MN MN - Amy Pagnac, 13, Osseo, 5 Aug 1989

Why would Amy's father stop to use the gas station restroom when the family home was only a few minutes away?

Also, the investigators must have had good reason to carry out an excavation at the farm after 25 years.
<modsnip>

Most likely, they were able to persuade a judge that they would find something. However, it doesn't seem likely that they did...since it is now 2023 and nothing has come of it. They had unrestricted access to everything for six days, and have held onto whatever they took for almost ten years now, and nothing.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
How heartbreaking. She had never heard of this case before. It's really scary because I have two kids (11F, 05F) one about Amy's age at the time of her disappearance, and I left them in the car while I ran to a store to buy a couple of items. I lock the door, but at her age it never occurred to me that something like that could happen... And then add the fact that it was 1989 when that happened. Very sad!

I hope Amy's family finally gets some answers. It's probably a long shot, but it seems like old cases are being solved every day...

I never did this when they were little, and my kids are very similar ages, so it was a pain at times when they were that little, but it wasn't a risk I would take.

I only started doing this when my daughter was 10 and my youngest daughter was 4. And only in this store do I buy lottery tickets. I park in a spot where I can see them, even now. I just started doing it because one day my daughter asked me if she and her brother could stay in the car and since she was 11 years old I said yes. It's just that she'd always heard horror stories about stolen cars with babies in them, but not about 13-year-old girls kidnapped from her father's car in broad daylight. Nightmarish!

either way

rest in peace

We'll I dropped her name on a Q&A with a nationally recognized detective.. praying he takes a good.look at her case. Keeping my fingers crossed.
She deserves to have her story nationally looked into.
Enough time has elapsed... she deserves a spotlight until her case is resolved.

Why would Amy's father stop to use the gas station restroom when the family home was only a few minutes away?

Also, the investigators must have had good reason to carry out an excavation at the farm after 25 years.
It looks like what I said about why Dad would stop at the gas station when home is only a few minutes away was snipped by a moderator, so I will try again and hope that this attempt is more acceptable.

The reason to stop at the gas station was to get gas. Mom has mentioned the gas receipt in the past as being part of what was used to establish the timeline. Since he was already at the gas station, it seems reasonable to use the bathroom there after the drive rather than wait until he got home. We all have different ways of weighting these decisions. I for one, would go home first if I could wait. But not everyone feels the same way.

It is possible that the reporters and the police focus on the trip to the bathroom because it was during that time that she disappeared. It isn't really relevant that he stopped to get gas since she didn't disappear while he was getting gas. They probably didn't think it was significant enough to mention that he got gas at a gas station, and it probably never occurred to them that this would be considered an important omission.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back