Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has an older sister and new baby brother, JO's kids with two other men. They are both shown, oh so tenderly loved by Lucas, in all of the memorial videos I have seen. My heart especially hurts for his darling older sister! I don't think I'm out of bounds here since they are clearly mentioned in obits and seen in published videos.
JH procreates with less than admirable mothers. I am no longer a sympathizer or fan of JO. Sorry.

I'm sure this will be a wildly unpopular opinion but here goes...

I think the failure or the success of JH as a responsible parent to MH all pivots on just how badly he wants it. If he's over and done being the kind of parent he was when Lucas was alive, and has determined to be the best dad he can possibly be to that little girl, then I believe he'll make those parenting classes work for him and he'll actually be a good daddy to her.

However, if he's just going to go thru the motions to go thru the motions, then that would certainly be quite tragic. Hopefully, Lucas' tragic death was more than enough to wake JH up and be the catalyst for turning him into a respectable father.

moo
My big problem with this is that JH has already had many bites of that apple, his second chance; why should MH be his test subject to see if he WANTS or CAN be a responsible and loving parent? That is way too great a risk for her, imo.

He is a 32 y.o. grown man already! Do you truly think he might change bc he LET his son suffer abuse to the pt of death (and is somehow shocked/guilted into good parenting by that)? I just don't see it.

I love that you have a generous outlook (big heart) and see an optimistic outcome with this seriously flawed person. I do. However, I'd never again allow him the opportunity to neglect another child. MH, especially, should not be positioned as his lab rat or litmus test. This is exactly how kids keep getting hurt: putting them back with a proven neglectful parent, hoping this time will be different. Moooooooooooo.

No disrespect intended!

I hope and pray that MH is given a new, stable home. She deserves the chance for a forever, loving, close family. I don't think that JH is a responsible Father. He never put Lucas first. He never protected him, even after so many violent incidents. JH had so many clues, so many warnings, so many chances to save his precious little boy.

Why should he get the chance to fail again, at his daughter's expense?

I believe there is an issue here we are over looking.

AND I WANT TO SHOUT I AM NOT RACIST AND I NEAN NO OfFENSE TO ANYONE!!!!!!!

JH was raised in a very different culture.

1. Men are providers and women took care of the home and family.

2. Discipline is different in the Spanish culture.

3. The value of a dollar is even much different.

4. Addressing and resolving personal family problems is also very different.

5. Blending these values with American customs is sometimes difficult.

While this doesn’t excuse behavior and this list could go in forever it is by no means complete, I thought it might give us something we haven’t discussed or perhaps considered. I did not write this to offend anyone. It opens another perspective.

I hope.

While this doesn’t excuse behavior and this list could go in forever it is by no means complete, I thought it might give us something we haven’t discussed or perhaps considered. I did not write this to offend anyone. It opens another perspective.

I hope.

While i understand the thought process behind your post, I don't know that it's fair to say this about JH's family without some sort of verification. There is a very large Hispanic population in Wichita, some of which are related to me. I don't see the factors you listed above reflected in my relative's family, nor in their circle of friends. And frankly, just because someone has an ethnic last name, doesn't mean they were raised in that culture. JMO

While i understand the thought process behind your post, I don't know that it's fair to say this about JH's family without some sort of verification. There is a very large Hispanic population in Wichita, some of which are related to me. I don't see the factors you listed above reflected in my relative's family, nor in their circle of friends. And frankly, just because someone has an ethnic last name, doesn't mean they were raised in that culture. JMO

I hope.
I think many families have this way of thinking. My hubby was the breadwinner while I was raising our children. It was thoughtful and practical. Although we aren't hispanic, I relate strongly to their culture and love it!

They didn't make up any charges and why would they? It's not like he's the head of the mob! He's just playing on the media interest!
Exactly. Again he's calling EG'S sons liars, in a veiled way. Hence he's victim blaming those boys.Calling the prosecutors etc liars. He's making himself into a victim now.
Everyone but JH are liars, everyone else is making up stories.
He's just as much a sociopath as EG.
How anyone can support him, defend him,make excuses. ( including those who support the )is mind boggling.
His own words are very damning. Straight from the horse's mouth.

My big problem with this is that JH has already had many bites of that apple, his second chance; why should MH be his test subject to see if he WANTS or CAN be a responsible and loving parent? That is way too great a risk for her, imo.

He is a 32 y.o. grown man already! Do you truly think he might change bc he LET his son suffer abuse to the pt of death (and is somehow shocked/guilted into good parenting by that)? I just don't see it.

I love that you have a generous outlook (big heart) and see an optimistic outcome with this seriously flawed person. I do. However, I'd never again allow him the opportunity to neglect another child. MH, especially, should not be positioned as his lab rat or litmus test. This is exactly how kids keep getting hurt: putting them back with a proven neglectful parent, hoping this time will be different. Moooooooooooo.

No disrespect intended!
I agree.
His Communications with EG was abnormal.
I think he would be living with Emily if she was alive.
He would say the autopsy report was inconclusive.
Hes that disconnected and dumb.

I am missing something. The quote below says a new baby brother. Did JO have a baby before or after Lucas
disappeared? Does she have custody of them?

Even though EG and JH weren’t married, doesn’t MH count as a sibling too?

He has an older sister and new baby brother, JO's kids with two other men. They are both shown, oh so tenderly loved by Lucas, in all of the memorial videos I have seen. My heart especially hurts for his darling older sister! I don't think I'm out of bounds here since they are clearly mentioned in obits and seen in published videos.

I am missing something. The quote below says a new baby brother. Did JO have a baby before or after Lucas

Of course. I think the poster was talking about the other children JO has. Lucas was loved very much by his older half sister who will understand and remember him.

I believe the half brother is younger than Lucas. Not sure if she has custody of the younger brother or older sister. MH is lucas’s Half sister as are the 2 older sons from EG’s previous relationship

I am missing something. The quote below says a new baby brother. Did JO have a baby before (yes) or after Lucas
disappeared? Does she have custody of him? No.

In the memorial videos, along with others made public by JH and JO/their families, you will see JO's oldest child (girl) holding the new baby (boy) while Lucas softly touches and kisses the baby's head. All of these names are included in the obits, so I'm not including them here. Pls watch/read the videos and obits linked here for further info. I will say the the clip of Lucas kissing the baby made me weep hardest of all, so fair warning. Just emanates love...

IMO JH plead guilty for one reason only - if this went to trial people would of heard in detail about his treatment of EG boys as well as LH and MH, would of heard about his drug use, temper etc. He wants to paint a picture of a poor naive man who fell in love with a woman who was evil and he is just a victim. This is all my opinion.

IMO JH plead guilty for one reason only - if this went to trial people would of heard in detail about his treatment of EG boys as well as LH and MH, would of heard about his drug use, temper etc. He wants to paint a picture of a poor naive man who fell in love with a woman who was evil and he is just a victim. This is all my opinion.

That certainly was a part of it.

Lawyers are in an adversarial role opposing two ideas in court. Between 90 to 95% of cases in a normal court settle.

Jh’s Case happened to be in the majority.
Eg’ case Was not because imo her attorney was smart enough to catch the error that the WPD had no evidence that she actually smoked mj prior to going to OG.

WPD for one reason or another did not test her after she was arrested. They thought her admission was enough. However the jury did not.

And not to mention it, I had said the DA would not likely release much more. information. It’s been 7 weeks since Lucas was found, 5.5 since EG died and weeks since the public should have been informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billyidaho