GUILTY PA - Four Young Men killed, 18-22, Bucks Co., 5-9 July 2017 #8 *arrests*

gaah-smiley.gif
I get this message for the article:

Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in most European countries. We are engaged on the issue and committed to looking at options that support our full range of digital offerings to the EU market. We continue to identify technical compliance solutions that will provide all readers with our award-winning journalism.

This is the 2nd time I've seen this kind of message.... Can you give a little synopsis of the article - does it mention his next court date??!! You know me and court dates! LOL!

Cosmo DiNardo, last week pleaded guilty to four counts of murder and received life in prison, but his cousin, Sean Kratz, rejected a plea deal. DiNardo was sentenced to four consecutive life sentences.

Kratz last week balked at a plea deal that called for him to serve 59 to 118 years in prison for third-degree murder and related charges. The case will now go to trial. Kratz remains in jail without bail while awaiting his trial, which has not yet been scheduled.

The Judge last week appointed attorney Keith Williams to represent Kratz. Williams also represents former Northampton County adoption supervisor Sara Packer, who is charged in the killing of her 14-year-old adopted daughter, Grace Packer. That case is headed for trial in September.

Link:
Bucks County judge imposes gag order in homicide case of Cosmo DiNardo's cousin

Why would he do that?
By accepting a plea deal, the case against DiNardo will never go to court, his confession would never be heard. I assume Kratz's lawyer believes DiNardo is the true instigator, and his client, Kratz, should be seen as less guilty, at least by the public. Possibly there is also some legal manouever that, now the tapes have been published by the media, they can be called as evidence by the defence, whereas before that, their use in court was controlled by the prosecution.

Got a google alert, but of course I'm blocked by EU laws:

Cases stemming from Solebury slayings move forward

anyone give us a synopsis - 10% of what this says? Any court dates?? :)

TIA!

It's a long article, most of it is recapping the case and what we already know has happened. Here are some possibly new bits:
A year after Cosmo DiNardo’s calculated rampage gripped Bucks County, the criminal trials of the 21-year-old Bensalem man and his cousin Sean Kratz are only half over. Brewing already for months in Philadelphia courts, civil proceedings have only just begun.

“There hasn’t been any meaningful progress yet in terms of depositions and that sort of thing,” said attorney Colin Burke. “The fact that DiNardo has himself pled will help things start moving.”
Burke’s firm Kline & Specter represents the family of 19-year-old Finocchiaro, the Middletown man whose body was the first to be recovered from a mass grave on the sprawling Lower York Road farm owned by DiNardo’s family.

Their civil complaint, alleging DiNardo’s parents and their businesses share liability in the killings with their son and his codefendant, was filed earlier this year alongside similar complaints from the families of Patrick and Meo. The Sturgis family also filed suit against the DiNardos late last year.
Through their attorneys, the families have claimed Sandra and Antonio DiNardo negligently allowed their son access to guns and heavy construction equipment stored on their Solebury property, despite knowledge of his mental illness and propensity for violence that earned him an involuntary commitment to a mental health facility.

Carin O’Donnell, attorney for the family of Patrick, 19, of Newtown, described the farm in March as a “playland for evil acts.”

Now with proceedings on the cusp of moving forward, Burke said attorneys are planning to depose Cosmo DiNardo and his parents as they investigate avenues of liability in the case.

Cases stemming from Solebury slayings move forward

can't read this - anyone give me 10% synopsis - and IF a hearing date, please post!

Court docs: Sean Kratz threatened brother, sister with gun before Solebury killings

Prosecutors file motion to include Kratz's alleged violent past

DOYLESTOWN, Pa. (WPVI) --
We are learning more about the case being built against one of the young men
accused of taking part in a quadruple murder in Bucks County last year.
Prosecutors filed several motions Wednesday (8/1/18) hoping to show Sean Kratz
had a history of violence before his trial.
They want to include allegations that Kratz shot someone in Philadelphia back in
November of 2016, causing serious injuries.
[.....]
Kratz's attorneys also filed several motions Wednesday. They include a motion to bar the death penalty, change the venue, suppress Kratz's initial statements, conceal graphic crime scene photos, and remove the Bucks County District Attorney's office from the prosecution.

can't read this - anyone give me 10% synopsis - and IF a hearing date, please post!

Court docs: Sean Kratz threatened brother, sister with gun before Solebury killings

From the above link:

Ten months before he participated in three gruesome murders in Solebury, Sean Kratz flashed a gun at his brother and told the 9-year-old he would “blow his brains out” and kill his sister, according to new filings from prosecutors.

The alleged threat in September 2016 is one of two incidents Bucks County prosecutors say in motions filed Wednesday that they intend to present at Kratz’s trial if he, as they anticipate, presents himself to a jury as a “pawn” of his cousin Cosmo DiNardo.

In their new motions, prosecutors say Kratz’s mother had him involuntarily committed for eight days to Friends Hospital in Philadelphia for “violent tendencies and threats” following the alleged incident with his siblings.

