divers out safely tomorrow. I include the coach if he is still in the cave. Prayers work wonders.

From what I've read, I don't think it's going to be possible logistically to get all the remaining boys out safely tonight.

The lead divers can't make 2 consecutive round trips in one night without putting themselves and the boys they're rescuing at risk, given how exhausting these dives are. And the oxygen tanks all along the route have to be replaced in between trips.

All the tanks are restrung !!

Anybody know if the Bangkok Post is reputable, because they are saying coach was removed

That fourth person taken to hospital was the boys' football coach, Ekapol Chantawong, 25. He was said to be in one of the worst conditions because he had given the boys his share of the group’s meagre food supply...

First 'Wild Boars' emerge from nightmare cave ordeal

OK, Cags--
Just some add'l updates - when you get the chance;
- nicknames, and another age correction:

Duangpetch Phromthep, is now 13 = aka Tom
(btw, have seen it usually spelt Duangphet)

Panumart Saengdee = aka Mick
(Usually spelt Panumas in articles)

Ekkapol Chantawong = aka Coach Ake

Somphong Jaiwong = aka Pong
(Usually spelt Sompong)

Chanin Wiboonroongrueng = aka Tun
(Sometimes spelt Wiboonrungrueng)

Phornchid Kamluang, = aka Tee

Peerapat Sompiengjai = aka Knight
(Usually spelt Pirapat Sompiangchai)

Ekkarat Wongsookchan = aka Bew
(Usually Wongsukchan)

Nattawoot Thakamsai = Toel

Adul Samon (no aka I can find)

<Snipped for focus>
And now we all anxiously await when you update, as each sweetiepie comes out! :) ❤️
。。。

BBM-- no nickname for him but I think it should be noted he is the main English speaker. The Daily Mail reported Adul Samon was the only one who spoke enough English to communicate with the UK divers when the group was found. Here's a little more about all the boys (and the coach): The 12 Thai cave boys: Brave young footballers stuck in cave | Daily Mail Online

They are back in guys according to live link !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and in a standup it was sunny i think that was real time

so neat so if this is accurate we are talking about 630 in the morning our time they come out hopefully

ok it is 5 hours with current and 6 out

humm ///////the hardest thing for a human to learn to do scuba diving is to just breath normal ( so it is a real hard thing to do to go against that and not attempt to hold your breath when in water ) were taught a human cant breathe underwater

so the instinct is to hold your breath which totally messes everything up

they are starting !!

It is difficult ~ impossible for some people.

The boys are wearing full-face masks, so they don't feel the water on their faces. They don't have to keep a mouthpiece in place. They can just breathe.

It isn't perfect, but we're four out of four so far ~

Michael Safu The Guardian Thai cave rescue to resume with eight boys and coach still trapped – latest news

This has prompted questions in the Thai media on Monday morning, and an official was just quoted by local TV saying authorities were holding off naming the boys who had been rescued because “they’re afraid it will affect the parents of kids who still remain inside”.

It gives you a sense of the difficulty of the task facing rescuers, trying to navigate the difficult underground terrain to reach the boys, but also the emotions of parents who must be stricken, exhausted and stressed.

from CBS News (I no longer know what media to believe)

Thai cave rescue: Operation resumes for remaining 9 who are trapped -- live updates

Thai media reported Monday that the 25-year-old soccer coach was among those who were rescued, CBS News foreign correspondent Ben Tracy reports. Tracy said that while that may seem odd, it's been reported for days that the coach was acutally in the worst shape of those trapped in the cave, since he had been giving the boys all the food and water he had on him.

Weakest boys rescued from cave first

The weakest boys have been plucked from the depths of the Thai cave first - and they could have an Australian doctor to thank for it.

While the initial plan was to start with the strongest boys, cave diver and anaesthetist Richard Harris, 53, from Adelaide, assessed the youngsters and their coach and that strategy appears to have been reversed, Thai media has reported.
anesthetise......is this how they're getting them out? Full face mask, holding them under the diver and anesthetizing them? Brilliant if it can be done safely. I thought it had to be monitored. Maybe they got it all figured out!

The Guardian Thai cave rescue to resume with eight boys and coach still trapped – latest news

3 min ago
Our reporters have had confirmation that divers have not gone into the cave for the rescue mission to bring out the remaining boys today, but are planning on doing so soon.

We don’t have a timeframe yet for when they will enter the cave, our reporters have just been told “soon”.

ok guys we all have been together a lot during breaking news when stuff goes haywire

this is insane they all are all over the place it is not right for the parents forget us

come on guys tighten it up a bit

CBSN is also doing live coverage of the rescue all night supposedly.

Thank you Creepcrusher for the info on the two live links.

The first link the reporter stated that the coach was one of the first out and is in the hospital now with the other 3. He says that he was suffering from malnutrition because he gave most of his food to the boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movalee