MN MN - Amy Pagnac, 13, Osseo, 5 Aug 1989

What proof is there that Amy was even in the car when the stepdad stopped at the gas station? CCTV? Witnesses?

There is no proof, only the stepfather's word.

The sister, not sure if she was verified, mentioned early in there was cctv but police never looked at it. So it is the story told. Did anyone at the gas station see her In the car at any point?

The sister, not sure if she was verified, mentioned early in there was cctv but police never looked at it. So it is the story told. Did anyone at the gas station see her In the car at any point?
You have got to be f'ing kidding me. They never even looked at taped footage on the scene?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You have got to be f'ing kidding me. They never even looked at taped footage on the scene?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Is that true? How common was it back in those days to have cameras?

How can anyone believe LE did not look at cameras.

Is that true? How common was it back in those days to have cameras?

How can anyone believe LE did not look at cameras.

One of the first posts in Amy’s thread is from her sister. She said there was footage but it was not checked. I’m not sure if this has been verified. But, I wonder if she sat in the car for 15 or more minutes if any witnesses saw her there.

Post #15 is from hey sister and in part says: <snip> "I'm Amy's sister. Yes there were camera's at the gas station, however during the initial investigation, the police never obtained copies of the footage. Yes, they were able to verify my father was at the gas station, and yes, they were able to verify they left the farm. The gas station is near the middle of town on the main street. it is a very small town, main street is about 4 blocks long, and there are mostly businesses along the main street with residential homes behind it. The area was not very developed at the time, and there were significant areas of farmland around, corn fields specifically."

I thought for sure when the police dug up that back yard that something would have been found

https://www.cctvcamerapros.com/Gas-Station-Surveillance-s/226.htm

Until the past decade or two, the concept of gas stations needing surveillance systems was nearly unheard of. This was mainly because gas was so cheap, there was really no need to steal it.

as station surveillance cameras have existed for at least the past decade or two. They are usually found outside the gas station, with a broad view over the entire gas fill-up area. In past years, they were of poor quality and had limited recording time, which made them very ineffective. However, the truth of the matter is that these days, technology has come a long way and the cameras that monitor the entire gas station are much more advanced.

One big change recently is that gas stations are no longer monitoring just the fill-up area when they are doing surveillance. They are monitoring inside the store as well. The truth of the matter is that most of the robberies in gas stations happen in the store, and gas station owners are beginning to realize this.

https://www.cctvcamerapros.com/Gas-Station-Surveillance-s/226.htm

Until the past decade or two, the concept of gas stations needing surveillance systems was nearly unheard of. This was mainly because gas was so cheap, there was really no need to steal it.

as station surveillance cameras have existed for at least the past decade or two. They are usually found outside the gas station, with a broad view over the entire gas fill-up area. In past years, they were of poor quality and had limited recording time, which made them very ineffective. However, the truth of the matter is that these days, technology has come a long way and the cameras that monitor the entire gas station are much more advanced.

One big change recently is that gas stations are no longer monitoring just the fill-up area when they are doing surveillance. They are monitoring inside the store as well. The truth of the matter is that most of the robberies in gas stations happen in the store, and gas station owners are beginning to realize this.

I worked in a petrol station 20 years ago (in Australia) and while there was plenty of surveillance, in store and out near the bowsers, the footage was recorded over very quickly. One tape lasted 24 hours and I can't recall how many tape changes there were before we started recording over tapes, but it was less than a week's worth. The quality was pretty decent, I left that job after I was held up, but I still remember the stills I was shown from the footage. (They got the guy about 4 years later, he'd disguised himself well). I would think that 1989 was very primitive with regard to cctv though.

I worked in a petrol station 20 years ago (in Australia) and while there was plenty of surveillance, in store and out near the bowsers, the footage was recorded over very quickly. One tape lasted 24 hours and I can't recall how many tape changes there were before we started recording over tapes, but it was less than a week's worth. The quality was pretty decent, I left that job after I was held up, but I still remember the stills I was shown from the footage. (They got the guy about 4 years later, he'd disguised himself well). I would think that 1989 was very primitive with regard to cctv though.

If there actually was any about thirty years ago

First of all - I hope from the bottom of my heart that the fate of this girl comes to light and if needed justice is served.
I've read this whole tread and many of the links/sources. I may have missed something though.

1. Out of where came the idea of sextrafficing? Was that a known or common thing/problem in the area? (At that time)
2. While understand and appreciate some user is advocating for the family and their situation, I just must say that people LIE, with intent or mistakenly. Any people, but most do for reasons. I cant seem to figure out why LE would either lie or be sloppy in their reports or job. What would be their motive or gain?
3. If there's many mediaarticles with false information I wonder why they arent diminshed once an for all by the implicants by a live press-conference.
4. This case is nearly 30 years old, I'm not sure I believe that releasing all (or almost) of the policematerial on the case will be an advanges for the potentiel wrongdoer, as one user indicate.
5. I miss details or knowledge of this girls 'normal' behavour. Was it in her caracter to lose patience and leave a car/father just because he was in the bathroom/getting gas? And was it normal for the father to leave his children in the car and be gone for a longer period of time, so that it would be 'excuseble' for a child to leave after waiting a certain time? In my humble oppionen it is odd to assume she would leave the car and start walking home - but that may not be odd for her and her family. Though I cant find anything where the family explain what would be normal or not normal for them (in this matter)?
6. Is there anyone who can request the policereports? It seemed one user wanted to but had family emergencies in the way. Can anyone else get it? I would like to contribute. However I'm from out of country so I have no idea how to do so?