But the violence, according to prosecutors, didn’t stop there.

The new filings also note allegations Kratz shot a man in Philadelphia in November 2016 — an incident this news organization reported earlier this year left a man in a wheelchair, and saw Kratz shot in retaliation several months later.

Those incidents all occurred less than a year before police say Kratz shot and killed 19-year-old Dean Finocchiaro inside a barn on the sprawling Solebury farm owned by DiNardo’s parents, and then helped to cover up the killings of Thomas Meo and Mark Sturgis.

Cosmo DiNardo’s cousin Sean Kratz hires Chuck Peruto in grisly Bucks murder case

Sean Kratz, who is charged with helping Cosmo DiNardo kill and bury three young men on a Bucks County farm in 2017, has retained A. Charles Peruto Jr., the criminal defense attorney who has represented some of Philadelphia's most notorious defendants.

The move, made official at a hearing on Monday in Doylestown, is the latest of several developments involving Kratz and his legal team and will further delay a case that was expected to go to trial early next year.
[.....]
On Monday, prosecutors expressed dismay at Kratz's decision to retain Peruto just days before Kratz was scheduled to be in court for pre-trial hearings represented by a court-appointed lawyer.

"This is gamesmanship," said First Assistant District Attorney Gregg Shore. But "from our perspective, this will only strengthen our resolve against Mr. Kratz."
[.....]
Wearing a yellow prison jumpsuit and appearing heavier than in the past, Kratz stood and asked to address the judge before the hearing concluded.

"Previously, when I was offered a third-degree murder charge . . . ," Kratz began, adding in a muffled voice that he had been promised a certain sentence. The judge cut him off and advised he talk with Peruto before continuing.

After huddling with Kratz, Peruto stood and said, "I think it is wise my client not speak."
[.....]
A gag order bars prosecutors and Kratz's current attorneys from expounding on what happened in court Monday. The pretrial hearings will be continued on a later date to allow for Peruto to get up to speed on the case and ensure he has necessary certification to represent a client in a capital case.

and of course, no next hearing date....

I can't access this article, and was wondering what this is about?

Cosmo DiNardo pleads guilty to gun charge

a 10% synopsis would be good! :) And if there is a court date for Kratz? TIA!

"The gun possession charge was the result of a Feb. 9, 2017, encounter between Bensalem police and DiNardo, who was found with a 20-gauge shotgun and ammunition. He was prohibited from possessing a firearm following his involuntary commitment to a mental health facility in 2016.

The offense could have carried with it a 10-year prison sentence, but in exchange for a guilty plea, prosecutors agreed to recommend probation concurrent to the four life sentences DiNardo is serving..."

bumpitupbump_zpslfblvcp8.gif

Hey me again!

I'm going to be going through all my "oldie" cases that I haven't heard anything about in quite some time again today....

I hope someone can help me with these.

I'm going to call on
@JerseyGirl, @cybervampira, @SeesSeas, @MsMarple, @mistivon, @Eleven_11, @Suglo

I hope I haven't scared anyone away with ALL your Alerts from me! :D

No access to this court site as it's Pennsylvania.
Hope you all don't mind me tagging you! I need HELP!!

Here's what I got:

Monday, October 29th:
*Conflict of Interest (Lawyer) Hearing (@ ET) - PA - Jimi Taro Patrick (19), Mark R. Sturgis (22), Thomas C. Meto (21) & Dean R. Finocchiaro (18) murdered (July 5-9, 2017, Bucks County) – *Sean Kratz (20) (CN’s cousin) indicted (7/14/17) on 3 counts of 1st degree murder, abuse of corpse, robbery, illegal poss. of weapon & conspiracy; plead not guilty. No bail. DA will seek DP. Bucks Cnty no access No update as of 10/29
5/16/18: Sean Kratz rejected a deal that would have had him serve 59-118 years in jail for the deaths of three of the four victims, who ranged in age from 19 to 22. Prosecutors say they will now seek the death penalty against Kratz.
5/23 hearing: Def. attys released confession tapes after Judge sealed them.
5/30/18: Judge appoints attorney for Kratz and imposes a gag order on the case.
7/16/18 Update: Trial to begin next year – no dates.

10/29/18 Update: Hearing – Kratz changed attorneys. The pretrial hearings will be continued on a later date to allow for Peruto to get up to speed on the case & ensure he has necessary certification to represent a client in a capital case.
*Cosmo DiNardo (20) (confessed in exchange for DP off table) indicted (7/14/17) on 4 counts of 1st degree murder, abuse of corpse, robbery, illegal poss. of weapon & conspiracy; plead not guilty.
5/16/18: Cosmo DiNardo pleaded guilty Wednesday to four counts of first-degree murder, among other charges, in the July slayings. DiNardo was sentenced to 4 consecutive life sentences in prison, which upholds a previous deal in which the district attorney agreed not to seek the death penalty in exchange for information from DiNardo.

animated-smileys-christmas-108.gif

and

animated-smileys-christmas-115.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member