Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
JH seems like the type of personality that is basically a over grown “mommas boy” meaning that he NEEDS a female in his life always. He doesn’t like to take charge , make decisions on his own. He needs “mothered” to function. He can’t seen to deal with life unless someone else is controlling things for him. He’s more worried about losing that female in his life over his own child. Because he can’t mentally handle life without . He’s fine with cutting his mom off when he’s got Emily. But the minute she’s gone he runs back to mommy and she’s right there cleaning up and protecting him again. I married this type of person . Still am and I finally told him I have 4 kids well 5 now. I refuse to mother s grown man anymore made him get therapy. JMO

My ex sil was court ordered to take anger management twice. Still didn't work. I think some people can't or won't change. I think JH taking a parenting class won't help one single bit. He just doesn't have in him what comes naturally/instinctually to most parents.

I'm just thinking about if my MIL got the opportunity for one of those classes.... and I'm laughing at how it wouldn't make a lick of difference.

I'm sure this will be a wildly unpopular opinion but here goes...

I think the failure or the success of JH as a responsible parent to MH all pivots on just how badly he wants it. If he's over and done being the kind of parent he was when Lucas was alive, and has determined to be the best dad he can possibly be to that little girl, then I believe he'll make those parenting classes work for him and he'll actually be a good daddy to her.

However, if he's just going to go thru the motions to go thru the motions, then that would certainly be quite tragic. Hopefully, Lucas' tragic death was more than enough to wake JH up and be the catalyst for turning him into a respectable father.

moo

I'm sure this will be a wildly unpopular opinion but here goes...

I think the failure or the success of JH as a responsible parent to MH all pivots on just how badly he wants it. If he's over and done being the kind of parent he was when Lucas was alive, and has determined to be the best dad he can possibly be to that little girl, then I believe he'll make those parenting classes work for him and he'll actually be a good daddy to her.

However, if he's just going to go thru the motions to go thru the motions, then that would certainly be quite tragic. Hopefully, Lucas' tragic death was more than enough to wake JH up and be the catalyst for turning him into a respectable father.

moo
You do make a good point, but what if he is just a good father for a while and then goes back to how he was with Lucas once he meets someone new?

He better needs to be taught how to put his kid before his sex-life.

Yes, yes, yes. It still infuriates me when I think of how JH failed to pick Lucas up after school a while back because he & EG were too busy taking a nap. I mean seriously? And then on top of that, instead of rushing to his neglected little boy’s side to apologize, he was too lazy and sent EG (who then started a fight with JO). Makes me sick.

BREAKING Lucas Hernandez Update: Dad Jonathan Hernandez pleads guilty to child battery

CrimeOnline spoke Hernandez on Wednesday, who explained that the incident was not intentional and he never meant to harm anyone. He indicated that he had reached for the spray bottle the little boy was playing with and accidentally hit him in the chest. However, he’s tired of the stress and wanted to put the ordeal behind him and move on with his life.

“The battery charge was interpreted however they wanted. It was an incidental thing, not intentional. I’m ready to move on with my life. The circus is over. I just want to go back to being a working man and a father.”

(Please don't shoot the messenger. :()
So... sorry, not sorry. Gee, how unexpected. <--- sarcasm.

You do make a good point, but what if he is just a good father for a while and then goes back to how he was with Lucas once he meets someone new?
Well then in that case he just proves to the world he is exactly as rotten as many already thought he was. I'd like to remain optimistic that it's possible he turn things around for the sake of that little girl.

It’s just a group type thing. Talk about your experiances and listen to others. Then discus what the right thing to of done in the situation. They have a counselor there to “guide” them. Talk about how to handle certain situations etc . Its like a group therapy session. Often only one time . JH already has attended one when he got Lucas back the first time.

My daughter had to go when she divorced from her husband they share a 6 yr old. That was 4 years ago. It didn’t even last 45 min. And she was there with people who were child abusers and they were there for the court ordered class. It’s all the same.

He should of been ordered to anger management that one is actually more productive. It’s not a go once and done . You have work sheets homework etc you must complete before every session. It can be 6 weeks or 12 depends.
My husband did the anger management classes in wichita (personal choice) and it was exactly as you describe the parenting class just 1 hour a week for 6 weeks :/ he didn’t feel it accomplished anything

While I am not in the least bit shocked of this news, you can bet your tails I am livid. That pile of dirt and his sidekick have proven you can beat and kill kids and get away with it. Just disgusting.

The only damn good thing he did in this case was take the plea so the poor kids didn't have to testify. That's the only positive throughout this case.

Oh, Lucas, I am so sorry........
I don't think he wanted the kids to testify about what he did and most likely what he did to Lucas as well. JMO

While I am not in the least bit shocked of this news, you can bet your tails I am livid. That pile of dirt and his sidekick have proven you can beat and kill kids and get away with it. Just disgusting.

The only damn good thing he did in this case was take the plea so the poor kids didn't have to testify. That's the only positive throughout this case.

Oh, Lucas, I am so sorry........
I think he only took it because he had to. The way he claims they can make up any charges against him,etc. As if they are the bad guys not him.
He's disgusting.

I don't think he wanted the kids to testify about what he did and most likely what he did to Lucas as well. JMO
He did the right thing for all involved. He admitted to being an abuser without EG's sons need to take the stand. Bravo!
I agree with him that he wants to put everything behind and move forward.
It's just such a shame any of this ever happened. It needn't have and he was an integral component in all of it!

I'm just thinking about if my MIL got the opportunity for one of those classes.... and I'm laughing at how it wouldn't make a lick of difference.
Sociopath right?
For some reason I married into a family of them! They are an amazing breed all their own! Absolutely nothing works! They lack conscience and are amoral. I have stories galore! I actually stayed married so that my children were not subjected to these parasites without my monitoring! My kids turned out great! Thank goodness!

Thank you for this obituary. I did not know Lucas had other siblings except for the young sister. Where do,the other sister and brother come from, I am confused and to who belongs to who....mod please delete if I cannot ask.

Thanks

He has an older sister and new baby brother, JO's kids with two other men. They are both shown, oh so tenderly loved by Lucas, in all of the memorial videos I have seen. My heart especially hurts for his darling older sister! I don't think I'm out of bounds here since they are clearly mentioned in obits and seen in published videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519