Forgive my gramma and perhaps spelling issues. I hope my writing is understandable.

6. Is there anyone who can request the policereports? It seemed one user wanted to but had family emergencies in the way. Can anyone else get it? I would like to contribute. However I'm from out of country so I have no idea how to do so?

I didn't even think of that! I can't promise anything, but I can try. I'm only about 15mins away from there.
I actually grew up just a city away from there and I'm only 3yrs older than Amy.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

National Missing Children's Day: Find Missing Minnesota Kids

NCMC733090c1-1527263320-4052.jpg
Maple Grove police continue seeking answers in the disappearance of Amy Sue Pagnac.

On Aug. 5, 1989, Maple Grove-native Amy and her non-biological father Marshall Midden took a day trip to the family property in Isanti County. On the way home, Marshall stopped at the Holiday gas station in Osseo.

According to Marshall, Amy waited in the car while he went inside to use the restroom. Marshall reported upon returning to his car that Amy had disappeared. Amy has never been seen again. She was 13 years old at the time of her disappearance

First of all - I hope from the bottom of my heart that the fate of this girl comes to light and if needed justice is served.
I've read this whole tread and many of the links/sources. I may have missed something though.

1. Out of where came the idea of sextrafficing? Was that a known or common thing/problem in the area? (At that time)
2. While understand and appreciate some user is advocating for the family and their situation, I just must say that people LIE, with intent or mistakenly. Any people, but most do for reasons. I cant seem to figure out why LE would either lie or be sloppy in their reports or job. What would be their motive or gain?
3. If there's many mediaarticles with false information I wonder why they arent diminshed once an for all by the implicants by a live press-conference.
4. This case is nearly 30 years old, I'm not sure I believe that releasing all (or almost) of the policematerial on the case will be an advanges for the potentiel wrongdoer, as one user indicate.
5. I miss details or knowledge of this girls 'normal' behavour. Was it in her caracter to lose patience and leave a car/father just because he was in the bathroom/getting gas? And was it normal for the father to leave his children in the car and be gone for a longer period of time, so that it would be 'excuseble' for a child to leave after waiting a certain time? In my humble oppionen it is odd to assume she would leave the car and start walking home - but that may not be odd for her and her family. Though I cant find anything where the family explain what would be normal or not normal for them (in this matter)?

Forgive my gramma and perhaps spelling issues. I hope my writing is understandable.

Amy suffered from epilepsy. They assume she had a seizure, became confused and disorientated and wandered away from the Holiday gas station. Amy also had a history of running away from home. A lot of people think Amy didn't make it off of the family farm. Several years ago, LE dug up certain areas of the family farm in hope of finding Amy. There are a lot of places to hide a body in Isanti County.

P
Amy suffered from epilepsy. They assume she had a seizure, became confused and disorientated and wandered away from the Holiday gas station. Amy also had a history of running away from home. A lot of people think Amy didn't make it off of the family farm. Several years ago, LE dug up certain areas of the family farm in hope of finding Amy. There are a lot of places to hide a body in Isanti County.

I’ve never heard that Amy had epilepsy. Do you have a link for that information? Thanks!

I dont think it was recorded medically that she was epileptic.
This case never leaves my mind. Shortly before finding out I was pregnant last fall I took a walk around downtown Osseo and even stopped in at the holiday station. I honestly in my heart dont believe that she was ever at that gas station. I also would love to know besides family when was the last time someone actually seen her physically?

I dont think it was recorded medically that she was epileptic.
This case never leaves my mind. Shortly before finding out I was pregnant last fall I took a walk around downtown Osseo and even stopped in at the holiday station. I honestly in my heart dont believe that she was ever at that gas station. I also would love to know besides family when was the last time someone actually seen her physically?

"If you have recurrent seizures, you have epilepsy." Seizures - Symptoms and causes

I live about 5 minutes outside of Osseo. I also doubt Amy was at the gas station unless it was in a different location than it is now. One time, I was sitting in Panera Bread in Maple Grove and a retired cop who worked on Amy's case was in there. He overheard me talking about my law enforcement training and struck up a conversation with me. The retired cop doesn't think Amy was at the gas station, either.

Was the Isanti County Boy's Ranch running in 1989? I have a classmate who lives on a farm in Isanti County, not far from where the Boy's Ranch was located. And, she said, boys run away from the ranch and knock on people's doors looking for a place to stay. I wonder if a boy did something to Amy or if it really was her dad/step-dad. Or, Amy was doing something with a boy, her dad freaked out and accidentally killed Amy. I don't know.

There are a lot of scenarios of what could have happened to Amy. I think she didn't leave the farm. The parents have lived in the same house all of these years. Their backyard (never their front yard) has been dug up and sifted through for evidence. I remember them tearing up their backyard 4 or 5 years ago, and watching Kare 11 live streaming the front of the Pagnac's front yard.

Isanti County youth ranch closing

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13