Still Missing TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surrounded by high-IQ people (not bragging just stating the facts) and from that limited viewpoint I can only state my observations anecdotally so take this with a grain of salt...

IMO there's a spectrum among the highly intelligent and as y'all have said it doesn't necessarily follow that being smart means having common sense or being logical in choices they make.

One person I know well built a multi-million dollar business but can't hook up a stereo system or work an oven; another understands just about everything - except finances. One young nephew had us worried for a while that he'd end up in jail (he's fine); another young lady has great empathy for others yet constantly alienates people because of her strong views on social justice.

IMO near-genius people aren't immune to human failures and often are socially inept. Be it nature or nurture sociopathy/psychopathy can't be predicted on IQ points only.

No matter how intelligent Joseph is it's clear he experienced an urge (rage) and instead of controlling it he lashed out at an innocent child. IMO he's a ticking timebomb and it was only a matter of time before he released his rage.

And it's my belief his rage was aimed at his wife because she was planning to leave and apparently had been unfaithful. So in the end he did what so many abusers/murderers do - he took his rage out on the weakest, most vulnerable person. I hate him. And her too.

Moo and sorry for the long rant.

I'd bet my house that Joseph Sr. will also be shown to be on the autism spectrum, as well. One of those kids who never received any services or therapies on how to control his explosive temper, and grew up to be, well, a monster. Sad to say.

From the linked article: Sources tell NewsChannel 5 that Joseph Daniels scored very close to that level – that's right, Daniels, who detectives say admitted to killing his 5-year-old son Joe Clyde, is said to have scored in the 130-140 range on an IQ test taken a few years ago.

Speculating. . . .
All IQ tests are not created equal, and how/where/when/etc. they are administered makes a difference, IMO. If we knew the source of his reported IQ, it would help to confirm if his IQ result was legit. It's possible he took an online IQ test, or found an IQ test in the back of some magazine, etc. and bragged to the unnamed "source" that he was practically a genius! ;)

From the linked article: Sources tell NewsChannel 5 that Joseph Daniels scored very close to that level – that's right, Daniels, who detectives say admitted to killing his 5-year-old son Joe Clyde, is said to have scored in the 130-140 range on an IQ test taken a few years ago.

Speculating. . . .
All IQ tests are not created equal, and how/where/when/etc. they are administered makes a difference, IMO. If we knew the source of his reported IQ, it would help to confirm if his IQ result was legit. It's possible he took an online IQ test, or found an IQ test in the back of some magazine, etc. and bragged to the unnamed "source" that he was practically a genius! ;)
That's a great point! I've had people tell me they qualify for Mensa based on an online test. Even Mensa's own online quiz is only for fun and is not an IQ test. "Is said to have scored" and "a few years ago" isn't confirmation of a "near-genius" IQ.

But even if it was a legitimate test conducted by a professional it still doesn't mean much. Evil can fester anywhere and I hope LE doesn't think Joseph was so smart that they will never find Joe Clyde's body.

I believe Joe Clyde will be found. My fear is that we'll see another "undetermined." Soft tissue damage will be near impossible to give any clear COD so unless Joseph broke some bones, well...

I guess I'm still sad about Lucas. Sometimes it feels like there's no justice for the innocents.
sigh-smiley.gif

That's a great point! I've had people tell me they qualify for Mensa based on an online test. Even Mensa's own online quiz is only for fun and is not an IQ test. "Is said to have scored" and "a few years ago" isn't confirmation of a "near-genius" IQ.

But even if it was a legitimate test conducted by a professional it still doesn't mean much. Evil can fester anywhere and I hope LE doesn't think Joseph was so smart that they will never find Joe Clyde's body.

I believe Joe Clyde will be found. My fear is that we'll see another "undetermined." Soft tissue damage will be near impossible to give any clear COD so unless Joseph broke some bones, well...

I guess I'm still sad about Lucas. Sometimes it feels like there's no justice for the innocents.
sigh-smiley.gif
I truly hope and pray that his confession isn't thrown out of court and the jury gets to hear every word.

Unbelievable that he hasn’t been found yet. Joe may be a genius but he lacks in nearly every area that matters. Killing your child and hiding the body to forever be hidden is the most selfish act a human can do, all to cover his own rear.

I cant watch this. These monsters. Poor joe clyde, i cant imagine the thoughts of your own father relentlessly beating you til your body can fight no more. He never had a chance. Then his mother nearby hearing the death of her own son and doing nothing to stop the beating. Mother is the word of god upon childrens lips. What must have joe clyde been thinking as his body fought to stay alive. I cant fathom inflicting such pain onto a child no matter how mad i have been. I pray justice to be served in their lives and after. Where do these monsters come from?

Where is he?????
This is so dang too much.....
Chi watching constantly with little to add from Memphis :(
Maddening! There was another search Saturday July 7 by Texas Equusearch with no results.
Eight volunteers from Texas Equusearch trekked the Northern area of Dickson County - looking on road pull-offs for any clues.

"We're doing every pull-off that we can, that makes sense. We feel that that's what the suspect did." said David Rader, director of the Midwest chapter of Texas Equusearch.
Search continues for little Joe Clyde Daniels
Damn the parents! I believe Joe Clyde's remains will be found and am crossing my fingers that the ME will find something - broken bones - that points to antemortem (before death) injuries and will declare the COD as blunt force trauma and not "undetermined."

I'm sick of reading undetermined in so many little ones' murders. I get that injuries sustained at or near the time of death (perimortem) doesn't provide enough evidence for a conclusion but darn it, there's got to be some sort of technology to pin it down better. Heartbreaking!

A gathering will be held this weekend in Dickson County for Joe Clyde Daniels.

Members of the Dickson community have organized a celebration of life on Saturday to commemorate his birthday. Joe Clyde would have turned 6 on July 30.

It will be at Hillview Baptist Church from 2 to 7 p.m. with a balloon release scheduled for 6:15 p.m.

Balloon release set for Saturday to mark Baby Joe Clyde Daniels' birthday

I found Joe Clyde's case on page 16, sad that we have forgotten him just like his parents. This is the only news I could find about him.

The last announced search was July 7th.

Search continues for little Joe Clyde Daniels

Oh Jewels! I haven't forgotten about little Joe Clyde!!

Just patiently awaiting next court date in August - anyone have a "date"?

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member